Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeNov 14th 2012
    So where is the black friday ad scans? Everyone else has their scans on the internet.
  1. Other Topics You Might Like
    Fry's Black Friday Ad Wanted
    Fry's Electronics Black Friday 2014 ad
    Fry's Electronics Black Friday Ad 2008
    Need Help! Broken Piece in the box of LCD TV from Fry's (Black Friday)
    POST VIDEO"S STORIES" PICS OF Fry's Black Friday 08
  2.  permalink
    whats going to be the opening time for black friday or should i say black thursday
  3.  permalink
    I caught rumor that there would be no midnight opening this year.

I wouldn't have shown up (on time) anyways if there was; the stunt they pulled on us last year was total bogus and I would rather get in trouble than to do that again. If it's a fire-able offense, so be it, I'll take my chances.
  4.  permalink
    well i sure hope they dont because target and everyone else is on and if they do then i guess i will show up late
  5.  permalink
    Fry's is opening at 6am. Found out today from our DDM
  6.  permalink
    Wow, 6AM? Guess they learned their lesson after last year. What a mess that was...
    •  
      CommentAuthorBorderPatrol
    • CommentTimeNov 16th 2012 edited
    Ad scans don't hit until Wednesday, you should know this by now.  

Yeah, 6am opening this year. I also hear they will be doing online-only deals on Thursday for Friday in-store pickup.  

http://www.frysblackfriday.com/rumors/frys-to-hold-both-online-thursday-deals-for-pickup-and-6am-black-friday-store-hourshttp://www.frysblackfriday.com
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeNov 16th 2012
    I smell financial trouble as they are shrinking the hours of operation to less than normal. Other retailers are opening even earlier than last year. If Fry's fails to make sales this holiday season Fry's will be laying off works next quarter.
  7.  permalink
    Probably trying to save cash by not having to pay double-time on Thursday.http://www.frysblackfriday.com
  8.  permalink
    It is Wednesday Nov 21 2012 at 11 AM West coast time.

WHERE IS THE AD?????

I do NOT see it on blackfriday.com

Any ideas, folks?

TIA, Walt in San Diego
    •  
      CommentAuthorFrenchyFry
    • CommentTimeNov 21st 2012 edited
    Fry's Black Friday AD ( 1 ) Both Copies Next Post...

fbf-frys-black-friday-2012-thurs21.jpg
    •  
      CommentAuthorFrenchyFry
    Fry's Black Friday AD (2)

fbf-frys-black-friday-2012-thurs21.jpg

fbf-frys-black-friday-2012-thurs11.jpg
  9.  permalink
    It's on facebook.
    •  
    Friday Ad too.  

Is this it for the ad? It was 4 pages the last couple years but I don't see any xbox or ps3 deals.

fbf-frys-black-friday-2012-fri1.jpg

fbf-frys-black-friday-2012-fri2.jpg
    http://www.frysblackfriday.com
    •  
      CommentAuthorsomeone
    • CommentTimeNov 22nd 2012
    Wow.. This online reserve online system is a mess..Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!
  10.  permalink
    keep getting the message "Sorry, but no products were found." anyone else? is it working for anyone?
  11.  permalink
    WTF!!! not working
  12.  permalink
    Been trying since 9 am PST, but nothing is available. Keep getting "No products were found that matched your search." Typical Fry's BS.
  13.  permalink
    online thursday deal is not working
  14.  permalink
    My cart emptied out.....wtf?

Now it can not find any product I search for.

Boned by Fry's again!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsomeone
    ONLINE Ad is now starting to workHiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!
  15.  permalink
    It took like 30 minutes but after refreshing and refreshing I finally got a confirmed order.

They got issues.

We'll see if I actually can get the items.

Too bad the computer I want is not available for on line purchase.......
    •  
      CommentAuthorsomeone
    Guest: It took like 30 minutes but after refreshing and refreshing I finally got a confirmed order.  

They got issues.  

We'll see if I actually can get the items.  

Too bad the computer I want is not available for on line purchase.......

Well the whole ad is supposedly for "in-store pickup after 9am tommorrow" but some items I hear are allowing delivery options. But reading the email, it does not look like we are even guaranteed they will be placed on hold as the email reads "You will receive a confirmation e-mail within 20 minutes* indicating whether or not the item(s) you have requested has been located and set aside for you at the store that you selected." 'Whether or not" is the key phrase there.Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!
  16.  permalink
    It has been far more longer than 20 minutes......

[quote]In-Store Pick Up Order Acknowledgment
    Dear Fry's Electronics Customer,
    Your request for In-Store Pick Up has been received.
    Please do not go to the store yet! Fry's Electronics Stores are Closed on Thanksgiving Day. This email is an acknowledgment that your order has been received.
    You will receive a confirmation e-mail within 20 minutes* indicating whether or not the item(s) you have requested has been located and set aside for you at the store that you selected.
    Your credit card will only be charged at the time of pick up in store, or, if you so choose, you may utilize a different method of payment upon your arrival.
    Thank you for Choosing Frys.com In-Store Pick Up!
    *Confirmation e-mails for Thanksgiving Day orders will be processed from 9 AM to 6 PM. All in-store pick up orders received outside these hours will receive an email response prior to 6 AM the following day.
    **Confirmation e-mails are normally processed each day 30 minutes before store opening to 30 minutes before store closing. All in-store pick up orders received by Frys.com outside these hours will receive an e-mail confirmation prior to store opening on the following day.
    [/quote]
  17.  permalink
    My confirmation came at 4:51. That was about 7 hours after I placed the order.

Now I hope to get a new computer before they run out.

We may just camp out at Walmart across the street.

Wish me luck!
  18.  permalink
    The deals for Black Friday this year sucks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjohnny8890
    i agree this year deal suck, that while not much people line up even it is about 6:30pm in San Jose:face-sad:
  19.  permalink
    Here come the Asians here come the Asians.
  20.  permalink
    What on earth is there to line up for at Fry's this year????
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    This has to be the worst Black Friday ever. There is no cooperation of retailers to open up at the same time. Everyone is opening at all different hours on Black Thursday. People have to decide to be with there family or hang out in lines to save a buck. Fry's ads are worst because its online specials which pretty much sold out in minutes. There is no reason to go to Fry's on Black Friday or any other place since the good stuff sold out on Black Thursday.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsomeone
    • CommentTimeNov 23rd 2012
    asdf: This has to be the worst Black Friday ever. There is no cooperation of retailers to open up at the same time. Everyone is opening at all different hours on Black Thursday. People have to decide to be with there family or hang out in lines to save a buck. Fry's ads are worst because its online specials which pretty much sold out in minutes. There is no reason to go to Fry's on Black Friday or any other place since the good stuff sold out on Black Thursday.

Did they set a block of merchandise aside for online orders and others for in store purchases or were all the items available to be claimed on Thursday?Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!
  21.  permalink
    All Fry's stores were closed on Thursday (Thanksgiving). When you placed an order for store pickup, there was no one there to check stock and put the merchandise in the store pickup area for you. That will get done on Friday morning when the store opens, that's why you have to wait until 0900 to pickup your order.
  22.  permalink
    Went to Fry's the morning at about 8am, store looked like a normal weekend, it was crazy slow for a Black Friday.  
    Either everyone bought their Fry's stuff online, or they got fucked this year.http://www.frysblackfriday.com
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    BorderPatrol: Went to Fry's the morning at about 8am, store looked like a normal weekend, it was crazy slow for a Black Friday.  
    Either everyone bought their Fry's stuff online, or they got fucked this year.

Whats up with over staffing when it was just a normal weekend at Frys lol?
    •  
      CommentAuthorGuest 3825
    My store looked like a normal weekend. I loved how people were asking for products on the thursday ad (that we had signs on the shelf for), that we had in stock, but could not sell to them because they were reserved for the in store pickup orders. Both customers and associates were confused as fuck about it.
  23.  permalink
    I'm in Vegas for the week, so we went to that store around 1pm today (I worked at/live near 25). I wanted to grab some Blu-rays. It was crazy packed, and the line for checkout snaked into the aisles of A/T, but it moved fast. My girlfriend pre-ordered an iPod Touch yesterday, but never got an email saying it was ready for pickup today, so we just went to the back and had a guy write one up. They had 60-something available at the time. At 9pm tonight she got the email saying the iPod isn't available. So stupid...
    •  
      CommentAuthormusic4u2
    • CommentTimeNov 24th 2012 edited
    There were about 1/2 the number of people in line at the Sacramento store compared to last year. Curious as to what kind of dollars Fry's pulled in. I heard one store here did like, $1.5m on last year's Black Friday. It's gotta be down significantly, unless the online ordering thing made up for the low turnout.

frys black friday 2012 (2).jpg
    •  
      CommentAuthorFrenchyFry
    The Important Number to watch is Gross Profit. You can do 1.5 Million in sales but at what Profit Margin? Fry's generally likes a Profit Margin of 21% or better ( all departments combined. ) Anything in the Ad is many times Below Cost or close to it. If the Store Totals are running in the low 10% Range, that would barely cover overhead. Although these numbers were from the past, before they quit paying sales people to work there... ( Commission Only ) ( $0.00 Paid on Ad or Price Matches. )
    •  
    FrenchyFry: The Important Number to watch is Gross Profit. You can do 1.5 Million in sales but at what Profit Margin? Fry's generally likes a Profit Margin of 21% or better ( all departments combined. ) Anything in the Ad is many times Below Cost or close to it. If the Store Totals are running in the low 10% Range, that would barely cover overhead. Although these numbers were from the past, before they quit paying sales people to work there... ( Commission Only ) ( $0.00 Paid on Ad or Price Matches. )

Our store used to do about $2mil in sales on Black Friday, but our gross profit goal was only 1% to 2%. Black Friday was not the day to make margin at all, it was a day to "make friends" with the customer to gain later sales.  

This was back in the 8-page Friday ad days though, but man, I think they fucked themselves with the late opening and online orders this year.http://www.frysblackfriday.com
    •  
      CommentAuthorFrenchyFry
    • CommentTimeNov 24th 2012
    What is odd, is to Print an Ad on Thursday and make it an "Order Only" type of ad. The impression after re-reading it a few times is that you can not buy these ad pieces in the store on a walk in basis. Not everyone has internet access to go to the Fry's site to order what they see on ad, and have it put ON HOLD for Friday.  
    Strange type of ad to run.  

I understand what they were trying to do by saying you don't have to wait in a Black Friday line, but some people see the Ad say lying around somewhere, and go in Friday only to be told, " Can't you READ what it says!.. You were suppose to order it on the Fry's Site first!"  

Not a very good way to start off " Making Friends "...
  24.  permalink
    This will be long. Location: San Diego store

First my lasting impression is that I had to wait a long long time in lines needlessly.

I got there right about 6 and dropped my party off to wait in line to get in. They were half way around the building. I am sorry I forgot there could be a line to get in. Nothing new there and it took about 10 - 15 minutes to get in. About the shortest time of the day as far as long lines go.

I also forgot that there may be a line to buy computers as last year I just grabbed what I needed off the counter top. But in years past there were lines.

What irked me was at about 625 they began sort of announcing what was already sold out. Thankfully the one I wanted was not sold out. The $398 Acer. I got 2 actually. More on that later. But, we were looking at alternatives as my son really needed to upgrade. So that was cool, but waiting in line over an hour was not.

Then we went over to the cameras. We wanted to buy a Canon which was not even on sale. They had none of the four colors in stock. In fact, they did not have any of the cameras we choose as alternates. That frustrated the sales girl and I found out why after talking to her. I noted all the sales staff is on commission by reading this forum. I made her aware of this venue. She lamented that she works so hard for so little. I REALLY felt sorry for her. I wanted to buy. Yet, they had nothing available. Sad. I knew we would buy the camera no matter what so I bought some goodies to go with it and had her get credit, what ever little credit she gets. It makes me feel bad for the employees. This girl hustled too. I appreciate that.

Later in the afternoon we got the camera in the color we wanted at Office Depot and they tossed in an 8GB memory card

So with a few extra goodies in hand we went to checkout and waited a good while too. At the register I was ready for the "one to a customer" thing about a few items which my son could buy, but the person just rung it up, no problem. This would never fly well in years past.

It was 830 then. I asked if we could pick up our internet order while we were at the register and had spent over $1000. No joy. The supervisor said the items had not been brought to the register area yet. I said "OK." We went to Walmart to find the camera and eat McD breakfast. Wallymart only had silver. We wanted red or blue. No joy again. So we ate and purchased a few things and headed back to Fry's across the street.

Around 930 or so we get in Fry's and wait in line again to pick up at the registers. Then we are informed to go to the back of the store. Geez what a LONG line in the back of the store. The ad said go to the registers. Not the back of the store. WTF?

Sometime around 11:30 it is our turn to get our stuff. The nice girl informs us we got the last of the $5 blue tooth mouses.... About that time they start to pass out water and Cokes. (Maybe they had someone pass out some where?) The line was still as long as when we entered. I believe they realized they needed to be nice. Also, I noticed people began apologizing for the waits. I guess someone smart had come on line before a riot erupted or some thing.

Saturday they had a 4 page ad. Now Sunday too, 4 pages. How special.

How about others posting their experiences? It was the longest time I ever, in all these years, wasted so much time at Fry's on Black Friday. They need to fix this BS. I am NOT a happy customer.
  25.  permalink
    You went to Frys on the BUSIEST shopping day of the year and you're pissed that you had to wait in line? Really? They may have had a limited number of the cameras that you wanted, or they may have had 50 and if you were 51st in line, guess what? The deals at Frys are not that great, and anyone that waits in line for hours for an item the can be ordered on line instantly for less is an idiot. Do yourself a favor and shop elsewhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSpace7478
    • CommentTimeNov 26th 2012
    Store 20 In-Store Pickup wasn't too bad at 9:30am. Line wasn't too long, ended up waiting 15 min for my TV.
  26.  permalink
    I went in at 8am and picked up my items instead of waiting for later.  
    I even got a couple Thrusday "online-only" items that were sitting on the shelf. You don't HAVE to order online to get that price.http://www.frysblackfriday.com
    •  
      CommentAuthorsomeone
    • CommentTimeNov 30th 2012
    BorderPatrol:
    FrenchyFry: The Important Number to watch is Gross Profit. You can do 1.5 Million in sales but at what Profit Margin? Fry's generally likes a Profit Margin of 21% or better ( all departments combined. ) Anything in the Ad is many times Below Cost or close to it. If the Store Totals are running in the low 10% Range, that would barely cover overhead. Although these numbers were from the past, before they quit paying sales people to work there... ( Commission Only ) ( $0.00 Paid on Ad or Price Matches. )

Our store used to do about $2mil in sales on Black Friday, but our gross profit goal was only 1% to 2%. Black Friday was not the day to make margin at all, it was a day to "make friends" with the customer to gain later sales.  

This was back in the 8-page Friday ad days though, but man, I think they fucked themselves with the late opening and online orders this year.

I liked that online ordering. There was no way in hell I was going to wake up early to shop on Black Friday. But I got my 2tb external HDD and I left a happy camper as I went in later in the day to pick it up. But I can see how it can miff some of those people that were camping out since Wednesday.Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!