Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFrenchyFry
    • CommentTimeJan 26th 2013
    Notebook computers and naan. Surge protectors and slices of artisan pizza. Flash drives and fries (with truffle oil or maybe mustard aioli).  
    On Friday, you can combine high-tech shopping with start-of-the-art snacking as Fry's Electronics hosts its first Foodie Truck Friday.  
    Four gourmet food trucks from around the Bay Area will be stationed at the Sunnyvale Fry's, 1007 E. Arques Ave., from 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. The featured trucks are:  
    Curry Up Now, the Peninsula-based purveyors of Naughty Naan wraps and deconstructed samosas.  
    Roli Roti and its mobile rotisserie, serving up chicken with potatoes (bathed in chicken drippings) and porchetta sandwiches.  
    Le Truc, known for its Bleu Cheesesteaks, chicken parm sandwiches and gourmet fries.  
    Pizza Politana, which hauls its wood-fired oven to bake margherita pizzas and other artisan pies onsite.  
    A bonus for early shoppers: The first 250 customers of the day who make a $10 or more purchase at Fry's will get lunch items valued up to $10. (Heads up: The store opens at 8 a.m.)  
    Will Foodie Truck Fridays continue at other Fry's locations? Fry's officials are taking a wait-and-see position. Stay tuned for updates.  

http://www.mercurynews.com/dining-scene/ci_22444003/la-carte-frys-sunnyvale-hosting-foodie-truck-friday
  1. Other Topics You Might Like
    Fry's Sunnyvale
    Fry's is going to open on midnight on black friday.
    28 things that will happen on Black Friday 2008 at Fry's Electronics
    Is Frys forcing its employees to work 16 hr. shifts on Black Friday..?
    Sears Black Friday Ad Leaked... waiting on Fry's ad
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeJan 27th 2013
    Sounds like they're desperate to attract business. Is it working?
  2.  permalink
    Sounds like they're hurting.

To bad it wont work, get with the times Fry's.
  3.  permalink
    I wish the Fry's near me had this. I love food truck Fridays!
  4.  permalink
    Guys,I heard Sunnyvale frys is closing due to its low budget they transferred some of their employees to different stores, let us know what is happening there.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFrenchyFry
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2013
    Any One Else care to Comment of Fry's CLOSING a Store?
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeFeb 13th 2013
    Last time I had to (emphasis on "had to") visit Fry's was the weekend before Christmas. The NE Houston Fry's lot was three quarters empty (on a Saturday) and a lot (est. one third) of the shelves were empty in the store. Had to replace RAM on one of my wife's laptops. 'course...it turns out the RAM that Fried sold was bad to begin with. Wound up going to Best Buy.
  5.  permalink
    I did not hear that they were closing the store. I heard they were trying to make it run like a small-shop to see if it would work. That store apparently has not been doing too hot.