Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
  1.  permalink
    Fry's management makes employees work long hours usually 8-10 a day. On holidays we work 12-16 hour shifts. I think Fry's breaks alot of labor laws to because I have worked 6 days a week sometimes also.  

We also never get raises which is weird. On top of that we have no overnight crew they make us stock and maintain the isles and help customers for what $8.50 a hour pay. The closing shifts are rough because we have to put away all product that was not paid away and stock and clean the isles. You never hear the management telling you your doing a good job only when theres something wrong with your isle.  

I think they need better organization with their management team. They need to care as much for their employees as they do for their customers but judging by the number of websites complaining about Fry's I would doubt they care about eighter their employees or their customers.  

So yeah I researched the internet some more and they don't care about their customers tell me if the below makes you think they care about their customers:  

1) Long Return Lines  
    2) Bad Experience/Not Honoring Extended Warranties  
    3) Long lines to pay  
    4) Employees who can't speak english  
    5) Employees who aren't very knowlegable  
    5) Bait and switch tactics to upgrade to more expensive products  
    6) 24% APR on Fry's Cards *Ouch  
    7) Ancient Point of Sale systems with many down times
    •  
      CommentAuthorSevenup
    • CommentTimeJan 5th 2008
    8-10Hr. work shifts? Lucky. All we get is 7.5Hrs max.
    •  
      CommentAuthorPunkzilla
    • CommentTimeJan 5th 2008
    Maybe it's just me, but I'm pretty sure some of those issues vary on a store-to-store basis.I shit trains, Now what?
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeJan 6th 2008
    Punkzilla the problem is management are people and you can't always have the best.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMacIas
    Management and employees are to types of groups which usually don't care about the other group.aka Luis - FrysForum Administration Group
    •  
      CommentAuthorm_tux
    Well as much as I consider this spam. I will respond back. As bad as it always seems.. it's not that bad. It's retail after all. it's a pain. As far as 6 day weeks.. there is nothing illegal about that, but we do get paid overtime for it.  

1) Raises - Fry's does not give raises, but gives you the opportunity to move up. Accessory Sales can now take a test to become "certified" and make a couple dollars more. If you are expecting a raise, do a good job and show them that you can move up into sales where you get paid on how good you work/"sale". Like any job/career, if you want a raise you have to work at it.. unless you are in an union that has a set raise schedule, but chances are that if you are there long enough, you are working hard enough to keep your job.  

2)Long return lines - You sell a lot of electronic items, you are bound to get returns. A) There is bound to be some defective items. Especially on the cheap items people love to buy because guess what they are cheap. Fry's has a lot of cheap items. Not all bad, but you are more likely to get a defective item if you go cheap. B) People buy items expecting the items to do magic, item does not perform this highly unlikely scenario of magic, it gets returned. C) No Restocking Fee - People are more likely to buy something and see if it works for them, when it doesn't they return it. OR they use it for 1 event and return it as a free rental. And generally the lines aren't really that long, unless you look at them after holidays or on weekends or after work on weekdays when guess what, the store is busy to begin with.  

3) Long Lines to pay - Something tells me you only shop at Fry's during peak times. See above. But the line can be very deceiving because you only have 1 line for 15+ registers. The line may look long at times, but most of the time it goes really quickly unless the system goes down(see below). This actually is the fairest way to have a line go for consumers. Everyone gets served according to when they entered the line, no guessing which register/line is the quickest. No worry about a new register opening up to see twenty people behind you jump into that line and get served even before you get to your register. Iwish more places did this.  

4) Employees do speak english, Yes some may have hard accents and have trouble here and there, but you can always find another one who speaks english.  

5) Yes there are some employees not as knowledgeable as others, but there are a lot of knowledgeable employees. Also, keep in mind that just because they do not know all the technical specs on every single item in the store does not make a person unknowledgeable, nor does it mean that if the employee tells you that a certain item cannot do what you want it to do that it will not possibly do, ie. you cannot connect a usb cable from your video recorder into your tv to watch what is on the video recorder, unless your tv comes equipped with a usb port to do such an action. I've seriously have tried to explain that to a customer before and he looks at me as if I am crazy and continues to ask me about it over and over again even showing him cables that would work.  

6)Bait and Switch.. Let me guess, you come into the store 10 minutes before Fry's closes on Tuesday(last day of the Friday ad) and expect to find the excellent buy on a thumbdrive that has been on sale since Friday. Or you view a salesperson showing a better computer to you when you come looking for the cheap one you came in for as bait and switch.. I guess it's illegal to show someone what would be a better computer.. Ads are created to get people into the store. Every place does this. You can certainly buy that cheap piece if you want as long as they are in stock, but don't expect them to be in stock at 8:55pm on Tuesday. We normally do have ad items in stock at the time the ad comes, but we are bound to run out occasionally. If you see a good ad on the weekend ads, come in Friday morning. If you really want to see Bait & Switch look at other retailers on black friday with an awesome price on a laptop.. They only have like 10 or 15 per store. On Black Friday, the cheap laptop we had on sale for an awesome price we started with 100 of them and we still sold out within a hour maybe two. But if you really want that cheap piece, go ahead and buy it but don't come back complaining to us that we sold you crap that didn't work as good as you wanted it to..  

7)24% on Fry's Cards - WRONG! it's more like 21.4% right now... it is variable according to the prime rate. But believe it or not, this is on par if not better than any other "store card" out there. Check it online.. Best Buy's store card is at 21.9% on plan A.. plan b is 24.9% - ouch.. though they do offer 0% for 3 months.. yoohoo. Circuit city's store card is 23.9% though BestBuy and CircuitCity also offer a Visa/MC type that has a lower interest, but keep in mind you are only applying for a guess what.. a visa or mastercard, you can do that anywhere. and Circuit city Visa's interest rate is at 16.9%-18.9% ouch! Best Buy MC's interest rate is 14.24-19.24% - ouch.. These rates are high for a Visa/MC... So is Fry's APR that ouchful? Not when you compare it to the competition. You can say you can get a cheaper rate at BestBuy or Circuit City with their Visa/MC but all you are getting is an expensive Visa/MC and their store cards are higher than Fry's.. Fry's does offer 0% for 12 months on some items as well..  

7) Ancient POS systems, yes they are, but they get the job done. But you are failing to seeing where the problem lies. The problem has been with the servers, not the pos's the pos's work great.. They may not look great, but they do work excellently. You put a newer, fancier pos and trust me, you'll see more problems. And they did fix the servers before the holiday season by replacing stuff but unfortunately we are just now starting to notice it as they are finally getting all the bugs out. The systems now have been extremely stable and I have not seen any problems with them going down recently.  

But anyways, there you go. btw I really do think this is spam.. this new user plastered this board with 6-8 different posts on how bad Fry's is. I doubt she/he even has worked at Fry's. I think they are just plastering other gripes they found on the web. Different stories, but yet the same person? mm.. anyways.. who knows..I'm crushing your head... You flathead!
    •  
      CommentAuthorPunkzilla
    • CommentTimeJan 7th 2008
    m_tux: nice job on that.:face-smile:I shit trains, Now what?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeJan 8th 2008
    Hear Hear!Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSevenup
    • CommentTimeJan 17th 2008
    Wow Mtux... Wow.  

THat was great.
    •  
      CommentAuthorROBERT
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2009
    Forget about your accured vacation pay. If you are fired or let go, Frys will not credit you your unused or accured vaction pay.Vacation pay can only be attain if you complete the entire anniversary date in which you were hired. For example, lets says you were let go or fired 24 hours before your anniversary date . Fry's would not compensate you any accured vacation time..These bastards hide their money in Federal trust account known as VEBA (voluntary employee benefit association) that oversees California supreme law that views vacation pay as part wages. The chicken-shit labor board took a year to decide that it is out of there jurisdiction. Fry's Electronic really does care about employees.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    neeeeecroooooooooooooooSuperhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    ?????? what?Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorsomeone
    Suzukiman: ?????? what?

The Dead have risen and now work for Fry's.Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Jan 17 ---> nowSuperhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    thats less then a month so what lol
    •  
      CommentAuthorsomeone
    asdf: thats less then a month so what lol

yeah.. 2007 was a great year...it was so good.. I thought it was 2008.Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    Lol january 2008?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    I feel a little old when I read threads I remember and they are from over a year ago.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2009
    that is why this card exists.

threadnecromancyns1nf0.jpg
    Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    Magic cards make me feel older.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2009 edited
    just wait till you are 50 and see one it will be an instant that adds 15 to your age.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Sasquatch: Magic cards make me feel older.

Suzukiman: just wait till you are 50 and see one it will be an instant that adds 15 to your age.

Hey, some kids still play magic.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2009
    you play magic if so ill print up a ton of cards onto poster board and beat you :face-devil-grin:  

yes i have now put myself in the league of ultranerds.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    I remember when people tried to forge the Black Lotus card.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    forging is easy used to do it all the time using extreme dpi scanners and high end printers makes alot of moneyLooking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    They didnt have those back in the day.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    In fact, I remember the scanner we had was top of the line, black and white, hand held, you had to roll it over the image, and go just the right speed or it would pull and distort, all black and white. Then they made flatbeds.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    this was just a few years ago though. but damn handheld roller types are old.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Yes, they rocked. And the first flatbeds were the thickness of a desktop computer virtually, and man, back then people used to think if you scanned near your face you would instantly die and go blind. It was all so very frightening. Don't look at the light! They said...Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    dont look into the light.  

i need to start orgnizing my forum pictures on my computer

faceScan.jpg
    Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
  2.  permalink
    m_tux good job, nice arguments
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    Looks like mtuxs first couple posts.
  3.  permalink
    I just got let go from Fry's after working there for 2 months. They told me it was because of poor performance but I think the manager let me go for personal reasons.
  4.  permalink
    Guest: I just got let go from Fry's after working there for 2 months. They told me it was because of poor performance but I think the manager let me go for personal reasons.

What personal reasons. Because after 2 months you must have been a really shitty employee.
  5.  permalink
    technically you are on a probabtion period so they can really just fire you for no reason during that 90 day. So your manager really doesn't need a reason.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeSep 30th 2009
    SDCherryPicker:
    Guest: I just got let go from Fry's after working there for 2 months. They told me it was because of poor performance but I think the manager let me go for personal reasons.

What personal reasons. Because after 2 months you must have been a really shitty employee.

Hear hear.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeOct 1st 2009
    You have major issues if you can't pass the probationary period.
    •  
      CommentAuthorGuest 7809
    • CommentTimeOct 5th 2009
    looks like mtux is too busy polishing knobs at fry's to formulate an intelligent response.