Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeOct 19th 2012
    ...of the top 25 workplace harassment/bias settlements....  

http://www.insurancejournal.com/news/national/2012/10/16/266775.htm
  1.  permalink
    $168 million at a hospital! Daaaammmnnnnnn.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeOct 19th 2012
    so does Fry's have insurance for lawsuits like this?
    •  
      CommentAuthorFrenchyFry
    • CommentTimeOct 20th 2012 edited
    All it takes is one single lawsuit from a sexual harassment claim for a business to have its tables unturned and business halted. A sexual harassment claim can cost a business a lot of money, not to mention the cost to their reputation.  

Insurance Article Regarding Insurance:  
    In order to be protected, a small business should obtain sexual harassment insurance coverage as part of Employment Practices Liability insurance it covers such costs as legal defense costs and court fees from clams made from current and past employees -- and even prospective employees -- against the company, other employees or its officers and directors. Additionally, if the judgment is found in favor of the plaintiff, the cost of the settlement will be covered (up to the liability limit). Even if a sexual harassment lawsuit is settled out of court, it comes with a hefty price tag.  

In an economic downturn, businesses often try to cut costs. One of these ways is to cut back on coverage such as sexual harassment insurance. Most experts agree that this is a dangerous path to choose that comes with a slippery slope.  

http://info.boltinsurance.com/blog/bid/32386/Sexual-Harassment-Insurance-Coverage
  2.  permalink
    FrenchyFry: All it takes is one single lawsuit from a sexual harassment claim for a business to have its tables unturned and business halted. A sexual harassment claim can cost a business a lot of money, not to mention the cost to their reputation.
    Did Fry's ever have a good reputation to lose?
    •  
      CommentAuthorFrenchyFry
    • CommentTimeOct 21st 2012
    I Saw that in the Article before I posted it... I knew someone would catch That ! :face-smile:
  3.  permalink
    FrenchyFry: I Saw that in the Article before I posted it... I knew someone would catch That ! :face-smile:
    I think this is how the conversation went:  
    David: Randy, I was reading this article and it says if we have a sexual harassment lawsuit, it can cost us millions and damage our reputation. Maybe we should get sexual harassment insurance?  
    Randy: Don't be an idiot. We don't have a reputation to lose and if anyone complains of "harassment" we'll just 5-day them and banish them from the kingdom. Everyone fears the 5-day.  
    David: Good thinking, Randy. TK!