Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthor034CSV
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st 2013
    So whats this I hear about our weekly pay going onto Pay Cards now? Whats to stop Fry's from charging hidden fees for card usage?I don't repeat gossip.... so listen carefully
  1. Other Topics You Might Like
    Another Multi Million Dollar Payout ? Fry's Security Beats Shoplifter ( Picture )
    Another reminder: Flea Loves the cock
    (yet another) Unemployment Denial - Gunna appeal, advice?
    Another Omar Siddiqui? (Thief)
    another department manager bites the dust at 27
    •  
      CommentAuthorAviator08
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st 2013
    I heard its only for people who are not on direct deposit. So your options would be DD or the card.
  2.  permalink
    What if there are times when you need cash instead? Can you just walk up to some random ATM and withdraw?
    •  
      CommentAuthor034CSV
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd 2013
    I've been told by a few managers that the pay card has fees if you try to use it at an ATM. I would hope Fry's wouldn't be so stupid to use cards with hidden fees.I don't repeat gossip.... so listen carefully
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    034CSV: I would hope Fry's wouldn't be so stupid to use cards with hidden fees.

Yeah...Fried would be that stupid....they'll screw over anyone they can.  

Where I work (NOT Fry's), we get regular bonuses (for "customer" satisfaction, making the best places to work list, etc.) every couple of months. The bonuses go to a debit card that each employee has been given.
    •  
      CommentAuthor034CSV
    ObiWan:

Where I work (NOT Fry's), we get regular bonuses (for "customer" satisfaction, making the best places to work list, etc.) every couple of months. The bonuses go to a debit card that each employee has been given.

First... Is this business in Texas? Second.... Are they hiring?I don't repeat gossip.... so listen carefully
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    they should give you the Rush Card. Commercials claim you get paid faster. http://www.rushcard.com
  3.  permalink
    I hear they use it at wal-mart too..employees can actually go to a register there and ask the cashier for cash back
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    034CSV:
    ObiWan:

First... Is this business in Texas? Second.... Are they hiring?

Yes - I work in the healthcare field in the Texas Medical Center, and yes...there are quite a number of non-clinical positions available.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2013
    Oh dear god, this is hilarious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsomeone
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2013
    A lot of places are ditching the old tech(checks) and going with new tech(cash cards). This is nothing new. My wife's job has been using this for the last few years now and my work just started last year.Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!
  4.  permalink
    anyone ever heard of direct deposit?
  5.  permalink
    I am honestly surprised every time I hear that someone actually gets a physical paycheck or those cash cards. Why the fuck wouldn't you get direct deposit setup? I refuse to believe anyone holding a stead job does not have a checking account they can have funds deposited to.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2013
    Every time I see those pay cards or prepaid cash cards on television I am reminded about how stupid people are being scammed by these predatory banks.  
    These cards have a bunch of hidden fees, yearly fees, monthly fees, withdrawal and deposit fees.  
    Even big banks are cheaper.. they will charge you if you don't have direct deposit but you can bank at a credit union instead where fees are $0. I have California Coast Credit Union and I can bank for free at 7/11s ATMs or any credit union throughout the country.  
    Smart people get a credit union all the way.