Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRobbie7
    • CommentTimeJul 10th 2012
    They said be there by 12 Monday and all week 12-7 will be training. So I get there at 1130. And when 12:10 rolls around they go oh yah Robert we don't have a nametag for you and your not yet in the system. So I can't start orientation til NEXT MONDAY. so I'm out of a job for an entire week since I put in my 2 weeks and quit my old job. They didn't call me or anything to let me know this. But yet they received my drug test and I passed.  

Can I get paid for this week since they told me to work 12-7 all week and then now I'm not working? Frys is a joke and I haven't even started yet.
  1.  permalink
    Wow. You quit a job to work at frys? What is wrong with you?
    •  
      CommentAuthort0rrent
    Nope, your hosed. All you can do is sit and wait. I'd recommend taking this time to find another job. This is just one of the many ways Frys will attempt to bend you over.
  2.  permalink
    Get ready for many more bend overs.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRobbie7
    I shoulda looked into frys before I got hired there. Not one person I know has said its a good job.  

But I use to work at vons grocery store and make 7.25. That's why I quit for frys
  3.  permalink
    Congratulations, you will be making $8.00 hr and suffer humiliation in many forms. You are not very important to them, as you have seen. Wait until Thanksgiving rolls around and you are required to work 16-18 hrs straight with no overtime.
    I have worked at Frys almost 3 years and it just keeps going downhill. I am surprised they haven't be closed down by the Attorney General. They are low life scumbags.

Vons would be a step up from Frys. Doesn't Vons give you benefits from the Grocery workers union? You'ld be better of starting at Costco for $9-10 hr.
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    You might want to contact the state labor relations board. If they made you an offer for employment and you accepted it, and were advised orally of a start date, then I believe they should be paying you. Just because they screwed up, doesn't mean you should be penalized.  

That said, see if you can get your old job back. You don't want to be sucked into the vortex called Fry's.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCinnabon
    • CommentTimeJul 11th 2012
    It's really not that bad. The start date issue could have been a mistake on their part... or bending you over like the others are talking about, but I'd like to give them the benefit of a doubt. You get $8 or whatever an hour and (eventually) some sort of benefits plan, plus an hour-long lunch. Depending what department you're in and whenever you move up the ladder, you'll likely make a lot more. I was making around $20/hr when I worked in service there a long, long time ago.
  4.  permalink
    Yes, Up the Ladder you will climb. Then the ladder will begin to get shifty and the further upward you go, the steps will begin to crumble beneath you. Next thing you know you are hanging on as to not fall, but the last thing you remember is the person holding the ladder just shoved it sideways and DOWN you go...