Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorman
    • CommentTimeSep 9th 2007
    A lot of people aren't so smart about computers. I don't think I am a waste of time.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMcLovin
    • CommentTimeSep 10th 2007
    believe me, you are
  1.  permalink
    HAHAHAA ohh maannn, thats fucking hilarious.  

Thanks Mclovin i needed that.
    •  
      CommentAuthorman
    • CommentTimeNov 27th 2007
    Any customer thats uninformed waste your time. The best ones are the ones that say "I want that laptop, I want the 3 year psc"
  2.  permalink
    I think it's more of a waste of the customer's time to ask questions, considering that half of the salespeople don't even know what they're talking about. It's not uncommon for employees to just tell the customer what they want so they leave, especially on an aisle like the security aisle. Personally I don't see how it's a waste of time when you have nothing better to do than to talk to people and sell them what they need. If you give them something crappy they'll just return it and you lose the commission, so what's the point?  

However, there are people that ask genuinely stupid questions... like "where's the battery aisle?" when they're standing right next to it with a huge sign that says "Battery Central". I've had that happen a few times, myself.
  3.  permalink
    This argument is about as dumb as the customers who come into our store are.
    •  
      CommentAuthorflea
    • CommentTimeNov 28th 2007
    PEOPLE GET IT THRU YOUR HEAD! WERE NOT TECH SUPPORT!  

ahh people are so annoying!  

Call the manufacturer they know more about the product than we do they made it we just sell it most of us don't test all the products we sell!  

Research what you want online or before hand so you don't look stupid!Fry's is corrupt I am here to talk about it.
    •  
      CommentAuthordgcaste
    • CommentTimeDec 27th 2007
    Customers aren't always stupid, just ignorant. Granted, knowing about computers is more than a commodity these days, but some people have other things to attend to. Would walking into a guitar store and not knowing about guitars make you stupid? You just want to learn to play, and all of them started from scratch.  

I personally find joy in teaching first timers about computers and helping them get through situations. I want their first experience with a techie geek to be a positive one, motivating them to wikipedia stuff and to gather and learn.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeDec 27th 2007
    Just tell them to get video professor. Thats the #1 way to learn computers, fast!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeDec 28th 2007
    Does video professor teach, "how to pwn noobs online?"
    •  
      CommentAuthorm_tux
    • CommentTimeDec 30th 2007
    :) I just wish people would stop coming in for items that just don't exist. or as I put it.. "To my knowledge, that does not exist but I could be wrong. I just have never seen it." and then they go on about how it does exist and how I should scour the entire store looking for it. But what I hate most is fellow sales associates with stupid questions... "No I do not know where that laptop is." even though I could easily go back there and find it in like 2 seconds.. The bottomline is that I need to make sales.. if I don't make sales,the managers start to ride me.. I don't have time to help "close" others sales unless they are willing to split it with me. And no I cannot take your laptop with 5 years upfront especially when I'm carrying up an ad piece that pays me nothing.. Catch me when I'm selling a laptop with a 5 year.I'm crushing your head... You flathead!