Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgreencard
    • CommentTimeDec 5th 2007
    Just so you know we are commision sales people and when you come into the store to just waste our time or ask for technical support we hate it. Its okay to ask a quick question but when you want like a whole rundown on how to do something or personal advice we don't really have time... We have quotas and numbers we need to meet or else Fry's will fire us. So next time you think a employee is trying to hurry you up is proberly because your wasting his time or you being stupid or want tech support. If you ever noticed thats why people like Mohamed at the San Diego Fry's never gives out tech support and splits sales with other sales people he weeds out the stupid customer who don't but the right stuff to move on to other customers who are being better things with warranties. This is also why Mohamed never helps with things like projectors and printers etc because he is a "Cherry Picker" in the computer dept. The internet is great resource to learn and understand things so you don't look like an idiot wasting our time. The moral of the story we need to make money to survive at Fry's, they will fire us plus we have bills and family's to take care of.
  1.  permalink
    Actually I see Mohamed sell printers and projectors all the time. He's extremely helpful. He just does alot of quotes. I can't blame him for wanting to make money.  

And it's not the computer sales guy to lend tech support. That's why there is a service department.
    •  
      CommentAuthorhoward
    • CommentTimeDec 5th 2007
    you should ask the majority of computer salesmen that question. More likely you will get a yes he is a cherry picker.Howard Dean for America '08
    •  
      CommentAuthorflea
    • CommentTimeDec 7th 2007
    Sales are down this year we been getting alot of window shoppers and the "Just Looking Type"Fry's is corrupt I am here to talk about it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    • CommentTimeDec 9th 2007
    Though you know time is running out to make those purchases for Christmas.i am a worm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorm_tux
    • CommentTimeDec 21st 2007
    of course he doesn't help with projectors or printers... who does? idiots.  

a) projectors - low pay - lot of time - most likely to be returned after business presentation  

b) printers - low pay - lots more questions.  

but as for tech support.. ugh.. i can't stand those.. especially ones who are buying a computer from another salesperson.. ask them.. he doesn't know? then come see me and buy it from me, and then i'll help you..  

or you bought a Dell? I'm sorry but you have to talk to Dell about that...but then it's always "but you should know the answer.." yes I problaly actually do, I just don't have the time to answer it.. if it's dead I will but if it's busy forget about it. but I dont understand why people will goto a salesperson for tech support when they can easily say. "oh my.. that can be an expensive fix.. here let me show you this newest, greatest computer." People can be stupid at times.. myself included..  

but well to end thispost... the worst ones always start off with.. "I have a quick question..." those always tend to end up with the longest answers.. and raise even more questions.. that require longer answersI'm crushing your head... You flathead!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeDec 21st 2007
    If you bought a dell you deserve to have a dell.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSevenup
    • CommentTimeMar 11th 2008
    If you are TOO nice to the customers, they feel comfortable with you and cotinue asking more questions.  

And if they want tech support, I NEVER give it to them. A quick question is okay but I wont tell them how to build a computer. I went to school and payed for my knowledge, I am not going to give it away for free.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeMar 11th 2008 edited
    You "payed" someone to teach you how to build a computer?
    •  
      CommentAuthorPunkzilla
    • CommentTimeMar 11th 2008
    Loser. :face-devil-grin:I shit trains, Now what?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeMar 15th 2008
    Punkzilla:Loser. :face-devil-grin:
    Superhero!