Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorJaegur
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2012
    Hullo! First off, I'm not sure if I put this in the right category or not, so if I didn't, I apologize.  

So, my question is this:  

I bought a Sony A580 last year from Fry's, and purchased the extended warranty bit. What if, a year later, I'm not happy with its performance and am kicking myself in the ass for purchasing it? With the extended warranty, if I take it back and claim it's not performing as it should and I would just rather take another camera of the same general price range, what's the likelihood of this happening? Or will they just give me another Sony of the same model and bid me good day?  

I only ask because I had a situation somewhat like this with Bestbuy. Bought a GPS with the 2-3 year extended warranty, decided to return it a year or so later for basically an upgrade, as they let me pick out another GPS in that same price range.
  1. Other Topics You Might Like
    Extended Warranty- Can I get check for replacement
    Extended Warranty on open items/display item
    Fry's Extended Warranty Process - 62" DLP HDTV
    Frys Extended Warranty Repair/Replacement - we got nothing from it!!!
    "You Really Need This Extended Warranty on Your Laptop", "I have Bills to Pay!"
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeJun 8th 2012
    You basically have "buyers remorse". There's a huge difference between "not happy with its performance" and "not performing as it should". Fry's won't just give you a new camera. Their warranty isn't the same as Best Buy's.  

If you don't like the camera, sell it on EBay and get a real DSLR (Canon or Nikon) and get it from a reputable camera dealer.  

"Friends don't let friends buy anything from Fry's"
  2.  permalink
    Your warranty is only for repairs. The only reasons they will give you a new or like new or replacement camera of any kind is the following:  

1. The repair requires parts that are unavailable  
    2. The repair costs more than just giving you a new one.  
    3. The same part broke 4 times.  

Your situation does not fit into any of those because upon checkin they will try and reproduce your problem and because you don't have a real problem they either will not check it in for service (doesn't need service) or if you huff and puff saying something is wrong they will check it in. Then if we do send it out, it will probably just come back with nothing done to it since, well, nothing was broken.
  3.  permalink
    Simple... SHORT IT OUT !!!
  4.  permalink
    Lol, thanks all. I'll just live with it then.
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeJun 8th 2012
    Guest 14359: Simple... SHORT IT OUT !!!

Wow...that's brilliant (not really). To do that, you'd have to open up the camera without showing any evidence you did.  

Please....don't reproduce.
  5.  permalink
    Make it even Simpler... If the lens moves outwards, Hold it down while it is trying to extend... Very easy to make something defective.... A better idea ! Have Fry's SHIP IT OUT TO REPAIR... When it comes back you will have plenty of things wrong with it to complain about.
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeJun 9th 2012
    Guest 14359: If the lens moves outwards, Hold it down while it is trying to extend...

Yeah...do that. Then Fry's can decline the repair/trade due to abuse. What a genius...