Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKen Lulz
    • CommentTimeJan 31st 2013 edited
    Be sure to get a copy of your schedules for next week. Store Managers are looking to get their labor dollars down anyway possible. This is ESPECIALLY important to read if you are a part timer. Say you have been cut down to 4 hours next week. Say that day is late in the week like friday or saturday. The SM, ASM, and your DM all have the ability to change the schedule even after the week has begun. The rumor is that they will tell you that you work on friday and after doing so, they will schedule you 3 days in a row earlier in the week. The result is that you will no call-no show and therefore automatically quit. KEEP A COPY OF YOUR SCHEDULE. DON'T LET IT HAPPEN TO YOU!
    •  
      CommentAuthorFrenchyFry
    • CommentTimeJan 31st 2013 edited
    If a schedule is posted can your employer change your hours within that schedule without 24hour nonice or your consent?  

Occasional Changes In Schedule.  
    The IWC has concluded that the employer must provide the employees with reasonable notice of any changes in the days or hours scheduled. Changes in the schedule are limited to “occasional” occurrences. (Statement As To The Basis). More frequent changes will result in the loss of the exemption from the 8-hour day requirements of California law.  
    56.23.2 Reasonable Notice Of Change In Regular Alternative Workweek Schedule.  
    The term “reasonable notice” has not been defined by the IWC. For purposes of enforcement the DLSE will consider a one-week notice to be reasonable notice.  
    Know Your Rights... locate the labor laws for your state.  
    California's employment rights can all be found here:  
    http://www.dir.ca.gov/
    •  
      CommentAuthort0rrent
    • CommentTimeJan 31st 2013
    21 was notorious for that when I worked there. Had at least two incidents where I would have been fired if I didn't have a copy of my schedule with me due to them changing it without notifying me.
  1.  permalink
    Fry's sucks
  2.  permalink
    I love the OP's username :face-monkey:.
  3.  permalink
    Classic name OP.
    •  
      CommentAuthoryeahyeah
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th 2013
    Lmao that name is awesome!:face-devil-grin: