Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthor034CSV
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th 2013
    Well a couple weeks ago the IS Tech and D7 Receiving SUP positions were eliminated. Next it was the Service Coordinators and now the CSSA's. Rumor from the higher ups say that next Audit will be partially eliminated. Rumor from the DM's say that each department will only have two supervisors. One for Merchandising and one for Sales. Is this their way of cutting back on unnecessary positions or is Fry's desperate for money?I don't repeat gossip.... so listen carefully
  1. Other Topics You Might Like
    All floor manager position eliminated today
    A-Team Positions Will be Coming Up in Las Vegas For 2nd Store
    Any Sup. positions cut at your store?
    I'm sure this is still being done in stores.
    Is fry's being built in riverside ?
    •  
      CommentAuthoryeahyeah
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th 2013
    When your ex wife demands to see the "real" books in court, you pay out on a 2.5 mill sexual harassment case, you get re married, your moron brothers throw money around like its going out of style, you can't pay the vendors the money they are owed, Omar bank rolls Las Vegas and other cities on your dime. Shit adds up quick and I'm sure Jet fuel is expensive to get to those private islands to stash what money he does have laying around....just sayin.
    •  
      CommentAuthor034CSV
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st 2013
    Today they eliminated some of the supervisor positions around the store. One from AV and one from Computers that I know of. Anyone know of any more?I don't repeat gossip.... so listen carefully
  2.  permalink
    034CSV: Today they eliminated some of the supervisor positions around the store. One from AV and one from Computers that I know of. Anyone know of any more?
    Have they reduced the number of commissioned sales positions yet?
    •  
      CommentAuthor034CSV
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd 2013
    Nope just adding to it. Every department is down to 2 supervisors except for appliances which now has 1. Everyone is going to sales.I don't repeat gossip.... so listen carefully
  3.  permalink
    In my department, we're going to have just the department manager and supervisor 1. The rest of the supervisors and MTs are going to sales.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAviator08
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd 2013
    It's really sad to see all these cuts being made
  4.  permalink
    They make the cafe close at 7pm now. Have they no dignity?
    •  
      CommentAuthor034CSV
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2013
    Guest: They make the cafe close at 7pm now. Have they no dignity?

I know. That's a lot of lost money lost.I don't repeat gossip.... so listen carefully
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2013
    Sounds like Fried is in deep serious financial bandini with all these positions being eliminated. Sounds like a last ditch effort to reduce expenses and eliminate the financial bleeding. Could this be the beginning of the end of Fry's? One can only hope.
    •  
      CommentAuthorPunkzilla
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2013
    Obi-Wan, you are our only hope.I shit trains, Now what?
  5.  permalink
    ObiWan: Sounds like Fried is in deep serious financial bandini with all these positions being eliminated. Sounds like a last ditch effort to reduce expenses and eliminate the financial bleeding. Could this be the beginning of the end of Fry's? One can only hope.
    I'd say so. I'd give Fry's 1-2 more years. Even if Fry's were competently run, the consumer electronics retail sector is going the way of the record store. Even sales taxes on Amazon.com purchases won't ameliorate the online stores' comparative advantage. Fry's is being spanked by the Invisible Hand. The only thing I wonder is: why is Radio Shack still around?
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2013
    Chris_Tomkinson:
    ObiWan: Sounds like Fried is in deep serious financial bandini with all these positions being eliminated. Sounds like a last ditch effort to reduce expenses and eliminate the financial bleeding. Could this be the beginning of the end of Fry's? One can only hope.
    I'd say so. I'd give Fry's 1-2 more years. Even if Fry's were competently run, the consumer electronics retail sector is going the way of the record store. Even sales taxes on Amazon.com purchases won't ameliorate the online stores' comparative advantage. Fry's is being spanked by the Invisible Hand. The only thing I wonder is: why is Radio Shack still around?

You don't have to face door nazi's at Radio Shack...or Best Buy.
  6.  permalink
    I work at the Oxnard store. The SUP/Management team was slashed like crazy about a year and some change ago. Components has a DM and 1 SUP, Computers a DM and 2 sups, Software just a SUP but the Manager position is open. Service has DM and a sup, AV has a DM and 1 SUP, and A/W has a manager and a SUP. Customer Service Manager, Audit Manager, and Receiving Manager were all eliminated on the same day. The receiving manager was reinstated about 6 months ago and the audit manager was brought back like 3 weeks ago. It looks like all the other stores are now following what we went though already. Good luck!
  7.  permalink
    Receiving team was hit hard too. There are two receiving SUPs total and 3 receiving coordinators. We have been running like this for over a year.There used to be a rec sup for each dept... Not anymore. Those guys are gonna be forced to go to sales or quit, just like everyone else who gets their position eliminated. The store was able to still function with all the cutbacks, and now they are rolling it out to everyone. Better start job hunting now
    •  
      CommentAuthorFrenchyFry
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2013 edited
    Maybe Fry's time left will be measured by a Jury as to when the next Jury Verdict comes in With a Multi Million Dollar Verdict Against Fry's.  

The company can no longer afford to pay Multi Million Dollar Verdicts for Sexual Harassment, Employee Company Wide Lawsuits, or Battery on a customer for a Petty Theft.  

No Insurance Company will Continue to Insure them...
    •  
      CommentAuthorJuliaMoran
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th 2013
    Guest: They make the cafe close at 7pm now. Have they no dignity?

They have no dignity That's my dept and my paycheck!
  8.  permalink
    At least Micheal Downer at store 31 is finally gone. lol lazy peice of shit did nothing but hit on younger chicks good luck to him but fuck frys. One of the things that I learned at Fry's was once you have left the company or been let go you go to something better doesn't matter what field its in just you move up in life after all the bs you had to go through. Good luck the people that are still there and if your thinking about leaving get out before economy turns to shit again. This is my last post on this forum thanks for keeping me entertained folks i truly enjoyed the people the last 6 years at downers grove.

Cheers
    always keep looking forward to the next challenge :D!
  9.  permalink
    As well as i enjoyed all of your comments and inputs especially rolf_copter and obi lol peace