Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorGamefreak88
    • CommentTimeNov 25th 2007 edited
    Here they are!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-RB8qnJpeQ">2007 Black Friday at Fry's Electronics Part 1</a>
    Here is the entire line outside the San Diego Fry's Electronics at 3:45 AM. The line encircled the entire store by 4:00 AM, and then the store opened at 4:30 AM. The average wait time during the morning rush was up to six hours. The Fry's FCO (Front Check Out) system was down for over 50 minutes with the line at a literal standstill. There were other network outages throughout the rest of the day. All Fry's stores nation-wide were affected by the outages. (less)
    <video type="youtube">o-RB8qnJpeQ</video>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9VJul-igWg">2007 Black Friday at Fry's Electronics Part 2</a>
    Here is the entire line outside the San Diego Fry's Electronics at 9:30AM. At this time the store was already filled with thousands of customers which formed a line through nearly every single aisle of the store. The fire marshall came and was limiting the number of people who could be in the store. Fry's dominated Black Friday this year.
    <video type="youtube">u9VJul-igWg</video>
  1. Other Topics You Might Like
    Black Friday San Diego: Caos, Overcrowding, 4 Hour Cashier Lines, POS System Down & Angry Customers!
    Post Pictures & Videos of Fry's Black Friday 2008 Here
    Black Friday videos, post them online
    What is the status of Store 15 San Diego Fry's?
    San Diego store managers gives televisions away
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    • CommentTimeNov 25th 2007
    amazing. what time was the second one? loloi am a worm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorGamefreak88
    • CommentTimeNov 26th 2007 edited
    The first one was shot at 3:45 am and the second one was shot at 9:30 am. Click the links for the descriptions and read the comments on the videos.
    •  
      CommentAuthorhoward
    • CommentTimeNov 26th 2007
    maybe videos of the inside would be nice too. the lines indoors where way longer. it wrapped around the building like spaghetti.Howard Dean for America '08
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeNov 26th 2007
    2.5 stars.  
    Masterful cinematography.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorGamefreak88
    • CommentTimeNov 26th 2007 edited
    I wanted to videotape the inside of the store, but was unable to bring my camcorder inside. It is too big to hide and I didn't want to risk my job over it. Although it was very tempting! The inside would have been priceless. I'm sure in the coming week or two we might see another video or two from the San Diego store from customers posting their videos online. I shot both of those videos during my breakfeast/lunch break. By the time dinner came around there wasn't a line outside (as far as I know.. I didn't look.. but there were less people inside the store later in the day).

I also have some photos.. I'll have to go through them and post them up. Nikon D50 Digital SLR for the win! :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorSam
    • CommentTimeNov 27th 2007
    wow, great job with the video.  

did i see some Asian guys playing badminton? lolthe wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round
  2.  permalink
    [quote][cite] Sam:[/cite]wow, great job with the video.

did i see some Asian guys playing badminton? lol[/quote]

I don't know about the badminton, nor do I even know what the game is, but I have to ask.. Sam.. do you work at the San Diego store? As in, assistant store manager sam? Lol.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSam
    • CommentTimeNov 29th 2007
    no, i'm from the los angeles area. I'm just a sales guy.the wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round