Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCanon
    • CommentTimeMay 7th 2012
    Butch (the Store Manager) at the Campbell store is a total jack off! Has anyone else had an encounter with this incompetent a-hole? The guy doesn't even know how to run a store.  

He is always confused and mumbles like a nincompoop. :face-monkey:  

Who else has had an encounter with this fat fool?
  1. Other Topics You Might Like
    Is Campbell store closing?
    Thieves swipe $167,000 in Apple products from Fry's Electronics in Campbell
    Campbell Police Release Surveillance Video From Fry's Heist
    Coming soon to a Fry's store near you....Paycuts for department supervisors!!!
    [Store 27] Politics in Store 27
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeMay 8th 2012
  2.  permalink
    I quit the awhile ago while he was ASM at Campbell, and pretty new to the store.

He was pretty helpless in any given situation. Come to him with a problem, he'll pull out his phone to start a text or email to portray that he has something else more important and give you no attention. ZERO eye contact which is absolutely unprofessional in any environment. Then he will mutter something to push the issue to someone else, and while pretty much still looking down at his phone just walk away. WTF? What exactly do you do here!?

In short, the guy is a joke and I wouldn't trust him to run a hot-dog stand.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeJun 8th 2012
  3.  permalink
    @Canon lol at calling him a fat fool. agreed. I've never asked him a question, though, since I never needed to. but I do agree that he's as slippery as you make him out to be, never making eye contact and ignoring you. Since my interview with him, I've had one encounter with him. Which is for being late to work too many times. The worst thing he's ever told me was "well, then maybe you should quit [this job at frys]". Okay. Your *kind* suggestion is duly noted. Well, maybe I should quit. I hate working at frys.  

tbh tho, butch is the least of fry's worries. some of the department heads are horrendous. I actually think don is quite OK as a manager and person, but.....the other dept heads and sups. MK for example. You MUST have heard of him, right? he gets into arguments with so many fucking people in the store. I hate him, CSA's hate him, and I won't name names. jorge must like him tho (the computers department head). I find jorge just as incompetent as butch, if not more. I go to the warehouse to restock items on my shifts. you know who I see on the phone, talking to god-knows-who? jorge. 1 hr later I come back for more. he's still there, yapping away on his cell. Another hr. HE'S STILL THERE?!?!? Is he even doing his job? I catch words of his conversation, and it sure as hell sounds like he's talking with his girlfriend or something. The next day or the day after, same thing, on the phone for hours at a time at the back of the warehouse. ....What is going on at frys?
  4.  permalink
    @ pineapple

you must be new. enjoy the shitty ride :)
  5.  permalink
    Thank you for the warm welcome! haha
  6.  permalink
    I'm glad I don't work at the Campbell store. Sounds like you guys have some shitty problems with management.
  7.  permalink
    He came to Fremont store and have put all the new unrealistic goals to accomplish . He has started giving write up for not fulfilling the goals which is such a scam. He wants you to sell as many PCI , you can to make money and help customer at the same time . Wow .
  8.  permalink
    Unrealistic goals help nobody. Especially at a shitty retail store.

Butch is retarded.
  9.  permalink
    Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Butch mess up setting the alarm in the Campbell store one night? This made it easy for thieves to steal 150k worth of stuff if I remember right.
    •  
      CommentAuthorJosh
    • CommentTimeApr 14th 2015
    Guest: Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Butch mess up setting the alarm in the Campbell store one night? This made it easy for thieves to steal 150k worth of stuff if I remember right.

There are a lot of interesting stories about Butch. I have never worked (directly) with him, and I left Fremont far before his arrival. I was very surprised to hear about the management being shifted around, but the recent activity suggested that "something" was going to happen.
    •  
      CommentAuthorGuest 4541
    • CommentTimeApr 15th 2015
    He does not look professional. All he cares about is company making money even if it mean associates lieing to the poor customers. Unrealistic goals with no motivation and support from him. How would you satisfy a customer when he has put goal on you to fraud customers. That's why it will close soon . They want cashier to clean the restroom in a dress up clothes , such a shame on Manager. You want us to dress good to clean restroom , what a joke . Also the manager want us to take shit from customers to increase the store revenue. Employees will be coming and leaving which will drown the company soon. Managers are suppose to leaders not jerks
    •  
      CommentAuthorGuest 4541
    If Employees are so unhappy then how unhappy customers will be. This place need Union leader. Goals are motivational not which makes you depress.
    •  
      CommentAuthorGuest 4541
    Jonathan is also not good candiate for assistant manager as he couldn't keep his department service in control then how is he going to run the store. He is partial guy who instead of being fair take people side in favourism .
  10.  permalink
    Thanks for the triple post you FOB.
  11.  permalink
    I worked with Butch for a while, he is easy to deal with. Straighten your spine, be nice yet firm and NEVER yield. When I was IS tech he signed whatever I put in front of him with minimal resistance 99% of the time. He fought me on making me go to morning cheer... I won and never went again. He didn't even try to fight me leaving the store for corporate, he knew he wouldn't get anywhere.

Dealing with the majority of Fry's store managers is simple as long as you are smarter than they are and know how to be firm without being obviously rude.
  12.  permalink
    A true leadership comes from managing team. If people are being bosses then it is a bad Managment which Frys has. It seems that Frys will go down. They can't even afford a cleaner for a day and department manager or store manager is always standing at return.
    •  
      CommentAuthorGuest 5824
    • CommentTimeJan 16th 2016
    That fat sack of crap was so worthless. He lived at the store and wamted others to be miserable too. Making managers stay to walk stupid reports and trying to act busy when people confronted him with a problem. Freaking waste of a position. Butch is more worthless than trash in the street. Collecting paycheck mofo.
  13.  permalink
    Just as worse was Cornelius Gibson, one of the former SM's for awhile. Heard he got stealing or something similar and got fired not that long ago.

After his fantastic 20+ year career wasting run at Fry's, that fool is now at Best Buy, lol. Maybe in another 20 he can be SM there too. :)
  14.  permalink
    Who is the Store manager in Campbell now? How is he compared to Butch and Corn?