Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
  1.  permalink
    $omeone at Renton is getting fired for $ure.. WTF is thi$? The exact price of a wirele$$ install... Hrrrrmm..  
    When you make the new$ for underhanded busine$$, Expect a visit from randy!
  2.  permalink
    Whoever it was deserves to be royally screwed over and fucked, then fired. That is not what customer service is.
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    • CommentTimeNov 27th 2007 edited
    This needs to be labeled, Renton Line Scam, lol. Sounds like a wireless install but all services are not taxed. It would be $99.99.. Well isn't that what you guys charging for a wireless install?i am a worm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeNov 28th 2007
    LOL, that has got to be a wireless. This shit is getting ridiculous.
    •  
      CommentAuthorphuct
    could be a wireless  

i cant remember but some store (think it was renton) set a company record for wireless sales in 1 day. they hit 63 or so. everyone else made 15 - 20 sales.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfobking10
    now this is amazing! im sure heads will be rolling soon, including but not limited to store/asst. manager as well. how can you not know whats going on in your store? i mean i know its black friday and all, store manager should be proactive in the front check out at the very least, atleast he would've known then.
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    • CommentTimeNov 28th 2007 edited
    when you sell a computer ask them if they want the wireless install and as an added bonus you will let them cut to the front of the 4 hour line. The news report says they were asking customers in line if they wanted to pay to get up front. The entire thing sounds really sketchy.i am a worm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorman
    • CommentTimeNov 29th 2007
    People are dumb! Take the opportunity to purchase their service, cut in line, and return it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeNov 29th 2007
    Smart thinking.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSam
    • CommentTimeNov 30th 2007
    we're having free wireless install right now...after rebate with the purchase of some Netgear routersthe wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Anyone who needs Fry's to install their wireless lacks multiple brain functions.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorganC
    AyaHu:Anyone who needs Fry's to install their wireless lacks multiple brain functions.

a lot of people out there are like that :P
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    • CommentTimeDec 1st 2007
    People need a three step guide to everything.i am a worm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeDec 9th 2007
    RTFM.
    •  
      CommentAuthorm_tux
    • CommentTimeDec 21st 2007
    Anyone know what has become of this story? anyone get reprimanded?I'm crushing your head... You flathead!
    •  
      CommentAuthoralyshah
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2008
    On Black Friday, a components associate wore a sign mentioning a line bump if the customer paid a fee. It was meant to promote interest and generate wireless installs. Instead it put the store in the news, it put a bunch of people out of work, and took a store with a readily earned good reputation and tarnished it. The associate who actually wore the sign was terminated.The only thing worse than ignorance is stupidity.
    •  
      CommentAuthorPunkzilla
    Old thread is old.I shit trains, Now what?
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    It probably took forever to digg up this old thread.
    •  
      CommentAuthorm_tux
    Run! It's a zombie thread!I'm crushing your head... You flathead!
    •  
      CommentAuthoralyshah
    • CommentTimeJun 26th 2008
    LOL. Nah, I work there, and only recently have I joined this site. I figured since I knew, I should post, you know. Gossip and speculation are one thing, but facts are another. All things considered, I like my store, and took it personally went people went out of their way to do something stupid.The only thing worse than ignorance is stupidity.
    •  
      CommentAuthorUnknown
    what do you expect a store or anyone to do? with home office all up store's asses to get wireless installs up. I give that store prop's for going out and trying something diffrent. I'm pretty sure if no one complained about this or if it wasn't on the news. then i bet rany fry's would be showing that store with praise for a good job in selling wireless. as for the store and the e/c dept. managers if they didnt know what was going on then their either dumb as hell or their lieing.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    It's a bullshit thing to do, but a good idea nevertheless. Too bad some whiny customers started shitting bricks. Hell, next Black Friday, they should have tickets on sale for twenty dollars that allow for a parallel line to checkout. Or perhaps some cashiers reserved specially for ticket holders. Not the most ethical money maker, but hey, neither are wireless installs. They might as well call them money laundering.
    •  
      CommentAuthorm_tux
    well personally I'd rather go out of my way for a customer that wants to actually buy something decent than someone just coming in because he is *only* buying something from the ad and nothing more.I'm not going to stand around bending over backwards over something that a) isn't making me money b) not making the store money. :) I mean all they are buying it is for the price.. they better not be expecting service ala the Ritz Carlton. Of course, a customer is going to be treated better when they actually purchase items beyond what's just on sale. I definitely don't expect the best service if I continue to visit a restaurant and tip lousy.I'm crushing your head... You flathead!
  3.  permalink
    paying to cut in line is the same thing as the wireless installs...  
    why not have a frys membership like costco except the membership gets a special checkout line.i love it when they call me big papa
  4.  permalink
    I thought the Frys card was membership to some exclusive club where you get discounts and other deals. I do however cut though register 1 through 4... an added benefit of being a member.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeJun 27th 2008
    CrazyFox213:I thought the Frys card was membership to some exclusive club where you get discounts and other deals. I do however cut though register 1 through 4... an added benefit of being a member.

Don't believe what sales people tell you. Read the fine print.
  5.  permalink
    they used to tell us they were working on the special promotions for years and finally they got the no intrest for a year financing. after i dont know how long.  
    at one point i even remember them telling us to tell customers that they might start sending them coupons in the mail if they had the frys card.i love it when they call me big papa