Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgreencard
    • CommentTimeJun 5th 2007
    I don't know how people from other countries come here expecting us to know their language or expect us to help them, especially european people. Then the mexicans want the cheapest thing on everything and never buy warranties and complain when their item doesn't work and blame it on the store or the salesperson. Black people are no exception same thing as mexicans and they never buy the warranty but the worst part is they are rude and obnoxious. I think these are the three categories all salesmen must hate.
  1. Other Topics You Might Like
    Annoying petition groups
    Annoying Courtesy Associates
    how many people think that mopar is annoying?
    Annoying Fry's salesperson, please explain...
    Annoying Frys Service
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    I think your full of bullshit. and you're racist!i am a worm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorflea
    Half the time I don't know what they are saying ...all 3 of them types of people so I can't help them.Fry's is corrupt I am here to talk about it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSevenup
    He isn't being racist, for the most part its true. He just said it in a mean way.  

But the mexicans buy expensive things with no warranties.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCSAhole
    • CommentTimeJun 11th 2007
    And which workplace in this nation does not have foreigners?
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    • CommentTimeJun 11th 2007
    You guys always sell frys warranties to foregners knowing they may never ever come back.i am a worm.
    •  
      CommentAuthor[])raGoN
    • CommentTimeJun 13th 2007
    you are wrong most mexicans buy warrenties......if you know what you're talking about and handling customers with different tactics. There's always an option on how you sale the warrenties and of course for the europeans they won't get it was good does it make if it's gonna be out of the states?
    •  
      CommentAuthorflea
    • CommentTimeJun 15th 2007
    It takes so long to help someone if you don't understand them and usually since their economy in their country is so much lesser than ours they can only afford cheap stuff and they won't buy the warranty cause they are leaving this country... Then they try to haggle you for a discount WTF don't they understand were retail not the swapmeet... Kinda annoying if you ask me... If you sell a warranty to a foreigner Dragon your ripping them off...they don't need it and can't use it really...if they don't buy it their screwed cause most manuf aren't international and think about it if they mailed it ...how much international laptop shipping would be...Fry's is corrupt I am here to talk about it.
  2.  permalink
    i admit that i'm hard to work with sometimes since i ask a lot of questions before i buy. you see, i work hard for my money, and a damn salesman aint going to get an easy sale from me. that's right, needing an hour to close a sale guy. hahaha
  3.  permalink
    hahah.. an hour i can do... i worked with a customer for 3 hours on a sale. ended up building the guys computer for him in our service dept. total cost of the sale... $1500.00... came in only for a graphics card. hahaha. but hey if your nice i dont see why you wouldnt help them out. right?
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2007
    why get paid commission on one sale when you can get the same commission on many sales? Time is money.i am a worm.
  4.  permalink
    that true...i agree on this one:face-sad:
    •  
      CommentAuthorcas
    • CommentTimeJun 29th 2007
    Locking any one person in a group is a bad thing to do for two reasons. 1: Political Correctness. I hate that term, but being politically incorrect in the professional area of the U.S. will get you in a lot of trouble. 2: Not everyone fits the mold. In my short time at Fry's I've come across all sorts of people. Mexicans, Blacks, Asians, Whites, both young and old. Some people fit into their stereotype. I've tried understanding homie talk, broken spanish, random words from asian men, and kids asking silly questions. I've taken it all in stride. You ask them to repeat what they said, this forces them to go into more detail, which enables you to ask probing questions. I can't comment on warranty's as I don't sell them, however I have sold all sorts of differently raced people everything from ECS motherboards and cheap raidmax cases to High-end ASUS motherboards and coolermaster cases. And even if someone comes in wanting the cheapest possible thing, it's your job as a sales person to inform them. Show them your stock, compare different models, and if your commission based, show them why they need something more than the cheapest thing. It's a sales position, do your job, and don't worry about race.
    •  
      CommentAuthorflea
    • CommentTimeJun 29th 2007
    Im sorry mexicans and people take like 2x as long to help...I'll pass ...there so cheap and black people have attitudes...Fry's is corrupt I am here to talk about it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    • CommentTimeJul 1st 2007
    Fry's hires a lot of people with accents, language and cultural backgrounds. They pretty much can handle any mexican or ethnic person you throw at their sales force. Here is the problem though.. I went to some stores and noticed the lack of black sales people. I'm personally a black person myself and I find this very offending.i am a worm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorcalculon
    Fry's is an equal opportunity employer. They'll hire anyone who shows basic competencies and takes the effort to complete the application process. If there's not enough of one ethnic group (or in some peoples minds too much of another group) then its only because those are the people that applied, succeeded in completing the process, and correctly fulfilled their duties to maintain their job.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTheATM
    I really don't think there is anything wrong with those who speak another language, especially when they're looking to buy products from our store. What I dislike is when they don't understand the simple answers that I have for them. Today I had an experience with a customer who I don't believe had English as his first language. He came up to our DSC podium, and asked if where our Wii's cartridges were. I showed him exactly where the Wii games were, and mentioned that we were sold out of our Wii Consoles. He asked "Where are you Wii cartridges?" I told him that we were sold out of the systems, and that the Wii media was CD based. He then asked me again if we had any Wii cartridges, and I said "Well, the DS has cartridges, and they're just around the corner." He then asked me again if I had the Wii system. I said "No". He then asked me if I thought Best Buy would have the Wii. I said "Most likely every other place would be sold out of the Wii right now." He mumbled "I bet Best Buy has the Wii." It was at that point that I bid farewell to this customer, and really wished that we sold booze at our store (Damn you 27!).  

So it's not really based on the ethnicity of the customer, but how stupid they actually are which will effect your experience with them. And yes there are plenty of stupid customers, but they can go to Best Buy and get their Wii's.  

Store 31 Associate.
    •  
      CommentAuthorflea
    LOL I think its so funny how customers threaten us to go somewhere else when they are stupid or dumb Im like thinking in my head please go to that other store so I don't have to deal with your dumb ass. Also think its funny when customers come in going like I seen that at this store for way cheaper and Im like its proberly another model similar but not the same ... They go on arguing with me and Im like thinking why the fuck are you here then if you saw it some where else cheaper LMAO dumb assFry's is corrupt I am here to talk about it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    I usually tell sales staff im paying 100% cash and I would like to receive a discount or else my I will take my business elsewhere. works all the time.i am a worm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorflea
    • CommentTimeJul 2nd 2007 edited
    Word of advice for your cheap ass frys customers:  

1) If you don't want bad service try to know what you want before you come into Fry's ( Research Online)  
    2) Don't come in asking for the cheapest item of something (sales people hate this)  
    3) Don't ask for discounts/associate discounts or quantity discounts we can't do it so don't ask. You will look stupid doing so.  
    4) It doesn't matter how you pay we can't do anything on the pricing even if you pay cash.  
    5) Fry's is a privately owned company employees have the right to refuse service to rude and ignorant customers (I usually walk away)  
    6) If you think you saw a extact item somewhere else cheaper please provide proof, and make sure its the same model... we can usually match prices on same items.  
    7) Do not waist my time on tech issues im not India and do not provide tech support.  
    8) If you do not purchase a warranty your pretty much throwing your money away so you might as well give it to me.  
    9) If you don't like my rules then go to CompUSA oh wait their bankrupt and closed no wonder.  
    10) If your buying a demo or open box the standard open box discount policy is 5% so live with it or don't buy it. Dont hassle me Im not a car sales person.Fry's is corrupt I am here to talk about it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorcalculon
    • CommentTimeJul 2nd 2007
    It's "WASTE" not "WAIST"!!  

Geez.  

"Waste" is used in referring to using resources wrong... I.e. "He sure let that money go to waste."  

"Waist" is your fucking pant size. "The Fry's cafe associate had a waist size larger than Saturn."  

Get it?
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    • CommentTimeJul 2nd 2007
    What a foreigner!i am a worm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorskullywag
    • CommentTimeJul 6th 2007
    I think greencard is merely a troll.  

While dealing with non-english can be frustrating at times, I highly doubt ANYBODY can have such harsh views of foreigners.
    •  
      CommentAuthorhoward
    • CommentTimeJul 8th 2007
    You have to be a dammed racist to start a stupid thread like this one.Howard Dean for America '08
    •  
      CommentAuthorCrazyFox213
    • CommentTimeJul 9th 2007 edited
    I don't know how people from other countries come here expecting us to know their language or expect us to help them, especially european people. Then the mexicans want the cheapest thing on everything and never buy warranties and complain when their item doesn't work and blame it on the store or the salesperson. Black people are no exception same thing as mexicans and they never buy the warranty but the worst part is they are rude and obnoxious. I think these are the three categories all salesmen must hate.

You forgot to mention the OTHER large group of cheap people that go into frys trying to get something for nothing.  

Dont even get me start on the black people...
    •  
      CommentAuthorSam
    • CommentTimeJul 9th 2007
    Fry's is a great place to shop only because of it's sometimes low prices and mainly large selection of products. Comparing its services to other stores, it's probably along with the lower group. Cheap, bad services, and big selection = Fry's = Walmart = many cheap customers = foreigners/minorities = mexicans, asians, blacks etc.the wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round
    •  
      CommentAuthorgreencard
    • CommentTimeJul 9th 2007
    I'm not racist...I just hate cheap customers and people who waste money. Have you ever heard this saying "You get what you pay for", I really think this is very true. Im not white myself but the race that I have the least amount of problems with is white people. I think it has to do with their society and the way they live and are brought up. Mexicans always want to haggle you like we can do something on our prices or give them free stuff... GET IT THROUGH YOUR HEAD we are not the swapmeet. Black people have some shitty attitudes how do they ever expect to be helped if they are so obnoxious , its not my fault your on welfare or selling drugs get a job! Europeans and Middle Easterners bring a friend to translate and know what you want before you come to buy what you want, don't forget your deodorant ...you guys have the strongest body odor! For those of you who think I'm a troll fuck you! I am just expressing my views and opinions! I have had good experiences with mexicans, blacks and easterners but most of them have been bad! I could make so much money if I didn't have to help these people and I try my very best to avoid them completly or help them super fast so I can move on to my next customer. If you can't speak english order online you don't have to deal with any sales people!
    •  
      CommentAuthorCrazyFox213
    • CommentTimeJul 9th 2007 edited
    I smell a hint of douche-baggery.  

Dont get people who are on welfare into this ok, because people who get government aid HAVE to have jobs now.  
    Or at least be looking for one.  

Also if you get off the aid before your child is 18, then you have to pay every red cent of that shit back.  

This is not about WHERE you get your money from, its about people being morons.  

Lets stay on topic.
    •  
      CommentAuthorluv6mama
    • CommentTimeJul 11th 2007
    hey greencard whats ur store # 5? are you in A/V?
    •  
      CommentAuthorhoward
    • CommentTimeJul 18th 2007
    We should embrace the mexicans and foreigners. They have money too.Howard Dean for America '08
    •  
      CommentAuthorflea
    • CommentTimeJul 18th 2007
    LiL Money enough to buy them their GQ computer or sale desktop or laptop with no warranty!Fry's is corrupt I am here to talk about it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorPrincess
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2007
    I'll have to disagree with the mexicans being cheap. Most of the time they will ask for "la ga-ran-tia" and buy it. just say "dos, tres, o cinco anos." Sometimes they don't. My peeps are the ones that don't buy warranties...did you guess yet? The Asians are the ones that don't get the warranties. Middle easterners are also 50/50 and most of the time they are the ones that like to haggle, so they would have to fall into the annoying category. I'm sorry to say this about most of the black customers but most of the time they don't even have the money to pay for what ever it is they are buying. Some are obnoxious but not all. White people give us hell too, but because there's no language barrier you just don't think about the cheap and obnoxious ones. now go and practice selling "la-ga-ran-tia" my children .:face-angel:
    •  
      CommentAuthorcircaman1
    • CommentTimeAug 25th 2007
    nah not all people are the same. in store 10, i love helping the mexicans. especially the mexicans!! cause i happen to be mexican myself and speak spanish, they are simple to attach a P$C on it. they are so easy. Asians are the worst!!!! i hate helping them as much as i hate helping foreigners. they never buy PSCs and if they do, the sale just boomerangs right back. white people are ok people to deal with. i have no problem with them. middle easterns, i dont bother cause by the time i get to them they are already being taken care of by an eastern salesperson. i hardly ever see black people in the store so i can judge them. Just as PRINCESS said "la-ga-ran-tia" always works with my people. :face-devil-grin:
    •  
      CommentAuthorMcLovin
    • CommentTimeAug 25th 2007
    circaman1:Asians are the worst!!!! i hate helping them as much as i hate helping foreigners.

lol.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCrazyFox213
    • CommentTimeAug 28th 2007 edited
    Annoying Foreigners & Mexicans??  

how about thick accents and speech impediments?  

"How i can help you?"  

Or  

"You no like, you bring back, we make like new"  

So we should probably give the costumers a brake beings the things ive heard from the Employees. (like said statements)
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    • CommentTimeAug 28th 2007
    where im from being mexican is popular. I noticed that at the local best buy everyone is white. Its best for the customer to have a person that is a native and speaks perfect english.i am a worm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorman
    • CommentTimeNov 27th 2007
    Foreigners are welcome at Fry's. We have staff that can accommodate them. You won't find that personal service as best buy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorGamefreak88
    • CommentTimeNov 27th 2007 edited
    Never mind, my comment sounded racist. But basically mexicans need to speak english and have proper change.
    •  
      CommentAuthorkc5169
    • CommentTimeDec 9th 2007 edited
    This is so true, while I've never worked at Fry's, i did work at CompUSA for about 3 years. There is so much truth to the general generalization of different races. We at the CompUSA in La Mesa had our same problems with different foreigners. Now this is not saying EVERY race does this same thing but the majority do. I have had problems with all races and good luck with all races. But here is what we have concluded:  
    I am white, but I have friends in all races and even lived in southeast san diego in a black and asian area.  

1) White People: Are generally normal, however you do get those, "I'm gonna go to your competition, or I demand better service" type people. Kinda interesting, i had a guy from the church who said he never pays full price for the product. I was thinking, how could this guy be working at the church, and are they all rude like this..... Most of the time they'll buy the service plan, its a hit or miss issue. Always have a "neighbor or a friend who is a so-called tech". Funny, I had a guy in the networking department that asked me for help. Then i started giving him more information of which he informed me he was MSCE certified. Then I asked him if he was certified why is he asking me questions? He didn't ask me anymore questions after that.  

2) Black People: Didn't get too many of them, but I did have a guy saying that I was racist to him cause I asked for his id for his credit card. I tried to do him a favor by opening up a cash register to help him get ahead of the line cause the line was long. I should've just told him that my register just failed and to wait in line again. His girlfriend told him to shut up cause he is in a white area. i didn't care, i really wasn't, just really wanted to help him get checked out. But most black people believe that if they are rude then they can get the discounts and better service. Little do they know it doesn't work that way. Rarely will they buy the service plan.  

2) Native Americans (Indians): Always buy the service plan. I was at 100% of them, every single one will buy it. They are also pretty cool too. Never had a problem with any one of them. Had one guy, whom I thought was trying to pull a scam with me, he ordered the top of the line Powerbook G4 Apple, with 3 year coverage, every that I mentioned he bought. Went and told the front end manager about him cause I thought he was a scam. Come to find out he paid about 6k in cash and found out from another employee, his family owned Sycuan Casino. Yeah he was part of that tribe. Wow!!! That dude was pretty cool....  

3) Asians: Not talking about americanized asians. I have lived in the Philippines for about 3 years. Asianized Asians do not sell extended warranties. It's not in their culture so they think its pointless. They dont see the value in it, unless one of them have bought it and taken advantage of it.  

4) Arabs: Non americanized arabs. Always trying to get a discount, always trying to haggle. We are in the US, we are in retail, we dont and can't give discounts. When I moved overseas I learned the culture and adapted. Learn ours and adapt to it. Dont argue with us either, if you ask us a question, you ask us cause you dont know, dont tell us our answer is wrong or second guess it.  

5) Mexicans: Non americanized ones. As much problems as everyone else had, at our store, they have always been patient and nice customers to work with. Had a couple employees that speak spanish so it was just fine. They are about 30% that will buy the service plan. However I have gone to best buy in south san diego when i worked with canon and the customers there that dont speak english looked at me wierd when i didn't speak spanish. Did they forget they aren't in Tijuana anymore?  

6) Europeans: Non americanized europeans. Will mostly never buy the service coverage. They think they know the answer better than you do. Mostly never satisfied with your help, and hard to please them. Very hard headed people.  

Now this doesn't specifically say that every single person is immediately generalized. This is just the majority of the people but never all.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeDec 10th 2007
    Wow you racist people are really truly ignorant. In reality, it is I who is the cheapest person in the world. And Im white.Superhero!
  5.  permalink
    Stereotyping never works. The only thing I agree with here is that I do think if you immigrate to this country, you should at least speak English.
    •  
      CommentAuthorEvil_Flea
    • CommentTimeDec 17th 2007
    When I use to work at the mall I had the same problems with the same races ... people need to learn english this is america not MexiVietAlo lol
    •  
      CommentAuthordash
    • CommentTimeDec 17th 2007 edited
    If you plan to live in america you have to speak english. I would do the same if I plan on living in Mexico, Spain or any other country.
    •  
      CommentAuthorXeggreo
    • CommentTimeDec 17th 2007
    dash:If you plan to live in america you have to speak english. I would do the same if I plan on living in Mexico, Spain or any other country.

That's true, when I came to this country, I had to learn to speak english. I have to admit, sometimes you just want to speak your native tounge because of how hard it is to learn a new language, but eventually it worked out for me, because now I'd much rather speak English than Spanish. And yes I'm hispanic.
    •  
      CommentAuthorm_tux
    • CommentTimeDec 21st 2007
    Well here's how I see it..it's actually pretty easy to stereotype when everything always flows in a pattern..  

1) Hispanic people typically are more apt to purchase the service contract.. It's so much a given that most sales people will not leave them unless said item being purchase is going to be shipped back home.  

2) asians - most do not purchase them at all.. They will start sounding interested in them and start to ask a few questions during the sale, but in the end, it's always no. Exceptions typically are Japanese and Filipinos. And if you get someone from the 626.. run away.. forget about it.. no matter what color their skin is. atleast in anaheim.  

3) middle eastern- 50/50 but often will just ask a lot of questions and leave without buying anything then come back another day ask you twenty other questions, come back once more and buy it from someone else.  

4) white - crap shoot..  

5) european foreigners - great! not for service contracts but they typically are searching for high end electronics and don't care too much for sales price.  

but of course there are always oddballs that throw this out of whack, but pretty much there is a pattern. most people see it.  

but my simple rules..if i feel they are going to waste my time, i try to spend as less time with them as I can.  
    Haggle? I just walk away.. haggle with someone else.. a little haggle i can stand but it's the constant ones that bug me.. how many times do you want me to say it's not possible to buy the $1200 laptop for $800? I love the threat of not buying it from here. mainly because i'm just ok.. i dont care.. leave and buy it somewhere else.. if i cant sell it to you for that price than save yourself the hassle and buy it from the place you can.I'm crushing your head... You flathead!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeDec 21st 2007
    Ill be honest, if you moved to Cabo San Lucas, Mexico, you probably would not want to learn or would not learn Spanish at all. Most border cities and big cities and tourist cities in Mexico speak english. Its hard to find someone who does not who is in Cabo. So personally there would be no urgent need to learn spanish if I didnt already speak it and wanted to live in Mexico. Same thing goes here in Arizona. It is hard to find someone who does not speak conversational Spanish. If they don't, they certainly arent from around here. Most of us speak fluent or semi fluent Spanish. So when Mexicans hop the border, they don't have an urgent pressing need to learn English, since even pulling over to ask directions you can bet that person probably will understand you. There are many Mexican food marts, etc. Which is why Chinatown and Japantown and Little Italy exist. They can function within their own language, have jobs at their own language grocery store. We are a melting pot after all. And free.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorman
    • CommentTimeJan 2nd 2008 edited
    I think it's funny that when I do a google search for annoying foreigners or annoying mexicans I somehow end up on this page.
  6.  permalink
    I inhale my farts.
  7.  permalink
    Here are my thoughts on race,  

Asians: 90% of the time, they only buy the crap in the ad, though they will occasionally buy Sony laptops that pay. Sony is the only brand they will buy off-ad.  
    Blacks: Never actually buy anything most of the time, want to open a Fry's card for the stuff they do buy. Most of them will just waste your time asking a dozen questions, then not buy.  
    Mexicans: Are actually fairly good, though many of them insist on speaking to a Spanish-speaking salesman.  
    Whites: Tend to buy stuff, but think they know everything, overly smug and self confident.  

European foreigners are my favorite by far. Even though they never buy extended warranties, I have had many come in asking for high end gaming laptops. They just come in and buy it with no bullshit. No "I need to think about it", they just buy. My favorite was a Russian man who asked to buy a high end gaming laptop and then pulled out a half-inch thick stack of $100 bills and started counting it.  

If anything, Asians are the smartest, but the worst to deal with as a salesman.
    •  
      CommentAuthorGuest 3576
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd 2012
    If you speak spanish, about 75% of them will buy warranties if they live in the USA. if they don't, forget it. As far as asians, if you don't speak english, I ditch you. Lastly, if you're Indian, I speak hindi, but seriously, go buy that shit somewhere else, you're not worth the time I spend walking it to front check out. Whites and blacks are fairly even if a salesman can actually relate to the customer. But I've seen the garbage fry's is hiring. There's no chance anyone new can handle actually SELLING a product.