Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorUser96
    • CommentTimeAug 22nd 2012
    :face-plain:
  1. Other Topics You Might Like
    What supervisor do you hate the most?
    Which kind of customer do you hate the most?
    Why do so many SMs at Frys believe that software is worthless and Frys should get rid of it?
    Why do you hate the cafe?
    Want an iPhone 5 and work at frys? Don't buy it or you will be fired
  2.  permalink
    Store 15: Service DM, Computer DM, ASM, and a few of the Component Sups.
  3.  permalink
    I worked at Store 15 for 5 years. At first it was fun and I had a good DM to work for and after they fired the DM who did everything for the SM and ASM the whole place went down the shitter and we went through3 or 4 other CSDM's one of which fucked a couple of cashiers while his wife was pregnant and he had 4 kids. I then made a mistake of getting some crack whore stripper a job and she fucked and sucked her way into a Sup position when she could barely count. I blame her for getting me fired. She is still banging the store manager and works at Pure Platinum. Frys is a slaving driving work place where you don't get proper brakes and they treat every single one of their employees like absolute shit.
    •  
      CommentAuthort0rrent
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd 2012
    The only person I didn't like at 21 got his dumb ass demoted from Front Checkout DM to a sup at another store when our temporary SM caught him re-adjusting his punches to make it look like he was there for full shifts when he was coming in at lunch time. The irony of that is he fired someone from computers who overslept, came in at lunch and filled out a missed punch audit form himself. I so don't miss Khaliqi. He was the embodiment of all that is wrong with Fry's and his demotion/quitting could not have happened to a worse manager.
  4.  permalink
    Computer DM and SM at store 34. Also the new ASM (former customer service department manager) is a dick too. Fuck them all.
  5.  permalink
    blessillia haili and gloria from las vegas store, they are the bigest b i t ch es on earth and are power hungry
  6.  permalink
    I hate the asshats from corporate that stage their MOPAR raids and disrupt everything possible. Frys could save a ton of cash if they weren't flying these jackasses from store to store to audit every department when they don't have a clue. If you don't trust the people working for you, then you shouldn't have hired them in the first place. What a huge waste of time and resources!
    I am fairly conscientious and try to do my job as best as I can, I don't need some asshole in a cheap suit looking over my shoulder for the afternoon. Get rid of the " we match internet prices" while you're at it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorGuest 7011
    • CommentTimeAug 25th 2012
    Them MOPAR idiots are the rockstars of the Frys world, bow down now!!!
  7.  permalink
    Everyone at store 27 hates the store manager and assistant store manager (Bless Halili and Gloria).

A couple of other idiots and major asses are Rodney Tenedero (components department manager) and Robert Ledell (sup. or manager up front in the returns section).

Robert is just an all-around jerk and snitch. Employees and customers hate him.

Rodney has no business being a manager. He always seems angry or butthurt about things and he takes it out on people in his department. We've even heard that he had a salesman in his department suspended because the salesman corrected his (Rodney's) grammar on some kind of worksheet.

The sups. in the department are always saying things like, "Oh get back to work or make it looks like you're doing something. Rodney is coming.". Rodney and the sups. in that department like to collectively manage by fear.

Many times when go-backs are all done, there are no customers in the department and everyone has done their schematics, we (salesmen and accessory sales) often talk among each other. If Rodney or the supervisors see that, they get angry and tell us to stop standing around. Many times Rodney will even stupidly ask why we're talking. Ok, sure. There are no customers, no go-backs and nothing else to do. So what are we supposed to do? Why not just send us home then instead of getting angry and glaring at us. Sometimes it looks like Rodney's eyes are going to fall out... and we wish they would so he wouldn't be able to work anymore.

Here's an article about management by fear:
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38206989/ns/business-us_business/t/ten-signs-you-work-fear-based-workplace/#.UDnqy6P4SUM

More than a couple of those sound exactly like how things are at our store (store 27).
  8.  permalink
    Wow, sounds exactly like Frys, especially these. I hope Frys upper management reads this and makes some changes if they want to survive as a company. I hope there is a special place in hell for Randy Fry and his inner circle.

4. Numbers rule. Sensible performance goals help people understand what's important. An obsession with metrics, daily, weekly, and hourly, and a world view that says an employee is the sum of his numeric goals, are signs of a fear-based culture. Why? A healthy organization builds performance goals into its leadership framework, but the metrics don't equal the framework. When management views people as complex, creative, multifaceted value producers and considers metrics as just one element of a well-rounded leadership program, you can beat the fear back to a tolerable level.
    5. And rules number in the thousands. Maybe the most stereotypical yet valid sign of a fear-based workplace is an overdependence on policies in place of smart hiring and common sense. These organizations fear their own employees' instinctive reactions to everyday circumstances (the need to book a business trip, order a stapler, or schedule a vacation day), so they install lengthy, tedious policies to keep employees from thinking independently. A need to tout the trust and openness in the organization constantly can be another red flag. As my friend Marla says, "The more an employer drones on and on in the handbook and other employee materials about trust, the less trusting they are."
    6. Management considers lateral communication suspect. My brother worked for a major electronics manufacturer. One day, stopping in the office just before taking off to visit a remote location, he ran into some guys who had just returned from the same facility. "Let's compare notes," said my brother, and five or six team members went into a conference room to confer. Within seconds, a manager burst into the room and demanded, "Who authorized this meeting? None of you guys is at a level to authorize a meeting." Evidently sharing ideas that could benefit the company is only a good thing in this organization if you carry a certain title and salary grade. How idiotic is that? Organizations that don't allow employees to brainstorm with one another are places where fear has made inroads.
    7. Information is hoarded. Closely related to the question "Can employees in my company chat freely?" is the question "How do people find out how things work around here?" If the sole answer is, "Ask your manager," you've got some creepy-crawly fear bugs on your hands. Cultures that allow people to hoard what they know to consolidate their power are cultures where fear has smashed trust under its heel. Likewise, if employees learn about a company layoff through the grapevine or in the newspaper vs. a frank sitdown with their managers and their teams, something is rotten in Denmark, and fear is a silent partner in your management roster.
  9.  permalink
    I am a Vendor for Fry's and the the thing I hate most is that they don't pay for their purchase orders on time. Their terms are net60 and currently they are over 6 months late on payments. So stressful!
    •  
      CommentAuthorFrenchyFry
    • CommentTimeAug 27th 2012
    The first and biggest warning of a Cash Flow Problem, is when a company falls behind on payments to Vendors.  
    Slow Payments = Low Inventories on Popular Items.  
    Vendors will only sell those HOT, Fast moving items to companies that pay on time.  
    The reason you see Pallets of $268 Laptops is because the Manufactures want to be rid of them and willing to give Fry's extended payment terms. In turn Fry's will advertise them aggressively, ( With Vendors Paying Advertising costs also ) and Fry's will then have that Cash in hand, interest Free for many months.  
    Good time to funnel that money elsewhere, and then possibly send the company into a Chapter 13 reorganization ( ? )  

How else would one explain the inventory situations and 6 months to pay Vendors with terms of 60 days?
  10.  permalink
    To guest 41934 just to clear things up my name is Brandon I use to work on the components dept at 27 till I got ratted out. Was it you? You seem like a snitch according to your post. Anyways to clear things up the guy that got suspended was actually suspneded for stealing someone's sale. The guy he stole from had 2 kids to feed and he passed away earlier tis month. I went to his funeral along with a small select few that actually cared. I'm sure you didn't go because I didn't see you only 7 of us went including Rodney. He even help raise money for the guy's family. What did you do? I'm sticking up for Rodney cuz he's my brother in law and until I got ratted on along wth about 7 other people wo also were hard workers and some had kids. Thanks to one guy we lost all our jobs. Snitches get stitches and if it was you hope you rott in hell bitch!
  11.  permalink
    Lol guest 41934 cant even use a name should be bitch 41934 lol. He is a snitch I even heard this snitch used the guy that died as an example in a letter he wrote to osha. I mean truly heartless. Let the guy rest in peace. If you want to read the letter its posted in the breakroom of the store. From my experience the components sups and managers are okay, unless your a fuc up come in late or absent. For bitch 41934 the devil is waiting for you snitch!
    Repent now or forever suffer in the brimstones of fire!

Mr. Snitch finder
  12.  permalink
    Guest: Everyone at store 27 hates the store manager and assistant store manager (Bless Halili and Gloria).  

A couple of other idiots and major asses are Rodney Tenedero (components department manager) and Robert Ledell (sup. or manager up front in the returns section).  

Robert is just an all-around jerk and snitch. Employees and customers hate him.  

Rodney has no business being a manager. He always seems angry or butthurt about things and he takes it out on people in his department. We've even heard that he had a salesman in his department suspended because the salesman corrected his (Rodney's) grammar on some kind of worksheet.  

The sups. in the department are always saying things like, "Oh get back to work or make it looks like you're doing something. Rodney is coming.". Rodney and the sups. in that department like to collectively manage by fear.  

Many times when go-backs are all done, there are no customers in the department and everyone has done their schematics, we (salesmen and accessory sales) often talk among each other. If Rodney or the supervisors see that, they get angry and tell us to stop standing around. Many times Rodney will even stupidly ask why we're talking. Ok, sure. There are no customers, no go-backs and nothing else to do. So what are we supposed to do? Why not just send us home then instead of getting angry and glaring at us. Sometimes it looks like Rodney's eyes are going to fall out... and we wish they would so he wouldn't be able to work anymore.  

Here's an article about management by fear:  
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38206989/ns/business-us_business/t/ten-signs-you-work-fear-based-workplace/#.UDnqy6P4SUM  

More than a couple of those sound exactly like how things are at our store (store 27).

The Vegas store was a joke when I worked there and I can't imagine it's any better now. Does that midget Ivan still work there? He had to be one of the biggest tools I've had the misfortune of working for. The epitome of soulless suckup corporate middle manager.
  13.  permalink
    I used to work at store 27, but quit recently. That store is fucked up. I worked in components too and the department manager and sups. are all idiot stupid dropouts that can only make it by working at a place like Frys.

@ Brandon, all you guys that got fired because you were all related to someone else working at the store should have known better. Isn't it always a policy at most companies that related people can't work in the same department or store?

The kind of drama that happened at that store while I was there, shouldn't be happening at workplaces. Glad I don't have to deal with it anymore.
  14.  permalink
    I know who you guys are talking about. The one everyone thinks is a whistleblower. That's Mike in components, right?

I saw what happened. The customer was really pushy about having Mike rewrite the quote since he had helped that customer the day before. The guy that passed away (Sean) should have asked the customer first if he had been helped already. At least that's what I would ask customers first if I was a salesman.

@ 49134
    It's called nepotism. Yes, almost all companies now have policies restricting it. It's even illegal in some states and employees who report cases of nepotism are protected by law.

@ Brandon
    As for Rodney going to the funeral and helping the guy's family raise money, may his god bless him for that. Whatever makes him feel better about his acrewed up self. If he was such a great person maybe he should have quit instead of you.
  15.  permalink
    Im not reading all that shit its late. but Frys can suck my hot smelly balls. ; )
  16.  permalink
    I worked at frys for two years before I quit I was an applance merchendizer

My DM was a complete ass. He would change our times without notice
    I mean how's this for stupid hrs closing on a thurs prob getting out 11:30 or midnight or later
    Then having to back at the store at 9 or somtimes 8 I almost fell asleep at the wheel trying to get back up to the store
    Then having to put up product usally by myself because all the salesmen would stand around and talk and the other mechendizers would be put on bullshit task that the sups should be doing
    And also how I got no trianing what so ever except that stuipid video orientaion that dosent help at all
    My secound week their I was given an aisle to maintan all the dm and appl.sup told me was here's ur aisle that's it the only
  17.  permalink
    Ron Compton
  18.  permalink
    I don't really hate ANYBODY at my store. There are a few people in the supervisor/management levels that I mildly dislike, but most of them seem to have some positive side to them that makes them tolerable.  

The people I hate are those at home office who couldn't make an intelligent business decision if it hit them in the head.
  19.  permalink
    Well, this week we had another MOPAR visit from the head office. This time one of the suits was poking around in my department and was actually looking underneath the displays, terminals, and lock up areas, so I stayed clear of him most of the morning. Oops, he found something not to his liking and bitched to the ASM, who showed up to see for himself. The ASM was not happy, and proceeded to call our DM over and made his life miserable. But our DM did the right thing... not. He rolled on his Sup 1 and 2, blaming them for the problem, "especially that new guy, he obviously needs more training!".
    Nice!! What a great opportunity to see Frys management in action. Typical circle jerk by imbeciles. Sweet Jesus I will not miss this place when I either leave or it goes out of business and falls into ruin. I've noticed the empty shelves and hooks around the store and the prognosis is not good. Customers ask me why we have no stock and I really don't have an answer for them. Maybe a hearty bitch slap for Randy Fry et al.
    •  
      CommentAuthora6penguin
    • CommentTimeSep 24th 2012
    Price Fucking Match...........and how some items dont give you anything even if there $1000 like a graphics card for example or how add items don't even pay a dollar well most of them anyway, but honestly we all have to face it if the economy was good we would not complain at all you would make minimum of 200 a day in sales
  20.  permalink
    Everyone at Store 3 hates the Computers DM, especially those that work in the computer department. Also Components DM is a gigantic bitch.
  21.  permalink
    I hate just about everyone but the merchandisers tbh. The salesmen are uppity with a tone of arrogance, and won't help you unless they get a nice chunk of money for their commission. The dept head doesn't care about the complaints and is just trying to screw anyone over if it means more money or a better job, or staying out of trouble.

One day I was told to put this windows 8 demo on the computers, so I did it. Took like an hour and a half each because we don't take care of our computers, as anyone in that dept can tell you. So after all that a lady from Sony comes in and starts yelling about how the demo SHOULD NOT have been put on their vaio's since they have their own demo, and how a memo went out the fry's saying such. The salesman says talk to the super, who immediately blames the dept head, who goes on to blame ME!

Never once saw a memo, was never told not to put them on any of them, etc. As this is happening the sony rep notices another vaio not working at all, it's a broken unit. It's been broken since I started (over a month ago), but the salesman uses this time to say it's because of my demo being put on it!

They did all of this in front of my face, selling me out because they know i'm new and a low man on the pole so to speak. It just makes me wonder what they say about me when i'm gone, if they'll throw all of this out while i'm standing right there...
  22.  permalink
    Terrance Lockhart the over zealous ASSistant store manger at the Milton, Ga location.

Never seen such horrible customer service from someone that is a manager. He acts more like a highschool drop out, which he probably is.
    Even when the ladies up front agree that the store was in the wrong he comes out of the office after having me wait for almost 15 minutes and argues with me that its my fault.
  23.  permalink
    Terrance and Ray are to busy getting blowjobs from Jordan to care about anything.
  24.  permalink
    I worked in components in store 15, but I didn't stick around long enough to really hate anybody. Plenty of cool people there like Kensasha (however it's spelled), Brandon, Luke, that one girl, and that's all that comes to mind. But one person I really do loathe is this one obnoxious guy in the computer department that has a whiny voice that made me want to punch him in the throat every time he talked.
  25.  permalink
    My favorite line:  

"I've spent thousands of dollars here, I'm sure we can work something out."  

::Raiden Facepalm::
  26.  permalink
    Terrance Lockhart
  27.  permalink
    Terrance Lockhart is just a racist asshole. His main goal at Fry's is to hire young little girls and show them that he is in charge hoping to maybe get a blowjob.
    •  
      CommentAuthoranamate
    • CommentTimeDec 27th 2012
    Frys sold me an Idea 10.1" Android tablet with 8GB that was advertised as having HD resolution  
    at 1920 x 1080. When it arrived, it actually has 1024 x 600 resolution, much much worse. A  
    customer service supervisor admitted their advertised spec is wrong, and that a similar false  
    claim about Idea tablets was debunked months ago, but they refused to supply a product that  
    met the advertised specs. They offered me nothing except the 30 day return policy that applies  
    to products that are NOT fraudulently advertised. This is the second time something like this  
    has happened. Apparently they can falsely advertise and pay no penalty.:face-sad:
  28.  permalink
    The entire "upper" management at store 32:
    Ray Simpson
    Terrence Lockheart
    Jordan White
    and all the other want to be's

Congratulations You Made It!
  29.  permalink
    @ anamate
    Pretty sure you can get that resolution if you use another monitor for output.
  30.  permalink
    Store 15, Jeremy Jack, that guy is a major douchebag.
  31.  permalink
    in store
  32.  permalink

Francisco Soto
    Crystal Garcia

Both in need of psychiatric help.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTallfry
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2013 edited
    :face-smile:
  33.  permalink
    i think everyones needs a jury. kind of like american idol. we have to make our vote on who gets to run a fucking store. instead of the fine herd that is chosen from home office
    •  
      CommentAuthor034CSV
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2013
    Guest: i think everyones needs a jury. kind of like american idol. we have to make our vote on who gets to run a fucking store. instead of the fine herd that is chosen from home office

I would watch it....

WhoWants.jpg
    I don't repeat gossip.... so listen carefully
  34.  permalink
    Store 15, that giant Negra Rhonda.
  35.  permalink
    definitely Bless and Gloria from store 27

total b1tches.
  36.  permalink
    Store 32: You are wrong about Ray and Terrance getting BJs from Jordan. Ray is too busy looking for another job, Terrance is too busy looking to cheat on his wife and Jordan is too busy following Mimi around. Speaking of which, how the hell did she get that DM job?
  37.  permalink
    Same way she got got the rest of her positions - being an underhanded bitch that has no compunction towards stepping on others. Batting her eyelashes at all the other idiot sups and DMs didnt hurt either.I personally watched the two male sups write up customer purchases for her when she wasnt even working. You think they did it for any of the male salesmen? Nope. Perfect example of the scummy company culture at Frys.
  38.  permalink
    Jennifer Murayama, store 34. Stupid dyke bitch.

Hope you end up as cashier at Radio Shack after Fry's goes under!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorGuest 8799
    • CommentTimeMar 14th 2013
    Wow so you are saying jordan is no longer rays puppet and follpws him around, i swore that ray had a hidden 2ft leash around jordan 24/7 i think jordan even helped him shake it after he was done in the bathroom.
  39.  permalink
    Everyone knows it was one person that got her where she is. Idiot got played.
  40.  permalink
    Amir Mohammed store 7 ASM, please go fuck yourself, ur the most annoying human being I've ever seen
  41.  permalink
    Terrence Lockheart at store 32. The man is a disgusting, he shouldn't even be considered a human being in my opinion.
  42.  permalink
    The customers. Plain and simple.