Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthordiogenes
    • CommentTimeJun 16th 2012
    I was looking for a blu-ray burner in the San Diego store this afternoon and noticed that some models were tagged with a 15% restocking fee. Seemed pretty random...LG, restocking fee,. Asus, no restocking fee. Pioneer, no fee... I've always thought one of the advantages of Fry's is their return policy, but with a restocking fee I might as well deal with Newegg and ship the item back if I don't want it. The 15 day return period is also BS, but that's another post.  
    Is the restocking fee just a random occurrence, or the wave of the future?
  1. Other Topics You Might Like
    Fry's should have restocking fees on Laptops & Projectors!
    Fry's Return Policy/Restocking Fees
    Restocking fee on routers?
    Credit Card companies to charge extra fees for people who pay in full
  2.  permalink
    Yeah, that's what get's you. I find it hilarious that when I use to work at San Diego is that there is always a line for returns. Why buy it when you know you're going to return it?
  3.  permalink
    If you are bring it back in a like-new and complete condition, they cannot charge you a restocking fee on those; the only thing those got is 15 return period and even then it's only because it is vaguely tied in with "CD & DVD recorder"

http://www.frys.com/template/help/index/FE30/Service3/Assistance/Left_Topics/A6ReturningPurchases

1. For a refund or exchange, most products may be returned within 30 days of original purchase date. Some other products, such as notebooks, netbooks, tablets and iPads, desktop computers, monitors, MP3 players and iPods, memory, microprocessors, motherboards, internal/external hard drives, network-attached storage, [u]CD and DVD recorders[/u]
    , camcorders, cameras, projectors, postpaid wireless devices (monthly contract), and air conditioners (IF UNUSED) may be returned within 15 days of original purchase date. See store management for specific information.

Going through the rest of it, does not appear to be any restocking fee in their policies. An associate receiving those into the store must be making a mistake putting all those stickers on those. Here is a list of items that DO have a restocking fee:
    10. Unless defective, a 15% restocking fee will be charged for all returned opened GPS/Navigation units, network-attached storage, projectors, cameras, camcorders, notebooks, netbooks, tablets and iPads, desktops, monitors, MP3 players and iPods, and Apple TVs. 11. Physical damage to motherboards or remote control aircraft being returned voids any return / exchange privileges.
    17. Unless defective, a 15% restocking fee will be charged for all returned opened unlocked wireless phones.

Whoever is pulling this crap on customers, the PIC is going to look like an idiot when the customer challenges him or her - and it would be worse if they opened a COR; Probably not confrontation if you ask for a full refund especially if you are going to send an email to corporate office. I bet you anything they put those stickers on to scare the customer from even trying to purchase or return it in the first place, which is sad because it's a retail store.
    •  
      CommentAuthorskullywag
    • CommentTimeJun 19th 2012
    Guest: 10. Unless defective, a 15% restocking fee will be charged for all returned opened GPS/Navigation units, network-attached storage, projectors, cameras, camcorders, notebooks, netbooks, tablets and iPads, desktops, monitors, MP3 players and iPods, and Apple TVs.

Kinda BS seeing the new trend in packaging these days. When shopping for a Blu-ray player the other week, I noticed 80% of units I saw in stores had photos of front of unit only on the box with incomplete listing of all connections (I needed one with optical audio output). They just do not put as much info on boxes these days as they used to. Although I went back home, researched, (found one with optical) and bought online.... I can see many cases where opening the box is a MUST to see if said item will work for you. It's quite laughable that a store like Frys would charge a "restocking fee" for select items, when half the crap on their shelves are items that have been returned.
Add your comments