Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorFrenchyFry
    • CommentTimeJan 21st 2013
    I know of Loss Prevention picking up a Camera and walking Away with It.... Because it Was not In the Sales Person Possession. The Sales Person had it on the Counter while He was at the POS terminal, no more than 2 feet away... The Guy was making a Quote, looked back Down and it was Gone.... The Customer said, " They Took it to the Front" The LP took it because the Sales Person had it on the counter , and the salesman gets in trouble.... Now who is the Thief? ...
  1. Other Topics You Might Like
    Ask me anything you want about the Loss Prevention Department.
    Sleeping with Loss Prevention
    Help with loss prevention problem
    Need help from anyone with knowledge of loss prevention officers
    Paul Daniello of Fry's Loss Prevention is a criminal
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeJan 22nd 2013
    That makes absolutely no sense (LP taking it because it was on the counter)...wait...I forgot...this IS Fry's we're talking about - it's not supposed to make sense.
  2.  permalink
    Our DM did that to me once, took a camera I was writing up while I had my head turned for a moment. I think he was just being a dick. I didn't complain too much because he would ask you to TSR if you did.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsomeone
    • CommentTimeJan 23rd 2013
    I've seen too many laptops being left around as the salesperson walks away from it. There was a case when I worked there where a salesperson was "selling" the one of the highest end laptops to a customer. The customer then asked if they had another one in the back. They went to go check while leaving the laptop with the customer. The laptop ended up running out the emergency exit with the "customer."  

But I guess this depends on what is considered "possession." I see no problem if it is sitting there with the salesperson standing next to it. But if the salesperson isn't paying attention to it enough to notice that LP grabbed it and brought it up front, then the salesperson deserves to get in trouble for not following proper security procedures.Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsomeone
    • CommentTimeJan 23rd 2013
    ObiWan: That makes absolutely no sense (LP taking it because it was on the counter)...wait...I forgot...this IS Fry's we're talking about - it's not supposed to make sense.

It makes perfect sense to me as if that LP was able to grab it without the salesperson noticing, then any ole joe would be able to as well. The salesperson deserves to get in trouble for this considering that the customer had to tell them what happened to the camera.Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!
  3.  permalink
    @someone

"without the salesperson noticing, then any ole joe would be able to as well."

Stop being a damn retard, this isn't elementary school.

If an average Joe was to take the item, then it is LP's job to get the item back, instead of being a bunch of retarded 6 year children going around taking items from sales employees.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFrenchyFry
    • CommentTimeJan 24th 2013
    Listen MO JO... You are Writing Up a Customer, You turn around and off an Acces... THey Wanted You to have it in HAND the whole Time. Even WHEN THE CUSTOMER WANTED TO SEE THE BOX... You would Have to Hold It IN Your Hands the Whole time... Makes Sense Now?
    •  
      CommentAuthorsomeone
    • CommentTimeJan 25th 2013 edited
    Guest: @someone  

"without the salesperson noticing, then any ole joe would be able to as well."  

Stop being a damn retard, this isn't elementary school.  

If an average Joe was to take the item, then it is LP's job to get the item back, instead of being a bunch of retarded 6 year children going around taking items from sales employees.

Or you can just prevent any Ole Joe from getting it in the first place by paying attention to it. The fault will be with the person who let the item get to a position where someone could just grab it without them noticing it missing to begin with. But again, you must have no self-responsibility to take fault in an action that was your fault. These items are typically locked up for a reason.  

It would be different if the "any Ole Joe" snatched it from a spot where the salesperson noticed them take it, then it would be on the LP to get it back, though it would be LP's job to get the item back in the other scenario as well, but it would still be the salesperson's fault for creating the situation. In the scenario placed on this thread LP grabbed the item and the salesperson didn't even know it was missing until they looked for it and the customer had to tell them where it went. That is the salesperson's fault.  

@FrenchyFRY:  

It's a different scenario if the salesperson isn't in "possession" of the item but still will notice if it "walks away" than if the salesperson isn't in "possession" of it and not notice that someone grabbed it and they did not notice. In your scenario to start off with, the salesperson set it down, even within 2 feet away from it, and didn't notice that LP grabbed it and brought it up front.  

"The Guy was making a Quote, looked back Down and it was Gone.... The Customer said, " They Took it to the Front""  

From that it sounds like the salesperson had no clue it went missing until he noticed it gone.  

If they are writting them up for them not carrying it but still have contact/line of sight with it, I can see your point. I can understand handing the customer the box to look at it as well as long as the salesperson knows where the box is. If the customer chooses to run off, then that's a LP issue to deal it and is an understandable loss. A salesperson setting down the item and not noticing it being taken away is not an acceptable loss as it is a preventable action. Though, I'm not saying the salesperson would be at fault if someone grabbed it and ran away with it without stopping them or trying to as that isn't preventable as the salesperson did as much as they could do.Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!
  4.  permalink
    The only reason $79 cameras are in lock up is so the associate can attach accessories and PSC to the item. There are plenty of $200-$300 items left on shelves and pegs, freely accessible to customers. We were even told that it was ok to hand a $100 or less camera to the customer without a quote if they don't want PSC or extras. LP gets paid a percentage of each item they "recover", so poaching cameras and saying they were supposed to be locked up is a BS stunt by crooked or lazy LP guys to generate some easy money in slow times, or maybe the LP guy is just being a douche.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFrenchyFry
    • CommentTimeJan 26th 2013 edited
    It was a Lockup Item. The sales person got the item and placed it next to the Keyboard at the POS as they are making a Quote. The customer asked for an accessory, the salesperson no more than a few feet away, got the accessory and the Camera was then gone. Salespeople were told, even if the Customer wants to inspect the box or read the features, You had to keep it in your hands and turn the box around so they can read it... The LP was standing behind the salesperson just waiting to put it down... The poor guy was set up and made an example of. They later told them to keep the camera in your arms even as you are creating the Quote. Customers were very annoyed they could not review their Box freely especially with Fry's sneaking out so much open box product. They wanted to hold their future Purchase in their own two hands and it was not allowed... Thai is INSANE!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsomeone
    • CommentTimeJan 26th 2013
    FrenchyFry: It was a Lockup Item. The sales person got the item and placed it next to the Keyboard at the POS as they are making a Quote. The customer asked for an accessory, the salesperson no more than a few feet away, got the accessory and the Camera was then gone. Salespeople were told, even if the Customer wants to inspect the box or read the features, You had to keep it in your hands and turn the box around so they can read it... The LP was standing behind the salesperson just waiting to put it down... The poor guy was set up and made an example of. They later told them to keep the camera in your arms even as you are creating the Quote. Customers were very annoyed they could not review their Box freely especially with Fry's sneaking out so much open box product. They wanted to hold their future Purchase in their own two hands and it was not allowed... Thai is INSANE!

A lot of what you wrote is a bit absurd if they cannot hand the customer the item to check it out and if they are just standing around to try to sneak the item away. But I have seen sales people just leave and walk completely away from laptop as they sat next to a "Quote-Making" pc.Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!
    •  
      CommentAuthorFrenchyFry
    • CommentTimeJan 26th 2013
    I agree it is Absurd... This was a Good 8 Years ago, but that was the Rules... Just liked when they Blocked ALL the Emergency Exits with The Hugh Steel Cages, with The Night Cleaning Crew locked inside.
  5.  permalink
    well, regardless LP at Frye's in texas at least is awful(and awfully arrogant). They are taught to looks for suspicious characters, baggy clothes, lingerers, the typical delinquent, and due to this one location lost 9-18 $59.99 video games a week for about the course of 4 months, from only 2 people. Then when they were finally "caught" LP walked up to the customer BEFORE either exit and asked for the game(which was in the waistband of the business casual pants worn.) the suspect took 2 games from the front, and one from the back, and handed them to LP still in the clear cases unscathed. he then continued to walk out the door merrily until they grabbed his arm and said "where are you going?" . the suspect then said that he was leaving because he decided not to buy the merchandise and was thrown on the ground while yelling that LP was breaking the law, and throwing an innocent person face down for no reason. Turns out he was right, as it's not illegal to hold the item in his pantline if its not tampered with, and it doesnt become illegal until he passes the second sliding door. So after the multimonth spree they didn't even catch the suspects as they were released shortly after the cops arrived.
  6.  permalink
    Guest: So after the multimonth spree they didn't even catch the suspects as they were released shortly after the cops arrived.
    Fry's should spin off their LP department into a separate company so other stores can buy this gold-standard security.
    •  
      CommentAuthorvitatm
    • CommentTimeAug 2nd 2014
    sorry guys! but im just asking what will happen to me for employee theft? .. loss prevention accused me stealing, but i did, i told them the truth, i co operated,saying i took a like 3000$ worth of items, but they accused me of everythiing that the store was at loss..and that was like under 10000$, so i made a statement, saying i did talk some items but not all....., but the thing is i dont think that the they have proof.. like evidence on vedios or anything.. but i already made a statement because i paniced and everything.. so anybody know wht would happen to me?  
    Rate this post positively
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeAug 3rd 2014
    If you confessed that you stole from your employer, then you've admitted your guilt and you are subject to criminal prosecution. Chances are Fry's won't pursue that route, but will most likely fire you. You're an idiot for trying to steal from them. They most likely have you on their store video surveillance.
Add your comments