Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorneverfix
    • CommentTimeMay 30th 2012
    Hi,  
    I apologize before hand if this is not the place to post this type of request.  

If you're a verified member of the Intel Retail Edge program at the Producer level you can get the Intel 3930k CPU for $194 starting on May 31st. The deal may last 1-3 weeks; depending on supplies. If you're a Frys employee in San Diego and can buy it for me I'm willing to pay $194 + tax + shipping and $75 to compensate for your time.  

If you're not a verified member you can sign up at https://retailedge.intel.com. You would need to fax them your pay stub to verify your employment. If you have a Frys email address you might not need to fax them your stub so the verification would be faster. I'm not sure. You'll know when you go through the sign up process. You'll also need to go through the trainings to get 10000 chips get to the Producer level. I heard the training is easy, but could take a couple of days. I can do the training if you're not up to it, but the compensation would probably be lower.  

PM me if you're interested or have questions. Thanks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrysemployee
    • CommentTimeMay 30th 2012 edited
    Haha, look at this guy.  

If a Fry's employee is going to do something as shady as that, might as well sell the CPU at near market rate and make more money then you are offering.  

EDIT: If anyone does not know the Intel Core i7 3930k retails for almost $600. Makes this guys offer sound real sweat, huh? By the way, don't resell intel retail edge promotions, use them yourself. If you don't need a new chip then don't order one and leave the supply for people who actually want to use the CPU. Also, do NOT sell to a random stranger like this, might as well use ebay or sell it on Amazon marketplace and make WAY more money and have some seller protection.
  1.  permalink
    I have a car to wash, and a lawn to mow if you need a motherboard to go with that chip.
    •  
      CommentAuthorneverfix
    • CommentTimeMay 30th 2012
    Oh rats, how did you find out I was a shady character? I knew I shouldn't have worn a ski cap, dark sunglasses, and an overcoat when I made the post.  

I'm not sure why you're saying it's "shady". I'm not asking people to deal drugs, push Monster cables, or even sell returned merchandise as new. It's not "shady" for people to buy stuff using their employee discount and then selling it...hopefully for a profit. It's capitalism and it's the American way. Do you hate freedom and apple pie too? If people want to buy and then sell it on Ebay, Craigslist, etc that's fine. I wasn't trying to fool anyone. Maybe you thought I was hoping you guys and gals don't know about Google, Bing, or all the other search engines. Come on.  

It retails for $499 at Microcenter:  
    http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0376493  

But it's unlikely you can sell it close to market price. Think about it. If you buy this cpu on Ebay, Craigslist, etc it doesn't come with Intel 3 years warranty. The warranty does not transfer so the buyer has to take that into account when he/she is buying from a private seller. How many people will pay close to retail price($499) for a cpu that they can't return AND doesn't come with the manufacturer warranty? I'm sure there will be some, but not many. You also have to give Ebay and PayPal their cut of the selling price. Or Amazon if you go through them. There's no  
    guarantee that people willl be able to get a higher price if they sold this on Ebay or Amazon, but I agree that the chances are good.  

This cpu is geared towards a small segment of people that want or need the performance. It's overkill for most people. You would need to get a LGA2011 motherboard(over $200) to use this cpu. From the discussions around the net it sounds like most employees from retailers like Frys, Best Buy, Walmart, Sears, etc will probably buy it to sell. Once all these people start flooding Ebay with this cpu the price will fall. Look what's currently happening with the Canon Pro 9000 printer on Ebay and Craigslist. Too many people selling it so the going price is less than $200. Not enough demand.  
    http://www.frys.com/product/5929244 - $500 retail, $300 after rebate  
    http://www.amazon.com/Canon-Pro9000-Inkjet-Printer-3295B002/dp/B001R4BTIA - 400 retail, $200 after rebate  

Seller protection? I don't know if you had any first had experience with Ebay's seller protection, but it doesn't seem all that great:  
    http://forums.ebay.com/db1/topic/Building-An-Ebay/Seller-Protection-Lol/5200059709  
    http://reviews.ebay.com/SELLER-WARNING-PayPal-apos-s-USELESS-quot-Seller-Protection-quot?ugid=10000000011515179  

You said, "...do NOT sell to a random stranger..." I don't understand your logic. When you sell on Ebay, Amazon, or Craigslist do you always know the person you're selling to? I'm willing to bet that 99.9% of the transactions that occur on those sites are between strangers.  

If anybody is interested PM me. I'm willing to put down a deposit to reduce your risk so if I backed out you keep the deposit.
  2.  permalink
    Sounds like this guy wants the cpu really bad, and knows a lot more about it than the average customer. Rolls eyes.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeMay 31st 2012 edited
    I would not mind buying this CPU from a Frys employee as well. You can overclock it to 5GHz.
  3.  permalink
    neverfix:  
    I'm not sure why you're saying it's "shady". I'm not asking people to deal drugs, push Monster cables, or even sell returned merchandise as new. It's not "shady" for people to buy stuff using their employee discount and then selling it...hopefully for a profit. It's capitalism and it's the American way. Do you hate freedom and apple pie too? If people want to buy and then sell it on Ebay, Craigslist, etc that's fine. I wasn't trying to fool anyone. Maybe you thought I was hoping you guys and gals don't know about Google, Bing, or all the other search engines. Come on.  

It is against the Intel retail edge terms of service to purchase a discounted CPU and resell it. No need for me to point out flaws in the rest of your ramblings since we are debating over something now allowed. Retail employees should realize that shit like this will be the downfall of great deals that companies like Intel offer. They may not take it away but I can see them increasing prices or creating more restrictions if more are bought just to be turned around and resold for profit.
  4.  permalink
    Looks like people are starting to sell it on ebay. It's under $500 with free shipping. May drop more in 1-2 weeks when more are for sale. Don't know why anybody would drop that much a chip. Just get the 2500k and overclock it.
  5.  permalink
    Still selling for close to $490 on ebay. A nice profit for anybody who wants to buy from intel and sell it. Better than f'ing over customers to make bucks for Randy.
  6.  permalink
    Damn, lots of people selling this sucker on ebay and craigslist. Lots of retail workers trying to sell this. Lots of shady reason for selling. Come on, one dude said his gf gave it to him for his birthday. Yeah, right.
  7.  permalink
    This guy must be very desperate. A simple check on eBay shows the lowest price ever sold was $350 and lowest on craigslist is $420. PLUS it's ranked #4 best seller on Google for this category and #11 on Amazon sales rank. So not sure where this guy gets his "lack of demand" information.

If you can't afford it, don't buy it. Retail Edge items DOES NOT have transferable warranty. I called Intel and verified that myself. So guess what, suckers who pay $500 on eBay for this is out of luck if the item is defective - $500 goes into the dump. Since Intel has a record of each processor being sold under this program, it knows exactly who bought it.
  8.  permalink
    To be fair, who has ever called in for any kind of warranty service on an Intel CPU? In the years I worked as a Fry's service tech we never had 1 cpu replaced due to being bad or defective. The chances are so low I bet its more likely to die in a plane crash then to have a CPU go bad on you or get one dead in a box.