Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFrenchyFry
    • CommentTimeMay 11th 2012 edited
    (NEWS VIDEO ON LINK AT BOTTOM OF POST)  
    Pam Stevens knew it wasn’t right, but she wanted her problem fixed, she said.  

After months of repairs on her new computer at Fry’s Electronics, she said Fry’s wouldn’t tell her when she could get her computer back. She complained to the California Attorney General’s office.  

She said that’s when Fry’s made her a deal: Tell the attorney her problem was fixed, and the company would give her a new computer.  

When she said the company didn’t follow through, it was time to Call Kurtis.  

“I find it very frustrating,” Stevens said, sitting next to the empty box for her $1249.99 computer. “It’s disgraceful, it’s a shame!”  

It’s been repair after repair, for the better part of six months, Stevens said.  

Finally fed up using her roommate’s computer, she got the state attorney general to look into it.  

That’s when Fry’s offered her a newer, better computer — but only on one condition, she said.  

“That I contact the state attorney general to let them know that this case has been resolved,” Stevens said.  

She alerted the AG’s office — but said Fry’s didn’t come through with its promise, offering her a computer without the Blu-ray player her first computer had.  

But should companies even be making deals like this?  

“To me that stinks,” said consumer attorney Eric Ratinoff of Sacramento’s Kershaw, Cutter & Ratinoff.  

Asking the customer to remove her complaint to resolve the issue is not illegal, Ratinoff said, but is unethical.  

“They knew how to reach out to her,” he said. “They knew how to rectify that situation immediately, and they didn’t do it.”  

After CBS13 contacted Fry’s, the company agreed to give Stevens her new, better computer.  

“We originally erred in that we were not aware their unit included a Blu-ray drive,” said Fry’s Community Relations Manager Manuel Valerio in an email. “We certainly apologize to Ms. Stevens … for any confusion and inconvenience.”  

Valerio told CBS13 Fry’s didn’t mean to suggest it would only give her a new computer if she dropped the complaint. He said the company would have given her new one anyway.  

Valerio didn’t explain why the issue wasn’t fixed before CBS13 got involved.  

Stevens got her computer a few days later, she said, but it was not enough to save her relationship with Fry’s.  

“I’m done with Fry’s,” Stevens said.  

The Attorney General’s office tells CBS13 it doesn’t want customers to say issues with companies are resolved before they are.  

It also told CBS13 … just because the consumer said it was resolved doesn’t mean the AG’s office won’t investigate anyway.  

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2012/05/09/call-kurtis-should-you-have-to-remove-your-complaint-before-they-fix-your-problem/
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeMay 11th 2012
    "You know it's a bad day when.....60 Minutes shows up at your front door"
  1.  permalink
    What store was this out of? The video showed the San Diego store but story is based out of Sacremento.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFrenchyFry
    KOVR 13 CBS Sacramento News
  2.  permalink
    Hope they can sell more PSCs after this incident.
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    Guest: Hope they can sell more PSCs after this incident.

Fry's PSC's are worthless
  3.  permalink
    The PSCs can be a crap shoot. I've actually seen some people get swapped out with better products every now and then. The thing is that technology gets better for less so that case is rapidly diminishing. Big screen DLPs use to get into 13k territory at one time. Frys most expensive TV is 6k now.

It is also up to the Manager and the awareness of the consumer. If the consumer isn't knowledgeable enough, Fry's will swap them out with something inferior and less impact to their bottom line.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFrenchyFry
    • CommentTimeMay 12th 2012
    Funny how the salespeople are so quick to tell the customer they get a free loaner. Then the customer comes in and told his product will be in repair for 2 Months, but in their mind they know they will have a loaner to use. Then comes "Well we Need a Credit Card, to get You that Loaner." Yes, I know it is in the contract, but it should be one of those High lighted Lines with the (*) Free Loaner* * WITH MAJOR CREDIT CARD I have yet EVER heard a salesman explain that part.
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeMay 12th 2012
    Friends don't let friends shop at Fry's....
  4.  permalink
    Hardly a unique policy for the credit card thing. Rent-A-Car places like Enterprise do much the same thing for much the same reasons.
  5.  permalink
    "It is also up to the Manager and the awareness of the consumer. If the consumer isn't knowledgeable enough"

This is exactly why I will never purchase anything from here again! Scam artists and annoying biatches. I got a quote for 2 computers for my business. I was told they were on hold in the cage for 3 days. Next day I show up to purchase, they're not on hold, and everyone lies and tells me they're 'out of stock'. Well low and behold by the next morning their stock was replenished when I called to verify. Came in to pick up, got the run around by EVERYONE, oh we can only sell one, even though I have a quote for 2 in my hand? After 2 hours I finally walked out with only one laptop, and a network technician from home office without the supplies needed for his 12 hour trip to flip our VPN.

Then I make the mistake of contacting MARCUS via email to try and address why I was totally lied to and drug through the dirt. Still haven't heard a reply back, delay, stall tactics, bait and switch. The worst of it all is I was suckered into a NORTON 2012 for $79.99, "whatever I'll just send in the $50 rebate, just stfu already". All the paperwork you get with the rebate says expires 6/30/12. Well low and behold, when you print the OTHER form they tell you in tiny print to also print out and fill out, THERE it says the offer expires 30 days after purchase.

"IF THE CONSUMER ISN'T KNOWLEDGEABLE ENOUGH".... Fry's, there are no expletives worthy of capturing your rotten human funk. If anyone has any contact info for someone who gives a rat's behind about the customer service of their company, please let me know asap at p r e a c h e r t (at) g m a i l . c o m

Do you realize I purchase for multiple businesses?? I have never been treated with such disrespect as I was at Fry's Electronics!
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2012 edited
    Guest: The worst of it all is I was suckered into a NORTON 2012 for $79.99, "whatever I'll just send in the $50 rebate, just stfu already".

Sorry, but....only a fool gets suckered into buying anything Norton. Almost all IT folks avoid Norton anything in the workplace.  

Guest: Do you realize I purchase for multiple businesses??

Why aren't you working with someplace like CDW that has separate business units that deal specifically with business IT needs?
  6.  permalink
    I went through this same deal of employees hiding stock on some items. The GTX 680 video card was being hoarded a month ago and sold on ebay for quite a bit more. Told it was out of stock when the POS said they had three of them. I purchased it online from my phone a little later and the call center person sets it aside obliviously and I was able to buy it at the counter.