Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
  1.  permalink
    I work at a Fry's store here in Los Angeles don't want to say which one but I noticed customers waist our time I don't know why. Don't they know they can research stuff online... Why do they ask stupid questions when the answers are right there in front of their face on the spec sheets or on the internet? If you don't know what you want you should research it or ask a friend or someone who knows more about what you looking for don't waist your time or the salespeoples time especially when its busy.
  2.  permalink
    hahaha... i work at the store on brokaw up here in san jose... the one RIGHT NEXT TO HOMEOFFICE.... and yes.. we do get stupid customers all the time... the funny ones ask us for stuff while starring at the product right in front of them. or the ones who complain about an item thats not instock anymore after a big sale... like why ask for something at 7pm when the smart customers came in at opening.  

store 9  

Mike.
    •  
      CommentAuthorcalculon
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd 2007
    It's a shame that your customers "waist" your time. They should probably be looking for someone with at least a elementary grasp on the English language enough to spell WASTE correctly.  

IMO, aren't you there as a "greatsalesperson" to actually help people?  

People see "8ms; 700:1; 300 cd/m2" on a monitor spec sign and aren't going to know what the hell all that means.  

"If you don't know what you want you should research it or ask a friend..."  

Wow. You shouldn't even be in any sort of retail sales. Maybe working somewhere as a garbage collector might enable you to not have to have actual human contact with anyone, since thats what you seem to crave so much.  

Grow up and do your job.  

RAB  
    Store 22.
  3.  permalink
    Here, here, RAB. As a former employee of the Hamilton store I can safely say that its idiots like you two (greatsalesperson, thegodfather0ne) who give customer service a bad name. But I'm sure I'm just "waist"ing my time trying to get you to see that.
    •  
      CommentAuthorflea
    • CommentTimeJun 5th 2007
    I think its true...and I hate when they waist your time and don't buy nothing...Fry's is corrupt I am here to talk about it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSevenup
    • CommentTimeJun 5th 2007
    lol @ flea with the double negative and the "waist".  

@Greatsalesperson: They arent supposed to check online for specs and details if they did, Fry's wouldnt need you. If you hate helping customers because you have to finish your POTO's or go backs, then get a job in back stock.  

You are there to help customers.
  4.  permalink
    this one time, a customer asked me where the battery aisle is when he was standing right in the aisle. :]  

store 28  

fuck go backsssssssssss
    •  
      CommentAuthorxmx
    • CommentTimeJun 9th 2007
    we "waist" your time so you can get that .01% commission. WORK FOR IT BUBBA!  
    =)
  5.  permalink
    It's your job asshole to help customers. We shouldn't have to look online. Why don't you at least get an education before you come on here and talk shit about the people that keep you employed! Learn how to spell dick head!
    •  
      CommentAuthorCSAhole
    • CommentTimeJun 11th 2007
    CSA stands for customer service asshole. Only in store 28.
    •  
      CommentAuthorcalculon
    • CommentTimeJun 11th 2007
    Thanks for the.... uh..... informative post there.... Your input is vital to the operation of this site. Without you we wouldn't have been able to breathe.  

Wait, no. Go away.
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    • CommentTimeJun 11th 2007 edited
    the last time a read someones name tag i belive csa stands for computer sales asociopath. weirdi am a worm.
  6.  permalink
    whoa... dont put me and greatsalesperson in the same boat. i didnt say i DONT help people... i just say that some people ask dumb things at times. theres a difference in being an ass to customers and not helping them, and ME.  

*store 9*
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2007
    You guys should only help people if it pays you commission. Never help people out of the kindness of your heart. That's pretty much what you are not paid to do. I'm sure your bosses tell you many times that you guys are a commission directed sales force.i am a worm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSam
    • CommentTimeJun 24th 2007
    Sorry. I believe some customers, sometimes myself, do ask a lot of questions from time to time. However, we customers just like you if you were a customers, would like to know as much as possible before buying. I guess it's just our responsibility as well because you wouldn't want us to buy and return right? Again, as a customer, it's great to know there are so many knowledgeable employees at fry's.the wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round
    •  
      CommentAuthorsunshyne
    • CommentTimeJun 27th 2007
    Tell yall true, I work in San diego and I have had some customers yack on and on and on about stuff that easily found on the net, or in the paper. Don't forget though that this is our job. We have to help them, this is what we get paid for. You would be shocked at the number of people i have helped with some stupid MP3 question or some stupid adapter question. I answer as best i can and what I don't know I figure out. The next thing I know they come back 2-3 months later wanting to buy a laptop or computer. Now that you have serviced them correctly, there is no sales pitch. It's now just your opinion and what you thing they should get since you already remember them from the past. Learn to give good customer service yall. It's our job and that's why my paychecks are always above 600 take home a wekk.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSam
    • CommentTimeJun 28th 2007
    i'm sorry sunshyne.the wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round
    •  
      CommentAuthorskullywag
    • CommentTimeJul 6th 2007
    I don't work for Frys. But I do agree with customers being stupid for asking questions of Frys employees. Years ago I was stupid also. I asked questions. I was told that integrated graphics on a motherboard were just as good as buying a seperate video card. I was told that dual layer meant you could burn the DVD on both sides. I was told that GQ discs were actually rebranded Verbatim discs. Anybody would HAVE to be stupid to take advise from a person who knows less about what they sell than you do. I research EVERYTHING thoroughly before going to FRys, and just for kicks will ask the occasional question just to see how retarded they are, or how quick they can make up BS on the spot.
    •  
      CommentAuthorhoward
    • CommentTimeJul 8th 2007
    I really think Fry's should have an education center. People can just come to Fry's to learn about the products and sales people can just sell them to customers. Just like a sales presentation infomercial.  

Just something to Tell Randy.Howard Dean for America '08
    •  
      CommentAuthorcalculon
    Just take some consolation knowing that the people who don't know anything don't stick around at Fry's. They usually get let go, or they quit very quickly.  

However, its that weeding out process that can cause some customers to have some experiences with some less than knowledgeable (or lazy) employees.
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    I hear that the most stupid employees make the most money because they are pretty much in the same boat as the customer. They sell emotions not features or specifications.i am a worm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorcalculon
    If you go in to Fry's to buy a computer and you get sold "emotions," then you got ripped off.
    •  
      CommentAuthorhoward
    • CommentTimeJul 18th 2007
    Buy emotions, not products.  

But people get excited though.  

Sell the sizzle not the steak. Right?Howard Dean for America '08
    •  
      CommentAuthorphuct
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2007
    i work in the service/computer repair dept., and people always come by to ask random questions... not even anything related to my job or Fry's. I've had customers come in with a ENTIRE list of questions on a sheet of paper, and go through the list one by one asking questions. Plus its always the obvious question, or something they already know the answer to.  

people have gotten mad at me many times for not helping them. i dont mind answering 2, maybe 3 questions. but im not going to give you a personal tutorial on everything related to computers over the counter-- if you want my service you have to pay for it. i mean, i already stopped my work that im getting money for to come over here and talk to you.  

its just like a being a car mechanic. you dont go there asking hundreds of questions. you go there and get it fixed, and thats it. if i didnt having paying customers waiting on me, i wouldnt care.
  7.  permalink
    well you spend all your time answering those questions and now you have no time fix those computers that have already been paid.
    •  
      CommentAuthorphuct
    • CommentTimeAug 3rd 2007
    purple/pink:well you spend all your time answering those questions and now you have no time fix those computers that have already been paid.

hrm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorhoward
    • CommentTimeAug 6th 2007 edited
    some people are just stupid. One person purchased a mouse and returned it because it didn't fit. His friend told him that there is two types though he didn't know what those two were. The mouse he returned was actually a ps/2 mouse and from what I understood it couldn't fit cause he claimed it was off by 180 degrees.  

He even brought his broken mouse in so we can compare the plugs. and they were 100% the same. I told him that he just had to rotate the plug 180 degrees and it should fit. But he wouldn't believe me!!  

I asked another associate to confirm this issue... He pretty much confirmed it.  

He left very angry and called him "worse than a lying Christmas tree"  

LOLHoward Dean for America '08
    •  
      CommentAuthorMlbz420
    • CommentTimeAug 9th 2007 edited
    What makes you so called sales people think you deserve your commision let alone your regular wage without first helping somebody?  

the last time i shoped at fry's was when a manager refused to ring up my order without a salesperson name attached to it. after all i researched the merchandise, i made sure the items were compatable, i found and pulled them from the shelf, stood in line for an hour, etc.  

The only thing the sales person did was unlock the case containing the one out of ten items i was forced to ask for and couldnt pull myself. he then proceded to the counter to add the other nine items i pulled on my own to his order!!!.  

So when i reached the counter i refused to pay until my order was written up without the salespersons name attached. after yet another long wait for a manager to come over of course he refused and after some debate i left the items there never to return again.  

from then on i shop through newegg almost exclusively. I can wait for shipping and it still seems like i get my stuff faster/cheaper then waiting for some of the borderline retatrds at fry's.....fyi, i can look for the blinking lights to, i dont need your flunky to tell me which register to go too.  

There are a very few at fry's that are helpful and knowledgeble about what they are selling. ussually these are the more veteran sales people who have been around the block a few times. to you i say thank you. the rare occasion that i did find one i made sure to purchase a few extra items, often i would seek those same people out with future visits.  

but to those "other guys" go f yourself, and learn a lesson from those few who actually know what sales is all about.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMlbz420
    • CommentTimeAug 9th 2007 edited
    phuct:i work in the service/computer repair dept., and people always come by to ask random questions... not even anything related to my job or Fry's. I've had customers come in with a ENTIRE list of questions on a sheet of paper, and go through the list one by one asking questions. Plus its always the obvious question, or something they already know the answer to.  

people have gotten mad at me many times for not helping them. i dont mind answering 2, maybe 3 questions. but im not going to give you a personal tutorial on everything related to computers over the counter-- if you want my service you have to pay for it. i mean, i already stopped my work that im getting money for to come over here and talk to you.  

its just like a being a car mechanic. you dont go there asking hundreds of questions. you go there and get it fixed, and thats it. if i didnt having paying customers waiting on me, i wouldnt care.

Once the pool of one hit wonders that visit fry's dries up you'll understand why it is important to be helpful to your customers. Most shoppers at fry's just dont know they have other options. Those few that you piss off will join the 100 others simultainiously being pissed off around the store and collectively decide never to return again.  

repeat customers are an important part of running a succesful business, and a good part of the time educating a customer with some of the basics will gain there trust and respect. at that point your sales potential is unlimited. if a customer trusts or respects you they will buy whatever you tell them they need. Creating a happy customer at the service desk then directing them to your favorate sales person is a good way to get refferalls. also your favorate sales person should be one that returns the favor.  

sure you can piss off a lot of people and make some money this week but write back after some time has passed when your begging for a computer to fix.  

By the way, i always ask a new mechanic as many questions as i can before agreeing to let him service my vehicle. only after he has proven his competance do i trust that i dont need to ask. And they are always accomadating and happy to answer. it is after all me that will be paying his bills. most mechanics know this.  

Some day you will learn that no matter how smart or important you think you are there are thousands that can do what you do, probably better. The customer doesnt need you, they have lots of other choices. you need the customer!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    • CommentTimeAug 9th 2007
    Mlbz420 you are such an asshole.. you grill your mechanic? loli am a worm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMlbz420
    • CommentTimeAug 9th 2007
    just the new ones:face-devil-grin:  

blindly leaving your vehicle with a mechanic you know nothing about is begging for trouble. its buyer beware when testing out a new mechanic much like ive come to belive is the motto over at frys with clowns like flea.
    •  
      CommentAuthorphuct
    • CommentTimeAug 17th 2007
    Mlbz420:
    phuct:i work in the service/computer repair dept., and people always come by to ask random questions... not even anything related to my job or Fry's. I've had customers come in with a ENTIRE list of questions on a sheet of paper, and go through the list one by one asking questions. Plus its always the obvious question, or something they already know the answer to.  

Once the pool of one hit wonders that visit fry's dries up you'll understand why it is important to be helpful to your customers. Most shoppers at fry's just dont know they have other options. Those few that you piss off will join the 100 others simultainiously being pissed off around the store and collectively decide never to return again.  

repeat customers are an important part of running a succesful business, and a good part of the time educating a customer with some of the basics will gain there trust and respect. at that point your sales potential is unlimited. if a customer trusts or respects you they will buy whatever you tell them they need. Creating a happy customer at the service desk then directing them to your favorate sales person is a good way to get refferalls. also your favorate sales person should be one that returns the favor.  

sure you can piss off a lot of people and make some money this week but write back after some time has passed when your begging for a computer to fix.  

By the way, i always ask a new mechanic as many questions as i can before agreeing to let him service my vehicle. only after he has proven his competance do i trust that i dont need to ask. And they are always accomadating and happy to answer. it is after all me that will be paying his bills. most mechanics know this.  

Some day you will learn that no matter how smart or important you think you are there are thousands that can do what you do, probably better. The customer doesnt need you, they have lots of other choices. you need the customer!!!

good point for the most part  

best reply i think i've read on here yet
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeAug 18th 2007 edited
    Mlbz420:What makes you so called sales people think you deserve your commision let alone your regular wage without first helping somebody?  

the last time i shoped at fry's was when a manager refused to ring up my order without a salesperson name attached to it. after all i researched the merchandise, i made sure the items were compatable, i found and pulled them from the shelf, stood in line for an hour, etc.  

The only thing the sales person did was unlock the case containing the one out of ten items i was forced to ask for and couldnt pull myself. he then proceded to the counter to add the other nine items i pulled on my own to his order!!!.  

So when i reached the counter i refused to pay until my order was written up without the salespersons name attached. after yet another long wait for a manager to come over of course he refused and after some debate i left the items there never to return again.  

from then on i shop through newegg almost exclusively. I can wait for shipping and it still seems like i get my stuff faster/cheaper then waiting for some of the borderline retatrds at fry's.....fyi, i can look for the blinking lights to, i dont need your flunky to tell me which register to go too.  

There are a very few at fry's that are helpful and knowledgeble about what they are selling. ussually these are the more veteran sales people who have been around the block a few times. to you i say thank you. the rare occasion that i did find one i made sure to purchase a few extra items, often i would seek those same people out with future visits.  

but to those "other guys" go f yourself, and learn a lesson from those few who actually know what sales is all about.

Don't be such a dick. Who cares if the salesman didn't help you, it's not any trouble to let him write up a quote for you, we have bills to pay. Inconsiderate asshole.
  8.  permalink
    Yeah you tell 'em Sassy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorflea
    • CommentTimeAug 20th 2007
    I bet you they spit in Mlbz420 food at restaurants LOLFry's is corrupt I am here to talk about it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorhoward
    I bet people actually try to screw Mlbz420 over.Howard Dean for America '08
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    Why does everyone hate Mlbz420?i am a worm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    Read his post, he's an enormous dick.
  9.  permalink
    @greatsalesperson  

My perception is that the sales person's job is to help the customer make a purchasing decision. Part of that in answering their questions. I can understand and appreciate that you must get some seemingly really stupid questions, but you have to remember that your customers don't always understand the product like you do. That's why you work there, and they shop there.
  10.  permalink
    I really think Fry's should have an education center. People can just come to Fry's to learn about the products and sales people can just sell them to customers. Just like a sales presentation infomercial.

Your comment here is interesting. If the sales person isn't there to teach the customer about the product, the what does the "just sell them" part of the sales person's job involve?  

I mean no offense by asking this. I don't know a lot of what goes on behind the scenes there. I'm just hoping to gain some insight on what the job involves.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeAug 21st 2007
    I fully agree that we are there to help, but it's true, we get some really stupid questions sometimes. Like going to a dealership and asking them if they have cars, or what a glove compartment is. Or better yet, "Hey teach me how to drive." An education center is a great idea but it should only exist to supplement what the salesman can do. Not all customers will believe some kid in college, but more than not they'll believe an infomercial.
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    • CommentTimeAug 28th 2007 edited
    Isn't it better to attract stupid people in the first place. I mean smart people don't shop at frys. They are smarter than that. They have the internet and access to lots of sites... dell, new egg, hp.com. The last I checked you can purchase the same computers online for way cheaper. Going to frys they are pretty much asking for it. Its like reading a newspaper instead of watching tv or reading an internet news site. Its like reading harry potter and saying the book is better than the movie, when you know they have to squeeze all that content in 2 hours. How stupid can you be?i am a worm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorhoward
    • CommentTimeAug 30th 2007
    Fry's needs to just sell out. Attract all customers.. just not geeks. Fry's has lots of potential. They are even trying to emulate Best Buy's geek squad with their wifi installs and computer setup. It would be cooler if they came out with their own Geek Squad, techs is Red Hats and Red Coats, the "Fry's Guys".Howard Dean for America '08
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeAug 30th 2007
    And they should drive xB's.
    •  
      CommentAuthorhoward
    • CommentTimeAug 31st 2007
    LOL, they should drive Crown Vics like the policeHoward Dean for America '08
    •  
      CommentAuthorPrincess
    • CommentTimeSep 4th 2007
    worm:Isn't it better to attract stupid people in the first place. I mean smart people don't shop at frys. They are smarter than that. They have the internet and access to lots of sites... dell, new egg, hp.com. The last I checked you can purchase the same computers online for way cheaper. Going to frys they are pretty much asking for it. Its like reading a newspaper instead of watching tv or reading an internet news site. Its like reading harry potter and saying the book is better than the movie, when you know they have to squeeze all that content in 2 hours. How stupid can you be?

We don't mean the people that don't know how to shop for better prices online that are willing to take risks. We mean the one's that just ask dumb questions like "can i open up the package to see what it looks like inside" then I'd say no sir/mam because it's a blister package and besides it's a CLEAR package anyways so it most likely will look the same in open air as it does through this SECURE and CLEAR packaging.
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    • CommentTimeSep 7th 2007
    I'd just open it anyway and if i like it ill buy it. Ill even buy it to really try it and return it because i never intended to own it.i am a worm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    "Ill even buy it to really try it and return it because i never intended to own it."  

You're a cunt, and every employee here hates customers like you.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Sasquatch:"Ill even buy it to really try it and return it because i never intended to own it."  

You're a cunt, and every employee here hates customers like you.

Worm, I don't even work there and I hate you.Superhero!
  11.  permalink
    But we all love you AyaHu :face-angel:We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams