Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
  1.  permalink
    Hi Everyone,  

I'm new to the forums. Anyways, I've been a merchandiser at Fry's for almost a year now. I'm having some concerns. I'm not getting enough pay. You guys will probably say go find another job! I'm not here to hear about that. I want to know your guys opinion about this. Why is it that merchandisers don't get raises or anything? We are the ones doing most of the work in the whole store. We don't even get some form of commission! Even cashiers get commission! They don't have to run around the store like us! That's bull. They get commission and we don't. They said for every $1000 they ring up, they get $1.50 added to their paycheck. Why can't merchandisers have some kind of raise or commision? I want to let you guys know about this and your opinions.
  2. Other Topics You Might Like
    Supervisors loosing title and getting swiched to "head merchandiser"
    No more merchandisers? Overstaffed sales floor now.
    Recently employeed as a Merchandiser
    Can you go from Sales to Merchandiser easily.
    Frys supposedly retroactively adjusting pay for hours worked
    •  
      CommentAuthorUser96
    • CommentTimeAug 20th 2012
    How much do you make an hour + bonuses?
  3.  permalink
    after three months you should be able to take a test and get certified to get a dollar raise
    •  
      CommentAuthorGuest 9278
    • CommentTimeAug 21st 2012
    Get another job.

Seriously. Why would you be a merchandiser for one year? Either go to sales or get a new job. And don't say "I don't want to go to sales because I need job stability." You work at Fry's. The only way to make any money there at all is to go to sales. Your only other option is to quit and find another job whether you want to hear it or not.
    •  
      CommentAuthorUser96
    Get better at your job before asking for more money lol.
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    It took you a year to figure out that there's something wrong with Fry's? Hello! McFly! If you think working at Fry's is a "career", quit drinking the KoolAid....
    •  
      CommentAuthort0rrent
    There is no raises at fry's. There are pay cuts though. Get out of the titanic before it sinks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFrenchyFry
    You have a job, you are getting a paycheck. I am sure that there are people out there who may be envious, while they are searching for work.  

Hang in there and more than likely Another Lawsuit will come along that rewards those for all of Fry's incompetence towards their employees.  

I am sure there are people on this site that one way or another received a settlement check (s) for lawsuits that the company was forced to pay, ranging from hundreds to in some cases, thousands of dollars including current employees and those no longer with the company.  

And thanks to this site and to the many posts that have kept people aware of these lawsuits.
  4.  permalink
    Do you know how to fix computers? Ask to be transferred to service.
  5.  permalink
    At least you get hourly. Some of the sales positions pay commission only and no hourly, and they make you do merchandising anyway if it is slow. That means that you could get 0$ hourly and get no sales and STILL have to merchandise, essentially working for Frys for free.
    •  
      CommentAuthorUser96
    Get a job, hobo :face-plain:
    •  
      CommentAuthort0rrent
    • CommentTimeAug 22nd 2012
    User96: Get a job, hobo :face-plain:

coming from the person defending fry's while still not quite hired yet makes this even more amusing. You really are a poor troll.