Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
  1.  permalink
    looks the shittyest but makes the mosti love it when they call me big papa
  2. Other Topics You Might Like
    Which store are you from?
    What kind of music plays over the speakers at your store?
    What happens when Randy Fry and his cronies come to your store?
    Are W2s for former employees sent from the store or corporate?
    what store do you work at?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeJun 26th 2008
    What are their numbers like?
  3.  permalink
    there up therei love it when they call me big papa
  4.  permalink
    Sasquatch:What are their numbers like?

About $2 Million a week for the San Diego Store.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeJun 27th 2008 edited
    SDCherryPicker:

Are you sure it's $2 million a week? With 300 employees, revenue per employee per week would be about $6700. What percent of that is profit? And how much of that goes on your paycheck?
  5.  permalink
    i think it is about 2 mill a weeki love it when they call me big papa
  6.  permalink
    asdf:
    SDCherryPicker:

Are you sure it's $2 million a week? With 300 employees, revenue per employee per week would be about $6700. What percent of that is profit? And how much of that goes on your paycheck?

That is what they pull in per week from what I saw. I don't know what goes out to utility or salary.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeJun 27th 2008
    That's some nice traffic.
  7.  permalink
    yes it is. and since its hot now all the girls start wearing less and less and all the hottys come outi love it when they call me big papa
  8.  permalink
    <waiting for my forum userid> sort of new in the san marcos store. just learning. in av but know PCs better. ought to move over there if it is even possible. any hot chicks in PCs? sort of quiet in av so far.
  9.  permalink
    Why are you looking for hot chicks at frys? That's like looking for puppies in a shoe store.
  10.  permalink
    It is important to have some sort of delusion !
  11.  permalink
    Gossipgirl: Did you ever start your own blog as you mentioned on another topic in this forum?

BTW You seem knowledgeable. IMHO, reading the business news sources, Fry's is putting a lot of emphasis on the "Internet sales" portion of its business. All the rants on this blog about expansion notwithstanding, it seems apparent the day of the big box brick-and-mortar store has passed, to be replaced by web sales. Perhaps, if as you suggest, the Fry brothers have parcels of land all around, they might be better put to use as distribution centers for their Internet sales effort, ala Amazon. No one can discount the Amazon paradigm. It just seems to work. The big box retailer, with the possible exception of clothing (for a while), seems an anachronism.

Of course, all this is IMHO.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeOct 6th 2009
    Online sales is another way to out source sales force to customers.
  12.  permalink
    asdf: Online sales is another way to out source sales force to customers.

Absolutely. It makes business sense. The brothers are covering their bases. Unfortunate about the commission-only thing but business has no morals. If Fry's follows most businesses, it will test the waters with various commission plans until it finds the best balance between keeping some salesmen and keeping GP high.  

PS I am still waiting for hot chix in 25 info. Where's the scuttlebutt when you need it!http://frysforum.com/extensions/Smile/tango/face-smile.png
  13.  permalink
    Sunny Roseville checking in! Rockin store 26:face-monkey:
  14.  permalink
    Yeah, about that blog...I gave up on that thing a long time ago. I pretty much thought that was too much effort to go into, especially for a company I don't work for anymore. I do still have close friends that work at Fry's, so I still have my "connections". But I don't mind posting all my new gossip on here, even though it may not be to exciting.
  15.  permalink
    Gossipgirl:  

Okay. So what do you do now? And why did you "get out" (other than the obvious?)  

PS There does seem to be a quasi-hot chick at 25. Over in PCs. Not sure who she is though. I'm too busy starving to take the time to saunter over and have a closer look.  

You can fire a gun through the store and not hit a customer.  

Think positive, right?
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeOct 12th 2009
    Who's that chick on your profile?
  16.  permalink
    Oddly enough, sort of like the chick in PC at 25. Real skinny.  

As for the babe in the photograph, nice guys never talk.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeOct 12th 2009
    Lol, but they use their image as an avatar.
  17.  permalink
    I'll change the icon AFTER I've made my first strafing run on the chick in PCs. Best to remain clandestine for now. Especially if she is married.
  18.  permalink
    JohnSanMarcos: Gossipgirl:  

Okay. So what do you do now? And why did you "get out" (other than the obvious?)  

PS There does seem to be a quasi-hot chick at 25. Over in PCs. Not sure who she is though. I'm too busy starving to take the time to saunter over and have a closer look.  

You can fire a gun through the store and not hit a customer.  

Think positive, right?

Well I work for the Marine Corps now, I'm not in it but I do work for them.  

But once upon a time ago I did use to work in the San Marcos store in 05. Started out as a cashier, then sup, then I transfered to store 7. Was there for about 9-10 months, then quit due to a heartless ASM and sky rocketing gas prices (I was doing the commute). I put 3 and half years into Fry's, haven't worked there in a year and have been the happiest I have ever been in a long time. That's my long story, short.  

The girl you are talking about, I have never met her, but I do know she was a transfer from a different store and she is in sales. But why do you like super skinny girls? What's wrong with healthy girls? I didn't know that guys still liked the cocaine chic look on girls. This is no offense to you or that girl, it's just a subject I feel strongly about.
  19.  permalink
    Gossipgirl: Actually, I used skinny because it is her most identifiable feature for employees taking a quick look for her, not because it is a priority for me.  

Personally, I like the black hair and dark eyes. My only requirement is she be in relatively good physical shape. Don't care about huge tits or ass or long legs, just she is healthy. And the girl in PC seems healthy.  

As far as the cocaine look (great description BTW), according to the LA Times, that look is out of favor now. But healthy is always in favor.  

Agree?
  20.  permalink
    I most definatly do not agree the LA times. And you have to look at where you are getting the source. Key words being Los Angeles. Hollywood if full of those twigs, just look at the girls on the new 90210. People in Hollywood has the power to get ride of this image that is being protrayed around the world, but all they care about is what is being said in the gossip magazines. It's getting rediculous now then it was before, Renee Zellwenger is going to be putting on a fat suit for the next Bridget Jones movie. She wasn't even really that fat in the last ones, all she did was gain 20 pounds. I guess now 20 pounds is too much and she needs a fat suit. Can you even make a fat suit for 20 pounds?  

But there is some out there that are trying to break this. Like Tyra Banks, when she got her talk show she did put on weight, but now recently she got in to eating healthy. She looks better now then she did when she was on the runway. Same with Hilary Duff. She got really skinny after she left Disney. Now she is back in Gossip Girl. She to, got healthy and is a heathly weight again and looks good, plus she looked like a horse when she was really skinny and had those over sized vaneers.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeOct 13th 2009
    I personally promote healthy curves.Superhero!
  21.  permalink
    Gossipgirl & AyaHu: You both should read Salon magazine (salon.com). Bleeding heart liberal but has excellent columnists including Camille Paglia. Do a search for "slim" and read the articles about Ralph Lauren's PhotoShop faux pas, and, the article Glossy vows to use "normal" models. Similar stories appeared in the NY Times and Washington Post. Both stories will warm your collective souls, and, are very interesting.
  22.  permalink
    I already know about the whole Ralph Lauren issue. They are playing stupid and claiming they don't know how to use photoshop correctly. Its stupid.
  23.  permalink
    Im gonna go off topic of what you guys are talkin about right now to mention that Jose Garcia, 25's new ASM is doing a terrific job.. He's fired about 8 or more terrible employees in his first month or two working there.. He sees through all the b.s. and I love it.
  24.  permalink
    GossipGirl: Spot on! The Lauren rebuttals are hilarious. I'll bet there's hell to pay in the art department. Not because they're sorry but because they went too far and got caught!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeOct 16th 2009
    Photoshop is like makeup. Barely any please, preferably none.
  25.  permalink
    Well it's good for blemishes unflattering pictures. But if I ever use it I would still like to recognize myself and still look human.
  26.  permalink
    GossipGirl: There's nothing "human" about fashion photography. And Lauren is dancing big about all the fuss now-a-days. I'm sure the company thought it would all "go away" in a few days, but the faux pas is developing a life of its own!
  27.  permalink
    I was talking using photoshop for myself. I use it on my myspace pictures to fix impurites. But I don't take it any further then that. I still like to look like myself in my pictures. I'm comfortable with myself and don't need to transform myself into something I'm not.  

As for the fashion world not being human, I already know that. I'm not a fashion model, nor would I ever want to be. That kinda life style doesn't appeal to me. I like my life the way it is now. Very relaxed and carefree. I do love fashion but there are other things in life that are way more important.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeOct 20th 2009
    who are the people on your avatar?
  28.  permalink
    They are the characters from the tv show gossip girl. Chuck and Blair. The actors are Leghtion Meester and Ed Westwick.
  29.  permalink
    Store 8 represent!
  30.  permalink
    Looks like you're the only one from store 8! Now they know who you are and will come looking for you!
  31.  permalink
    I'm going to have to commute to San Jose. I want to get a motorcycle(Kawi ZX1000 or a Harley Sportster).
  32.  permalink
    Store 3. Worked here for about 5 months now. Dreading Black Friday.

Anyone else from Store 3 here?
  33.  permalink
    Black Friday is going to suck big time. Last year it was mandatory for most of us to work 18 hrs starting 11:30 pm on Thanksgiving. What bullshit! I'm sure Randy Fry will spend a nice holiday with his family, not working for chump change. I had to work 4 shifts of 4 hrs each with a break between each. That meant I was in Frys for a total of 20 hrs straight with no sleep. They also altered everyone's time card with an extra punch in and out to illegally avoid paying overtime. I refuse to do that this year, and I wonder if anyone else has had enough of this shit. Any suggestions from anyone else? I think if enough people refused to work Thanksgiving evening they might reconsider this awful and stupid idea. I hear Walmart is going to be open at 8pm on Thanksgiving. That is really sad for Walmart's employees and shows Walmart for the greedy assholes they are. I hope Randy Fry sees this post and knows that his employees think he is a douchebag for making people work on Thanksgiving instead of spending the holiday with their familys. Randy, please come to our store so I can punch you in the face you soulless piece of crap.
  34.  permalink
    Since there are a number of big retailers opening well before midnight this year, I have no doubt Fry's is going to do something similar. Anyone think of calling their state labor board to have them send someone to your store and watch what's going on on black friday?