Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbystander9
    • CommentTimeJul 17th 2012
    i've been browsing these forums for about a week.  

from all assortments of topics and comments that i've been given the fortune to peruse, i find most of your words equal in parts hilarious and horrifying. i'm in constant shock with the amount of people who are currently or previously have been employed at fry's, who speak nothing but ill of not just your employer (because regardless of your position and place of employment, bossbashing can often be the most generally accepted form of social engagement), but also of everything you can possibly think of that carries the very concept of "fry's." while i understand it can be difficult to break the vicious cycle of group-think, i think there's a difference between hating your workplace and hating everyone and everything where you work. from many of the posts i've read on these boards, i’ve been led to believe that employees gravitate toward the latter.  

across these boards, i've read the most superlative and seriously questionable (though admittedly entertaining) "horror stories" from customers and ex-employees alike that range anything from a feeling of being "groped" by sales associates, to being "ripped-off" by fry’s when almost all anecdotal evidence provided by the customer in his/her posts point to the more-than-likely possibility that he/she pretty much mishandled the product, then proceeded to suffer through a serious case of self-derived buyer's remorse.  

some complaints toward the sanitation of the stores should also be reevaluated. i don't really know case-by-case how each location looks or smells, but the couple of fry's that i've been to have been nothing short of whatever sanitation standards your ordinary consumer would impose on other big-box stores like costco. it's a large warehouse-structured electronics store that carries far more products than the likes of best buy or radioshack, so i really don't expect them to have 5-star hotel carpeting or chandelier ambient lighting. i would hope most shoppers go to fry’s for the products and prices, and not to examine, scrutinize or worse - "chill" and "relax" to the ambience. is there really nowhere else to go to take joy in its ambience than an electronics store where you live? i really don't give a shit about what lighting and platform the speakers i want are being displayed with, so long as the speakers look and perform well when it's in my house. am i in the minority here?  

my personal experience with fry’s, believe it or not, has been almost entirely positive. granted, i'm not the type of person to walk into a store expecting some paycheck-to-paycheck salesperson to hold my hand through every step of my personal search>decide>buy process...but when i do have an honest question about the product i'm holding in my hands on the way to checkout, the workers i've asked have always been at the very least courteous, if not always entirely knowledgeable. the thing is, the few times when an associate draws a blank in the face of my inquiry, they’d then take me to someone else who can (or might be able to) help. i've never once had an associate try to sell me something that they can't answer my questions to -- frankly, if i can even recall someone trying to sell me anything at all during my many, many trips to fry's. am i just that lucky? i seriously doubt it.  

to those of you who do nothing but antagonize fry’s employees because whatever amount they're making and their job description doesn't quite match up to your self-inflated standard of living: live and let live. if you already know how much pressure the employees are working under, particularly the sales associates, then why harass them further or talk down to them? does hurting someone else who might be struggling to make a living just so you can have your ego-trip really make you feel better about your life and who you are at the end of the day?  

TL;DR: don’t like the store? hate everything about fry’s? stay away, no need to insult the intelligence and integrity of everyone/anyone that has any ties to fry’s. :)
  1. Other Topics You Might Like
    How frugally do most associates live?
    Deliveries
    live fry's
    I live in Michigan, and I bought my laptop at a frys in Phoenix,AZ. But?
    Service Dept. acquiring Delivery Team
    •  
      CommentAuthorPunkzilla
    A very well written post. Thumbs up sir.I shit trains, Now what?
    •  
      CommentAuthorFrenchyFry
    Post says 8 hours ago.  
    Sounds more like it was written 8 Years ago.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbystander9
    • CommentTimeJul 18th 2012
    ive been browsing this past week due to the fact that a friend of mine has recently come under employment at frys. out of sheer curiosity, i wanted to find out how his work environment is going to be like. i really wouldnt spend time doing this at home, and ive been able to read through quite a bit of these forums during work when im not busy doing something else. soallow my assurance that i didnt spend much time writing what amounts to simple observations and personal opinion alleviate your cynicism about the nature of my post :)
  2.  permalink
    English as a second language?
    •  
      CommentAuthorbystander9
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2012
    haha no, i don't understand why my office computer turns apostrophes into unintelligible symbols randomly when i post on these forums.