Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMylo7
    • CommentTimeMar 18th 2013
    It's been at least a week or so since positions were eliminated from Fry's stores. As sales, I'm averaging at barely $9/hr, leaving me with a $3.50 paycut from being at the returns line. Are you guys having any better luck than me? Job-hunting is pretty tough in my area.
    •  
      CommentAuthorPunkzilla
    • CommentTimeMar 21st 2013
    Well I picked to be a cashier. It was a $5 pay-cut for me. I'll update on my next paycheck on what I get after having commission.I shit trains, Now what?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMylo7
    • CommentTimeMar 22nd 2013
    Punkzilla: Well I picked to be a cashier. It was a $5 pay-cut for me. I'll update on my next paycheck on what I get after having commission.

Ouch. What department did you transfer from? At least you still have hourly though. Do cashiers there still make around $9-10/per hour?
    •  
      CommentAuthorPunkzilla
    • CommentTimeMar 22nd 2013
    Mylo7: Ouch. What department did you transfer from? At least you still have hourly though. Do cashiers there still make around $9-10/per hour?

I transferred from returns. It's $8/hr + like .12% commission on every item rung up. Which is about $1.20 every $1,000.I shit trains, Now what?
  1.  permalink
    ^^^^^^ .018% Commission
    •  
      CommentAuthorPunkzilla
    • CommentTimeMar 24th 2013
    Guest: ^^^^^^ .018% Commission

My bad.I shit trains, Now what?
    •  
      CommentAuthorr3j3ct
    • CommentTimeMar 24th 2013 edited
    That's some shitty ass pay for cashiers. At first I thought they made decent $$ because they are "commissioned"... heh.  

I went from a merchandiser to computer sales. I used to make $8 an hour but now I've been averaging $15-20 an hour for the entire week... including all the hits I take. It ain't that hard, all you gotta do is hustle like crazy and know how to filter out the customers who are just there to "look" at merchandise.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMylo7
    • CommentTimeMar 25th 2013
    r3j3ct:I went from a merchandiser to computer sales. I used to make $8 an hour but now I've been averaging $15-20 an hour for the entire week... including all the hits I take. It ain't that hard, all you gotta do is hustle like crazy and know how to filter out the customers who are just there to "look" at merchandise.

This. How exactly does one sort customers out by buyers and window shoppers?
    •  
      CommentAuthorr3j3ct
    • CommentTimeMar 27th 2013
    Mylo7:
    r3j3ct:I went from a merchandiser to computer sales. I used to make $8 an hour but now I've been averaging $15-20 an hour for the entire week... including all the hits I take. It ain't that hard, all you gotta do is hustle like crazy and know how to filter out the customers who are just there to "look" at merchandise.

This. How exactly does one sort customers out by buyers and window shoppers?

- Elderly white people are usually the ones who come in to buy something. They are either scared to shop online or want something they can touch/feel. Most of the time they are either disabled in some way or just needing somebody to guide them.  
    - Middle aged white people, especially with a family usually end up buying something, and if approached correctly, will buy the PSC as well.  
    - Asians (especially Indians) come in either for the ad items which don't pay, or something on the next level of "cheap". Of course, they never buy the PSC either so I usually stay away from those people. Oh, did I mention they are also rude as fuck?  
    - Hispanics... kinda mixed, hard to tell. Some are like Asians... others are actually willing to buy warranties depending on how cheap it is.  
    - Youngsters are just there to fuck around, don't mess with them.  
    - Black people usually cheap as fuck too, hardly know anything about technology, and will tend to bog you down with stupid questions. It's ok to approach them, but back off if things don't look promising.  
    - Jews... don't even get me started :face-plain:  

Stereotypes are true, don't underestimate it!  

Bottom line, don't spend more than 5-10 minutes with a customer at a time, ESPECIALLY when it's busy... you could be missing a lot of big sale opportunities. I can tell if somebody plans to buy something or is fairly hesitant by just looking at the way they act and the way they talk. Move from customer to customer, hustle, and prepare to do A LOT of walking around. That usually gets you more $$ than anything.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBest Buy
    The people that have been pushed into sales in our store have no business being there. The receiving guy that was pushed into computer sales in our store has never used a home personal computer in his life. He made maybe 20 bucks last week in 5 days. I wonder if he'll last the full 7 weeks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorr3j3ct
    Best Buy: The people that have been pushed into sales in our store have no business being there. The receiving guy that was pushed into computer sales in our store has never used a home personal computer in his life. He made maybe 20 bucks last week in 5 days. I wonder if he'll last the full 7 weeks.

At my store, they actually had the chance to choose what department they wanted to go to. The people who weren't willing to do sales got moved to being a cashier.
  2.  permalink
    Wait..you guys was making 12/hr at returns?
    •  
      CommentAuthorPunkzilla
    Guest: Wait..you guys was making 12/hr at returns?

Our store we were making $13/hr in returns.I shit trains, Now what?
    •  
      CommentAuthor034CSV
    • CommentTimeMar 29th 2013
    Punkzilla:
    Guest: Wait..you guys was making 12/hr at returns?

Our store we were making $13/hr in returns.

We were making $14.50, it was a pretty bad pay cut when we went to sales.I don't repeat gossip.... so listen carefully
    •  
      CommentAuthorOminex
    • CommentTimeApr 1st 2013 edited
    I came from being a service cordinator at store 22 in Austin, TX. Though i was more of a long term "uncertified tech" because i didnt have my Mac Cert. They really are kicking themselves in the ass, because out of the two laptop techs they had, i was one of them. Now they only have one, and he is verry overloaded.  
    I was orriginally in A/V sales so going back isnt all that bad, however, since they dont pay us anything, they keep too many people on the floor. im making about what i was making as a corrdinator though, which is ok. Hopefully i get to move back by the end of April. :face-smile:  
    That will be nice. ill just have 90 days to go get my Mac Cert.
    •  
      CommentAuthorr3j3ct
    • CommentTimeApr 8th 2013
    Ominex: I came from being a service cordinator at store 22 in Austin, TX. Though i was more of a long term "uncertified tech" because i didnt have my Mac Cert. They really are kicking themselves in the ass, because out of the two laptop techs they had, i was one of them. Now they only have one, and he is verry overloaded.  
    I was orriginally in A/V sales so going back isnt all that bad, however, since they dont pay us anything, they keep too many people on the floor. im making about what i was making as a corrdinator though, which is ok. Hopefully i get to move back by the end of April. :face-smile:  
    That will be nice. ill just have 90 days to go get my Mac Cert.

Yep, way too many sales people on the floor and barely any customers. They're trying to get even more sales people onto the floor right now, on top of the already overloaded sales staff. Setting us up for failure I must say.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRobbie7
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2013
    R3J3CT... your black person comment,,,, made my night. thanks
    •  
      CommentAuthorAnakin
    • CommentTimeJul 26th 2013
    I used to be in returns too. After the cuts, I was put in Computer Sales for a few months. I was never in the draw, but I still took a pretty bad paycut. A few months into it though, and I was able to become a Service Tech, which still sucks because we're severely understaffed in that department. It's a shame though. We lost a lot of good people from returns to sales.
    •  
      CommentAuthorPunkzilla
    • CommentTimeJul 30th 2013
    I'm barely living pay check to pay check after my move to front check out. My fault moving to cashiering. Been trying to get somewhere else. Not wanting to risk going to sales.I shit trains, Now what?
    •  
      CommentAuthorGuest 644
    • CommentTimeJul 31st 2013
    What risk is there? You barely make over minimum wage as it is right now. The draw keeps you at at least minimum and you have 7 weeks to figure out how to sell or find a new job. I've seen plenty of people get unemployment after getting canned due to the draw.
    •  
      CommentAuthorr3j3ct
    • CommentTimeAug 1st 2013
    4 former returns associates who were forced to Computer Sales in my store have officially all been fired or quit. The last one quit just a week ago. They were all cool people. Sad indeed.
    •  
      CommentAuthorPunkzilla
    • CommentTimeAug 12th 2013
    Guest: What risk is there? You barely make over minimum wage as it is right now. The draw keeps you at at least minimum and you have 7 weeks to figure out how to sell or find a new job. I've seen plenty of people get unemployment after getting canned due to the draw.

The risk of getting into draw, not making PSC sales, etc.I shit trains, Now what?