Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
  1.  permalink
    So I don't know if other Frys do this but in Customer Service when they are about to fire someone they deny them a register and make them vanna and do other duties all day for about a week then they fire them. In the 6 months I was working here this happened in the timespan of a month to 3 cashiers where they were short more than 50$. The first held out then was fired and the other 2 quit in the middle of a shift since they knew what would happen. Now yesterday I was short 100$. I have no clue how that happened. The only big return I had to do was a 400$ one and I made sure to count that one 3 times over. Last week another cashier was 50$ short as well and he had to do duties all day Saturday. Now I would love to be able to get a good referral for future jobs but if I walk in on my next workday Wednesday and I have to vanna all day I will probably just quit. Honestly I have a suspicion that they just do this to get people out like the computer is purposefully wrong on what I should have. How do 3 cashiers be short in a short amount of time? Now it's happening again and I would rather keep my job. At the very least keep a good referral. This is one of my only jobs and a decent looking one on a resume. I'm not sure whether to contact corporate on a possible scandal with all these shortages or just quit. I'm probably gonna talk to my manager today to try to get a straight answer and quit of there isn't much hope. What should I do?
  2. Other Topics You Might Like
    Got a call for a interview for computer sales position advice needed.
    I'm scared. I need advice on what to do...
    Friendly advice
    Tip Of Advice Management
    Fry's Interview In San Jose This Coming Week..Any Advice?
  3.  permalink
    Do you work at store 15?
  4.  permalink
    No I'll just say I work in the south east.
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeAug 14th 2012
    One of the Houston area stores?
    •  
      CommentAuthorUser96
    • CommentTimeAug 14th 2012 edited
    My advice to you is to quit stealing :face-plain:  

Or is it possible someone has been using the 3 registers without you knowing and shorting it?
  5.  permalink
    I don't steal. I'm in a store in Georgia. Can I get some real advice? I feel like I'm talking to my soon to be former sups now.
  6.  permalink
    They are only allowed to give the length of time you were employed and salary history if someone calls to do a background check, nothing else. They can give a yes or no if asked if they would rehire you, nothing else. Anything else would leave them open for legal action. Congratulations, you worked at Frys and survived! Time to move on to something else, somewhere employees are treated better.
    At my last job they would short your drawer 3 times if they wanted to get rid of you.
    Good luck
    •  
      CommentAuthorUser96
    • CommentTimeAug 14th 2012 edited
    Is it possible someone else used your register while you were on break?
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    Be up front with your supervisor(s) and let them know you don't know what happened. Ask them for advice/recommendations/counseling as to how to avoid this problem in the future.  

Also, if they do fire you, I wouldn't worry about potential future employers contacting Fry's as a reference. Fry's reputation for churning through employees is well known, and they aren't at all respected as an employer.
  7.  permalink
    Well thanks for the comments or the 2 that were useful. I talked briefly with my DM and he said they were still going through my paperwork and videos in LP and Audit. He said only in extreme circumstances would they let this pass so I might pass by again later today and just tell them I resign. Glad to know they can't tell employers they think I stole 100 dollars.  
    Also no, no one has access to my register and I don't steal.
    •  
      CommentAuthorUser96
    But are you good at math? :face-plain:
  8.  permalink
    I was a cashier for 5 years and you have to be completely retarded to be over or under $100. If you can't handle the responsibility than go work at mcdonalds or another fast food joint. Just quit or wait to be fired so you can get unemployment.
  9.  permalink
    The day you were $100 short did a CS sup do a cash pull from you?
    •  
      CommentAuthorUser96
    • CommentTimeAug 15th 2012
    The day you were short $100, did you buy 100 tacos? :face-plain:
  10.  permalink
    Would the mods please disable User96's account?
  11.  permalink
    Lol this forum might as well be run by Frys.
    •  
      CommentAuthorUser96
    • CommentTimeAug 16th 2012
    Quit talking bad about your workplace.
    •  
      CommentAuthort0rrent
    • CommentTimeAug 17th 2012
    User96: Quit talking bad about your workplace.

A lot of us no longer work there. And hell, where I work at I really can't say anything nice about it. It's a jail. What is nice about a jail? That the barbed wire is sharp?
  12.  permalink
    If you no longer work there, do not talk about fight club...