Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjongasse
    • CommentTimeDec 26th 2012
    I bought a 2TB Harddrive from Fry's last week for myself and a 1TB one from Walmart for my GF last week.  

Both have been opened and used and require an external adapter to work. They individually cost $100+.  

Today I see my friends and family have gifted us some 500GB portable HDDs that do not require an external adapter to work.  

I am thinking of returning the 2TB Harddrive from Fry's and 1TB one from Walmart, but am unsure how this will go at the store.  

While both stores state to have no issue with accepting returns for such items, I have heard from multiple sources that they (store managers) sometimes override the policy for $100+ purchases, specially external Harddrives, specially when nothing is wrong with them (they are not defective etc)?  

I also called their CS @1-408-350-1484 and they said I will only be eligible for store credit if I opened the box (which was shrinkwrapped).  

Does anyone have experiences with returning external Harddrives to Fry's and Walmart without issue for full refund?
  1. Other Topics You Might Like
    Will a less customer friendly return policy hurt Frys?
    Fry's Return Policy/Restocking Fees
    Fry's Electronics Return Policy--No Receipt Question
    TV Return Policy on Fry's.com?
    Return policy on display models?
  2.  permalink
    you either have 15 days or 30 days to return it for money back. i think its 30, memory/cpus/desktops/laptops are 15 day i think.  

jongasse: I bought a 2TB Harddrive from Fry's last week for myself and a 1TB one from Walmart for my GF last week.  

Both have been opened and used and require an external adapter to work. They individually cost $100+.  

Today I see my friends and family have gifted us some 500GB portable HDDs that do not require an external adapter to work.  

I am thinking of returning the 2TB Harddrive from Fry's and 1TB one from Walmart, but am unsure how this will go at the store.  

While both stores state to have no issue with accepting returns for such items, I have heard from multiple sources that they (store managers) sometimes override the policy for $100+ purchases, specially external Harddrives, specially when nothing is wrong with them (they are not defective etc)?  

I also called their CS @1-408-350-1484 and they said I will only be eligible for store credit if I opened the box (which was shrinkwrapped).  

Does anyone have experiences with returning external Harddrives to Fry's and Walmart without issue for full refund?
    •  
      CommentAuthoranamate
    • CommentTimeDec 27th 2012
    Frys sold me an Idea 10.1" Android tablet with 8GB that was advertised as having HD resolution  
    at 1920 x 1080. When it arrived, it actually has 1024 x 600 resolution, much much worse. A  
    customer service supervisor admitted their advertised spec is wrong, and that a similar false  
    claim about Idea tablets was debunked months ago, but they refused to supply a product that  
    met the advertised specs. They offered me nothing except the 30 day return policy that applies  
    to products that are NOT fraudulently advertised. This is the second time something like this  
    has happened. Apparently they can falsely advertise and pay no penalty.::face-sad:
    •  
      CommentAuthorsmorris
    • CommentTimeDec 27th 2012
    anamate: This is the second time something like this  
    has happened. Apparently they can falsely advertise and pay no penalty.::face-sad:

They certainly can if it was intentional. A lot of shit happens between the ad guys and the newspaper printers that gets messed up. Usually model numbers or specs. Does a model of the Ideapad exist with the specs you saw? If so then maybe they can do something. It's likely that the margin is already almost non existent on a tablet on sale. Hell, even at regular price the margin is probably only 8%. Offer to buy a case or some accessories which hover around 50% margin and they will work with you.
  3.  permalink
    @anamate

Fry's doesn't take responsibility over advertisement errors.

lrn2read the terms of service dumbass.

@jongasse

You can easily get a 1 TB that does not require an adapter for $120. I wouldn't recommend anything above 1 TB, as it will just take a crap on you in the coming years. After it takes a shit on you, you're going to call Fry's and have a bitch fit about it.