Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthoryeahyeah
    • CommentTimeMay 14th 2012
  1.  permalink
    Our store was trying to compete with the Texas with a 66% Monster attach rate. If we didn't accomplish our goal, there was a mandatory/unpaid meeting to keep us in line. Associates were forfeiting commissions on sales because it would screw up their attach rate when the quarter was nearing an end.

All this so the SM could get a nice bonus from Monster.
    •  
      CommentAuthoryeahyeah
    • CommentTimeMay 14th 2012
    I was in the Texas market before I quit. We would lie, bundle, make signs that included every thing and that was how it was sold or you could go to BB and spend more money. And the sad party was after a few weeks of us doing that BB started doing the same thing.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgobo760
    • CommentTimeMay 19th 2012
    lol, I always laugh at people talking about monster HDMI cables, it's a digital signal!!! The 1's and 0's going through a monster cable come out in the exact same order as any other HDMI cable. What, you think the 0's are written extra round or something?
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeMay 19th 2012
    gobo760: lol, I always laugh at people talking about monster HDMI cables, it's a digital signal!!! The 1's and 0's going through a monster cable come out in the exact same order as any other HDMI cable. What, you think the 0's are written extra round or something?

The only problem i see is if the bits get out of order or one bit goes bad.
  2.  permalink
    There was actually an objective measurable HDMI test where they lined up all the cheap to expensive ones for throughput tests. Every HDMI cable at 3 feet past the most highest throughput test, but then differentiation started deciphering at 10 feet. Only the monster HD1000 and a tiny few other expensive cables fared well at that length. Not trying to plug Monster but HDMI quality does matter when stretching to longer lengths, especially with in-wall installations.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeMay 20th 2012
    The standards are pretty bad. Instead of having a bluray player decompress 36mbps per second to 5gbps uncompressed over a cable they could have just used a network cable to transmit compressed video data from disk to the TV and let the TV decompress and display content. All TVs have the codecs to decompress free over the air HDTV/MPEG streams.