Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
  1.  permalink
    Honest to god Fry's could maximize the profits on their sales if they actually bothered to throw their salespeople a bone for once. I can't even count how many sales trainings and special VConn's I've missed because nobody bothered to tell me about them. Also, not everyone can attend work on Friday for VConn due to other commitments, but these people and the company as a whole could still benefit from them knowing better about focus items and ad-alternatives. There are a lot of pieces of info that could have allowed me to make better sales if I had known of them earlier (eg. 0% APR on ASUS PSC's if paid via Fry's Card). Based on these issues we often face, Fry's could do itself and it's employees a favor by putting it's salespeople on a departmental emailing list, where we could be better informed on focus items, special sales opportunities to take advantage of, VConn summaries, and policy changes. I've brought this idea up to multiple people in the store management and they keep giving the most dumbass excuses as to why such a thing isn't implemented. I don't see any sort of reason why not to do this as it shouldn't add much, if any financial burden to the company. If Fry's loves to preach it's "Team Knowledge" slogan so much, then they better live up to it for once.
  2. Other Topics You Might Like
    How can I get a Fry's salesperson to do a pricematch for a store that is not on their list?
    Are sales associates delivering for their customers?
    Why is Frys having associates do inventory this time around instead of RGIS?
    Why can't Cafe associates accept tips?
    Note to sales associates!
  3.  permalink
    Policy changes are usually handled in a team communication, which is read and signed by all associates. V-Con itself is a massive waste of time: a circlejerk with Fry's upper management and clueless vendor reps with (often) broken English. We had one V-Con about ASUS computers and I literally could not understand a word the vendor rep said. When the reps do speak fluent English, the answer to any question is invariably "we'll get back to you on that".  

Also, imagine the logistics of trying to keep everyone's email address current, people having to remember to check it, etc.
  4.  permalink
    Chris_Tomkinson: Policy changes are usually handled in a team communication, which is read and signed by all associates.

Yeah, I think I've read and signed about only 3 of those since I've worked there and policies are still changed under our noses if the sups and/or other associates forget to tell you about them.  

V-Con itself is a massive waste of time: a circlejerk with Fry's upper management and clueless vendor reps with (often) broken English. We had one V-Con about ASUS computers and I literally could not understand a word the vendor rep said. When the reps do speak fluent English, the answer to any question is invariably "we'll get back to you on that".

The vendor aspects of it are pointless, but it would be helpful to have the ad-alternatives and special high GP items they announce on paper for me to refer to.  

Also, imagine the logistics of trying to keep everyone's email address current, people having to remember to check it, etc.

Meh, I doubt associates are changing their email addresses left and right, but the logistics really shouldn't be that difficult. I mean shit dude, what year is it?  

It's just depressing how much they like to use the "Team Knowledge" slogan when the sales force is far from any sort of "Team". There's all sorts of opportunities that could benefit both the employee and company that are missed because of a failure in communication.
    •  
      CommentAuthorrubbara
    • CommentTimeSep 27th 2012
    It probably has more to do with how low the retention rates for sales associates are especially now with the change in price structure for supervisors. I wouldn't be surprised if later on the sales associate vanishes from Fry's altogether in the smaller stores as a lot of the departments have enough supervisor positions to cover the sales load and the competition for commission of Sales Vs Supervisor is so great a salesman cannot make enough money to really justify even having the job.
  5.  permalink
    It is cause Fry's believe in 'need to know' and usually you don't need to know. Also if you have time to read emails you have time to help customers or do schematics or put stock away.
  6.  permalink
    Instead of trying to use emails, they use the schematics webpage. Each station should have a schematics webpage which would provide you this information; some departments even add their vcon slides to it.
  7.  permalink
    Guest: Instead of trying to use emails, they use the schematics webpage. Each station should have a schematics webpage which would provide you this information; some departments even add their vcon slides to it.

I guess that's the most sound answer. I should take a better look at it during the slow periods of the day.