Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSpace7478
    • CommentTimeMay 2nd 2012
    Hello everyone,  
    so I got recently hired by Fry's and I'm scheduled to have a 4 day orientation, adding up to 36 hours total in a week, even though I'm part-time (25h max). Is there that much paperwork and videos to go through?  
    Thanks
  1. Other Topics You Might Like
    Long time Fry's Customer would like to say his appreciations
    5 days
    Fry's didn't pay me my vacation, holiday, and personal days on my last pay check
    Are department managers even here now in days?
    Frys Five days an employee for misconduct outside store
    •  
      CommentAuthorGuest 9178
    Get out as soon as you can. Dont waste your time with that company. It sucks!!!!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorFrenchyFry
    If you go to Sales, which most did, you will eventually die a torturous death. If you can make a living off a base salary of a Cashier or Customer Service ( Returns ) , that is the only place long term people have remained. Just be glad You Have a Job ! But DO NOT GO TO SALES< THE BEST ARE GONE. and there are some serious problems, keeping that job.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSpace7478
    I'm just in that hell for experience to get a job elsewhere, and luckily I'm not in Sales... just Merchandiser.
  2.  permalink
    Everyone starts off as a Merchandiser, it's only a matter of time before the DM bumps you up to Sales behind your back.
    •  
      CommentAuthort0rrent
    Yea, I thought all merchandisers were being forced into sales anyways?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSpace7478
    Well, I wonder how long that will take. When they do it, I'm ready to jump ship. Maybe I will try to get into Best Buy again (They turned me down right before Fry's offered me the first interview). Or Target... or even Walmart if I have to!
  3.  permalink
    Not really, you can beg your DM to keep you at Merchandiser. I've noticed if you put anything technical on your resume/application, you're going Sales after a few weeks. When I was working, two girls who are in their early 20's and going to school have been Merchandisers for about a year now. Another girl got lucky and went to Service even though she did not have an A+, but have been building and tinkering with PCs for several years.
    •  
      CommentAuthorGuest 6385
    • CommentTimeMay 4th 2012
    i know about the girls youre referring too. they only got to stay merchandiser cus theyre cute girls and probably did some 'favors'.
  4.  permalink
    I started as a merchandiser but got myself transferred to Service as soon as I got my A+. The more I read this forum the more I see that I made the right choice and at this point I am deciding weather or not to go to the home office part of the service department.