Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAviator08
    • CommentTimeSep 20th 2012
    I just heard today that associates are not allowed to purchase the new iPhone 5. They are reserved for customers. Those who do will be terminated immediately. Since when did our money become different from customers. I doubt we would get any ap off anyways. Guess I will have to AT&T .
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    What would prevent you from purchasing one directly from Apple, or a Verizon or AT&T store? Would Fried terminate you if you did that?
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    when frys is failing.. what a good time to turn away money!
  1.  permalink
    I haven't heard anything like that at my store.
  2.  permalink
    ObiWan: What would prevent you from purchasing one directly from Apple, or a Verizon or AT&T store? Would Fried terminate you if you did that?

What does "fried" mean? is that some sort of a nick name for Fries?  

and i doubt they would REALLY terminate employees over something so petty. Sounds like a bullshit rumor.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeSep 21st 2012
    of all the places to buy an iPhone 5 why would a customer want to buy it at Fry's?
  3.  permalink
    Too bad for you Aviator08. The last thing Fry's needs right now is to piss off more customers. One great way to piss them off is to be out of stock due to the reality that all of the stock was purchased by fry's employees.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeSep 21st 2012
    frys will be sold out because they can't afford to hold the inventory. Or maybe they will be in stock because customers refuse to buy from frys because of return lines and chance that they may purchase a used or open box iPhone 5.
  4.  permalink
    asdf: frys will be sold out because they can't afford to hold the inventory. Or maybe they will be in stock because customers refuse to buy from frys because of return lines and chance that they may purchase a used or open box iPhone 5.

This.
  5.  permalink
    Frys has fired or terminated employees for things way more petty than this. Don't be misinformed on how they automatically assume that their employees are all thieves from the start. Not all are out for themselves. Some simply want to buy something and why not buy from your place of employment w/o fear of losing your job. A customer is a customer no matter what. Frys doesn't want to see that.
  6.  permalink
    asdf: frys will be sold out because they can't afford to hold the inventory. Or maybe they will be in stock because customers refuse to buy from frys because of return lines and chance that they may purchase a used or open box iPhone 5.
    I could just picture the phone department full of beat up open box sticker discount iPhone 5s. Though it is unlikely because the iPhone 5 is a hot product at the moment. The more likely scenario is that Fry's can only afford to buy a handful of iPhone 5s.
    •  
      CommentAuthora6penguin
    • CommentTimeSep 23rd 2012
    i haven't also heard anything like this at my store
  7.  permalink
    Do we get any AP on buying the iphone outright?? Its 450$ for me to force my upgrade... What about buying the 16gb for 650$ with no contract. Any AP? Or no because its apple
    •  
      CommentAuthora6penguin
    • CommentTimeSep 24th 2012
    i doubt it on apple items you might get a few bucks without contract though like 5 bucks apple sucks at paying and giving you discounts
    •  
      CommentAuthorGuest 7632
    • CommentTimeSep 24th 2012
    If you're speaking the truth Fry's doesn't want employees purchasing the iPhone 5, as stock will go down. Fry's is not in good standing with Apple.
  8.  permalink
    I remember i used to rent the phones for 30 days unlocked from frys did it for 6 months and then they finally said no more lol retards
  9.  permalink
    Sounds like what mike downer at 31 was saying. however he let the girl he was banging buy one and told the rest of the associates no... makes you wonder why he isn't there anymore hehehe :D! wish him well in the divorce proceedings with his wife now that frys cut him :) all I can say mike if you read this karma is a bitch my friend
    •  
      CommentAuthorr3j3ct
    • CommentTimeApr 8th 2013
    Wouldn't want the iphone anyways, apple products = pieces of overpriced polished shit
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeApr 9th 2013
    r3j3ct: Wouldn't want the iphone anyways, apple products = pieces of overpriced polished shit

I suppose you prefer the MicroSlop WinDoze Phone?
    •  
      CommentAuthorr3j3ct
    • CommentTimeApr 10th 2013
    ObiWan:
    r3j3ct: Wouldn't want the iphone anyways, apple products = pieces of overpriced polished shit

I suppose you prefer the MicroSlop WinDoze Phone?

Nope, Android
    •  
      CommentAuthorBest Buy
    Windows Phones suck. iPhones suck too but their OS is better supported and easier to use than the shitty windows phone. It's actually one of the few things that Apple does better than Microsoft. Android is the best when it comes to phones.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    Android is for power users, noobs can use it pretty well.  
    iPhone is for noobs, really friendly for noobs, not friendly for power users.  
    Windows Phones are crap.  

Disclaimer: I own an iPhone.
  10.  permalink
    Android is for power users, noobs can use it pretty well.
    iPhone is for noobs, really friendly for noobs, not friendly for power users.
    Windows Phones are crap.

Very good way of putting it. I personally am a power user and have an android... specifically a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 that is rom'd and rooted with a custom rom. loving it!!! :-)