Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
  1.  permalink
    Fry's Electronics  
    Phone: (678)-405-6800  
    3296 Commerce Ave  
    Duluth, Georgia, 30043  
    U.S.A.  

I'm sure alot of these posts come off as vents to issue with these types of stores.. This is actually my first time fortunately of having to go this route. I have really been lucky to have no real issues with any retailers tilll today at Fry's. I really have enjoyed our local Fry's and have spent quite a bit at this nice store and to have this happen reallly has changed my perspective. I bought me an open box printer the other day and went to set it up and it wouldn't print. This was a nice photo printer and I decided to get some ink for it and went in the next morning to get some ink. Bought the whole kit of ink for the printer came home installed it It would print but the quality was horrible so I called an Epson representative, he had me do some troubleshooting over the phone and said I had some bad printer heads.  

Well since I just bought the printer I decided to take it back. I went and returned the printer and then went to return the ink and they said since it was open I could not return the ink. Keep in mind this is the same day. I explained to the associate my situation how I just bought the ink, showed my receipt for returning the printer and he said he would get his manager for me. THat was a joke he said he cannot do anything for me and gave me a corperate hotline to call.  

So I proceded to call the corperate hotline and spoke with a representative there who ask if I was in the store currently to which I replied yes. She then informed me that she will call the store and have the store manager come over and speak with me. I had a good feeling, anyone with any common sense would understand my situation and would get me taken care of. Well unfotunately the customer service manager came over and said that the store manager wan't there today so I asked for an assistant manger and was told they were all off today. So I hit redial and called the corperate customer relations line where I recieved an answering machine and left a detailed message.  

By this time I was very depressed. Here is is the holliday time and I am out not only a printer, but money on wasteless ink as well. It honestly was depressing and the associate said he would take my details down for me and leave it for the manager. I hope this issue gets resolved in a proper manner but so everyone is aware Fry's don't care. I have shopped many retailers and they may look like an electronics Nordstrom on the inside, but BEWARE, you have no value.  

Never again will I give up my time and money on this store again.  

Mike  
    Lawrenceville, Georgia  
    U.S.A.
  2.  permalink
    Was the printer ink opened? If it was, then I understand their position. I'm guessing that what they said was they had a policy against returning ink (regardless of it being open or not).
    •  
      CommentAuthormeinside100
    • CommentTimeJan 13th 2009 edited
    ripoffreport: Fry's Electronics  
    3296 Commerce Ave  
    Duluth, Georgia, 30043  
    U.S.A.  

I'm sure alot of these posts come off as vents to issue with these types of stores.. This is actually my first time fortunately of having to go this route. I have really been lucky to have no real issues with any retailers tilll today at Fry's. I really have enjoyed our local Fry's and have spent quite a bit at this nice store and to have this happen reallly has changed my perspective. I bought me an open box printer the other day and went to set it up and it wouldn't print. This was a nice photo printer and I decided to get some ink for it and went in the next morning to get some ink. Bought the whole kit of ink for the printer came home installed it It would print but the quality was horrible so I called an Epson representative, he had me do some troubleshooting over the phone and said I had some bad printer heads.  

Well since I just bought the printer I decided to take it back. I went and returned the printer and then went to return the ink and they said since it was open I could not return the ink. Keep in mind this is the same day. I explained to the associate my situation how I just bought the ink, showed my receipt for returning the printer and he said he would get his manager for me. THat was a joke he said he cannot do anything for me and gave me a corperate hotline to call.  

So I proceded to call the corperate hotline and spoke with a representative there who ask if I was in the store currently to which I replied yes. She then informed me that she will call the store and have the store manager come over and speak with me. I had a good feeling, anyone with any common sense would understand my situation and would get me taken care of. Well unfotunately the customer service manager came over and said that the store manager wan't there today so I asked for an assistant manger and was told they were all off today. So I hit redial and called the corperate customer relations line where I recieved an answering machine and left a detailed message.  

By this time I was very depressed. Here is is the holliday time and I am out not only a printer, but money on wasteless ink as well. It honestly was depressing and the associate said he would take my details down for me and leave it for the manager. I hope this issue gets resolved in a proper manner but so everyone is aware Fry's don't care. I have shopped many retailers and they may look like an electronics Nordstrom on the inside, but BEWARE, you have no value.  

Mike  
    Lawrenceville, Georgia  
    U.S.A.

Shawn Vaughn and John McGuffin are 2 of the most narrcissistic people you will ever meet!!!! The way they treat employees who are not part of the "inner circle" is just wrong. Also, if you are a customer who is not attractive, overweight, etc dont even bother asking John for help.....he dislikes anyone who is not "perfect" in every way. Not to mention the cocksucker has a very sarcastic tone of voice.  

Next time pay w/ AMEX...they will give you the money back on anything a merchant wont take back up to 1k.
  3.  permalink
    what "corporate' phone number did you call? was it an 877# or 408# who did you speak to? i want to help you with this.
  4.  permalink
    The ink is considered a "consumable item", therefore you cannot return. In a situation like this, why didn't you just exchange the printer for a new one?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeJan 14th 2009
    Call back and ask for the regional manager phone number, once you get in touch with the regional manager, you are golden. They actually have brains and will get things done. You have to harrass the higher ups before you can get anything done. The same is true with any company, though.Superhero!
  5.  permalink
    What I don't understand..according to what Ayahu says...is why call the General Manager. If ink is opened, it cannot be returned, PERIOD! I believe most printers do come with starter cartridges, so why did you purchase and use new ones for. I understand that this was an open box item, and that should be the first sign of problems. But in this situation you should have requested to exchange the printer for a new one, and keep the cartridges. Have one transferred in, or ordered. But don't expect Fry's to return open cartridges.

But you can't expect Fry's to take back open ink cartridges...
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    hell yes
    •  
      CommentAuthorsomeone
    So...... some Fry's don't RTV their returned printers?Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeJan 14th 2009 edited
    Guest: What I don't understand..according to what Ayahu says...is why call the General Manager. If ink is opened, it cannot be returned, PERIOD! I believe most printers do come with starter cartridges, so why did you purchase and use new ones for. I understand that this was an open box item, and that should be the first sign of problems. But in this situation you should have requested to exchange the printer for a new one, and keep the cartridges. Have one transferred in, or ordered. But don't expect Fry's to return open cartridges.  

The district / regional manager has the right and usually WILL take back anything, PERIOD. Its improbable that he would reject this request especially with the logic that ink costs about 5cents, you can refill any 'used' portion, package it and re-sell it. Or you can send it back to the manfan and say it was faulty. Believe me, if it cant be done in store, it can be done through the district / regional manager. You're a fool if you think "COMPANY POLICY" is "COMPANY POLICY".Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthormeinside100
    • CommentTimeJan 14th 2009 edited
    AyaHu:
    Guest: What I don't understand..according to what Ayahu says...is why call the General Manager. If ink is opened, it cannot be returned, PERIOD! I believe most printers do come with starter cartridges, so why did you purchase and use new ones for. I understand that this was an open box item, and that should be the first sign of problems. But in this situation you should have requested to exchange the printer for a new one, and keep the cartridges. Have one transferred in, or ordered. But don't expect Fry's to return open cartridges.  

The district / regional manager has the right and usually WILL take back anything, PERIOD. Its improbable that he would reject this request especially with the logic that ink costs about 5cents, you can refill any 'used' portion, package it and re-sell it. Or you can send it back to the manfan and say it was faulty. Believe me, if it cant be done in store, it can be done through the district / regional manager. You're a fool if you think "COMPANY POLICY" is "COMPANY POLICY".

True, rules are only enforced on people who are not liked.
  6.  permalink
    meinside100:
    ripoffreport: Fry's Electronics  
    3296 Commerce Ave  
    Duluth, Georgia, 30043  
    U.S.A.  

Mike  
    Lawrenceville, Georgia  
    U.S.A.

Shawn Vaughn and John McGuffin are 2 of the most narrcissistic people you will ever meet!!!! The way they treat employees who are not part of the "inner circle" is just wrong. Also, if you are a customer who is not attractive, overweight, etc dont even bother asking John for help.....he dislikes anyone who is not "perfect" in every way. Not to mention the cocksucker has a very sarcastic tone of voice.  

Next time pay w/ AMEX...they will give you the money back on anything a merchant wont take back up to 1k.

I would have to say quite the opposite. Shawn is actually a pretty cool guy and easy going. And on a good day, John will generally be nice.  

Now the printer issue. How in the world you got an open box printer, I do not know since I work at that location. And generally, bad print head = get a new print head, not ink. Ink being a consumable item and vacuum sealed usually is not returnable once opened.Why is there an S in Lisp?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeMar 7th 2009
    we have a vacume sealer here at eag i need to deal up some of my offroad spares hmmmm.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeMar 7th 2009
    What is up with this? I thought this was from 2008, but all the additional comments say edited and have 2009 on them.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeMar 8th 2009
    it is a new form of zombie thread built bigger better stronger ..... still not smarter brain rot is still an issue.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    • CommentTimeMar 9th 2009
    im a zombie person who hasn't been on the forum for a while.i am a worm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeMar 9th 2009
    does that mean i can shoot you with a shotgun?Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeMar 10th 2009
    Worm, I miss you.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    Suzukiman: does that mean i can shoot you with a shotgun?

You'll have to go through me first.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeMar 11th 2009
    :O
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeMar 12th 2009 edited
    AyaHu: http://www.bigfootforums.com/index.php?showtopic=3017

for the sasquatches  

theres probably a sasquatch meet up.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeMar 12th 2009
    SASQUATCH MEETUP: Friday, April 23rd, THE PARK  
    Details:  
    Bring sunglasses, as we dont want to disturb the other patrons!  

Food will be provided!Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    60 cal .... as big as a shotgun slug but pointy.:face-smile:Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    OK, Craig.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeMar 13th 2009
    ?? whos craigLooking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeMar 14th 2009
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeMar 14th 2009
    niceLooking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeMar 16th 2009
    Craig is a pimp.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeMar 20th 2009
    AyaHu: Craig is a pimp.

Looks like Craig has his own following.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeMar 20th 2009
    There's a little Craig in all of us.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeMar 21st 2009
    I bet craig took all those pictures.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeMar 21st 2009
    How else would he keep his appointments in order?
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeMar 25th 2009
    Craig should switch to kick me notes on randome peoples backs.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    asdf: Craig should switch to kick me notes on randome peoples backs.

Nah, just the exact same type.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    I as just thinking about how this began as a customer complaint thread... and look how far we've come.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeMar 26th 2009
    Sasquatch:
    asdf: Craig should switch to kick me notes on randome peoples backs.

Nah, just the exact same type.

Same notes but on peoples backs?  

Or buy shirts with those papers printed on them.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    The former.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeMar 27th 2009
    Backs, sir. On the back! It is crucial.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    im not that good with gimp
    •  
      CommentAuthoromfgninjas
    • CommentTimeMar 27th 2009 edited
    ripoffreport:I bought me an open box printer the other day and went to set it up and it wouldn't print. This was a nice photo printer and I decided to get some ink for it and went in the next morning to get some ink. Bought the whole kit of ink for the printer came home installed it It would print but the quality was horrible so I called an Epson representative, he had me do some troubleshooting over the phone and said I had some bad printer heads.

This is the part that gets me.  

Printers come with ink; without exception, If the printer didn't even work why did you open the extra ink you bought for it? Irregardless of your reasoning ink is a consumable item and just as I wouldn't be allowed to return a half eaten sandwich to a deli you can't expect Fry's to take back your open, unsellable and non returnable (to the vendor) consumables. Think about it like "you break it you buy it" except you actually opted to buy it first and then later went home to break it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    lol its open box did you expect it to work or be in good condition.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeMar 28th 2009
    Irregardless is a new word for me.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeMar 28th 2009
    Yo shud study moar.
  7.  permalink
    My question is why was a printer sold open box, thats always RTV lol.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjputter40
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2009
    Absolutely no excuses can be made for Fry's in Duluth. Here's my story: My husband and I saw their ad in the paper for a big screen tv. We called to get certain details about the tv and were assured that the tv in their ad was the model we wanted. We drove an hour to the Duluth store, purchased the tv and noticed at checkout that the model number was different from the one in the paper. It was a model of lesser value. When we argued this point, the salesman who we had spoken to on the phone denied saying anything he had told us. Argued, stupidly, with my husband that he had spoken with me not my husband and that my husband had no idea what conversation we had. I told the salesman that my husband was sitting right there with me and knew what was said. The whole experience was ridiculous. The point is, that they did not have the tv we came to buy - the one they said they had - and we could not get a better price on the lesser one they had. The matter was shut down with them and they were not willing to do anything to accommodate us. We had a special event planned and, unfortunately, had no time to continue shopping anywhere else. It's a good thing we hadn't purchased it and then decided to return it right there. We would probably have been charged a re-stocking fee! That place is brutal. Needless to say, we are never going back there again and we've told our friends not to go. On another note, when we were paying, we noticed that another customer was having an argument about his credit card. It had been swiped for his items which was a large amount, then voided. When the clerk re-ran the card for the large amount, it wouldn't go through, of course, because there was already a freeze on the original large amount swiped. The customer was leaving for Europe the next day and needed his stuff. He was told that the freeze would be removed in a couple of weeks and that he could purchase the items using a Fry credit card that they would open up for him. The customer did not want the card. He had to leave the store with no items and a card that was frozen for a large amount of money. He has no idea why the transaction was voided. He was extremely frustrated and argued uselessly with managers. Was the card deliberately voided to force him to sign on for a Fry credit card? I wouldn't doubt it. That store is shameful.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2009 edited
    So... go to Best Buy and get them to price match the ad instead of being pissed this TV isnt in stock.  

The customer with the frozen card should have contacted his bank, they lift them immediately, depending on the bank.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2009
    Somebody call the wahmbulence.
  8.  permalink
    jputter40: Absolutely no excuses can be made for Fry's in Duluth. Here's my story: My husband and I saw their ad in the paper for a big screen tv. We called to get certain details about the tv and were assured that the tv in their ad was the model we wanted. We drove an hour to the Duluth store, purchased the tv and noticed at checkout that the model number was different from the one in the paper. It was a model of lesser value. When we argued this point, the salesman who we had spoken to on the phone denied saying anything he had told us. Argued, stupidly, with my husband that he had spoken with me not my husband and that my husband had no idea what conversation we had. I told the salesman that my husband was sitting right there with me and knew what was said. The whole experience was ridiculous. The point is, that they did not have the tv we came to buy - the one they said they had - and we could not get a better price on the lesser one they had. The matter was shut down with them and they were not willing to do anything to accommodate us. We had a special event planned and, unfortunately, had no time to continue shopping anywhere else. It's a good thing we hadn't purchased it and then decided to return it right there. We would probably have been charged a re-stocking fee! That place is brutal. Needless to say, we are never going back there again and we've told our friends not to go. On another note, when we were paying, we noticed that another customer was having an argument about his credit card. It had been swiped for his items which was a large amount, then voided. When the clerk re-ran the card for the large amount, it wouldn't go through, of course, because there was already a freeze on the original large amount swiped. The customer was leaving for Europe the next day and needed his stuff. He was told that the freeze would be removed in a couple of weeks and that he could purchase the items using a Fry credit card that they would open up for him. The customer did not want the card. He had to leave the store with no items and a card that was frozen for a large amount of money. He has no idea why the transaction was voided. He was extremely frustrated and argued uselessly with managers. Was the card deliberately voided to force him to sign on for a Fry credit card? I wouldn't doubt it. That store is shameful.

Working in the Duluth location, many apologies about the issue. I wonder if it was one of the two salespeople that got fired recently in AV. And I don't think there are re-stocking fees on televisions.  

The Credit Card thing is something totally different. Some banks put daily limits on cards. If I am selling a huge Computer set up, it is the first thing I ask to the customer. Normally the customer is like, "Oh no. I'm fine." Then we get to check out and wait 20 minutes for the bank to allow it.  

And I don't know why I am even typing excuses here. You are probably not coming back here. Boredom at 3 in the morning. Anyway, any retail electronic store is bound to have a customer base that doesn't recommend it. We all have bad experiences. I think I have had a bad experience in every electronic store I go to. Heh.Why is there an S in Lisp?