Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCaladonRae
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2013 edited
    CUSTOMERS!:  

*Yes, I DO care if you found everything okay  
    *Yes, I DO care how your day went or how it is currently going.  
    *Yes, I CAN do price matching, but you really should have gone to the responsible department. They can make a quote for it there instead of me having to do it on the phone for you (the customer). This takes at least 15 minutes and while the line piles up, I'm still stuck with your cheap ass.  
    *No, I cannot give you a discount. Ask your sales guy BEFORE you get to me.  
    *I am overworked, under paid, and am lacking sleep because of fucked up hours. Please understand this, it makes my day when you care for five seconds.  
    *If you've never written a check with us before, it'll take anywhere between 10 to 30 minutes. I DO have to check things and verify information. I am NOT wasting your time. I am doing my job. You know, the one you pay for by buying things?  
    *Yes, our registers have a debit LIMIT. It cuts our transaction costs down. I CAN switch it, but it'll cost me in the long run.  
    *Don't assume that because I'm a cashier, that I don't know what I'm talking about. Even more so when I'm a female cashier. I know what RAM will work best for you and Windows 8 sucks. Still can't downgrade? Should have listened to the "stupid cashier".  

SALES GUYS!:  

*DON'T ASSUME I DON'T KNOW HOW TO DO MY JOB. Your job is to sell things, not make my day a living hell. Fry's is hell enough.  
    *If you have a problem with a quote, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, either figure it out before the customer gets there, or let me know so I can get a supervisor involved!  
    *If you DON'T give me the BX sticker number, I CAN'T PUT IT IN. Don't make me call back there to get a number. You're only wasting my time and that of the customers.  
    *If you threaten my job, I WILL have my DM talk to yours. You have no right threatening me because your sale went downhill or wasn't what you wanted.  
    *If your customers threatens me, I will point them to you. I am not the one who fucked up by selling something they didn't need/want/won't work with what they have.  
    *I do NOT play favorites. Some do, but I don't. Also, I am not some 'piece of ass' you can just chase until you tap it. Get over yourself.  

-More to come-
  1. Other Topics You Might Like
    17 Confessions Of Staples Drones
    27 Confessions Of A Former Circuit City Worker
    Fry's Electronics Settles Male Cashier's Sex Bias Claims
    Cashiers at store 27 are getting written up for not opening up Fry's Cardss
    Cashier Dress Code?
    •  
      CommentAuthorr3j3ct
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2013
    Threaten you? lol... not my thing. If I find out which cashier does not scan my quote, I won't say a thing. I'll just wait till you're off and drag you to the back of the store and practice my Ju Jitsu on you :face-devil-grin:  

Haven't had to do that... yet. All the cashiers at my store are obedient little monkeys and hasn't failed to scan a quote... YET :face-plain:
    •  
      CommentAuthorCaladonRae
    r3j3ct: Threaten you? lol... not my thing. If I find out which cashier does not scan my quote, I won't say a thing. I'll just wait till you're off and drag you to the back of the store and practice my Ju Jitsu on you :face-devil-grin:  

Haven't had to do that... yet. All the cashiers at my store are obedient little monkeys and hasn't failed to scan a quote... YET :face-plain:

Now see, you're polite about it. Some of the guys at my store are complete assholes and will tear my department in half if they find out one of us didn't use the quote provided.
    •  
      CommentAuthorr3j3ct
    CaladonRae:
    r3j3ct: Threaten you? lol... not my thing. If I find out which cashier does not scan my quote, I won't say a thing. I'll just wait till you're off and drag you to the back of the store and practice my Ju Jitsu on you :face-devil-grin:  

Now see, you're polite about it. Some of the guys at my store are complete assholes and will tear my department in half if they find out one of us didn't use the quote provided.

Well of course, you are denying them their pay. Most people (including me of course) will freak out if you mess with their monies.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCaladonRae
    r3j3ct:
    CaladonRae:

Well of course, you are denying them their pay. Most people (including me of course) will freak out if you mess with their monies.

Here's the thing. I've never missed an 'earned' quote. I turned down one because he was commission hunting, which I'm not down with, and only when the customer asked me to. Boy, they were mad.
    •  
      CommentAuthorr3j3ct
    • CommentTimeApr 30th 2013
    Define "commission hunting", and what did the customer say? Clearly he/she was probably a lousy salesman if you have to "hunt" your commissions lol. I make every sale seem like I'm not even on commission, and never had any problems with customers carrying the quote up to the cashiers and the cashiers scanning them.
  2.  permalink
    CaladonRae:
    r3j3ct:
    CaladonRae:

Here's the thing. I've never missed an 'earned' quote. I turned down one because he was commission hunting, which I'm not down with, and only when the customer asked me to. Boy, they were mad.

That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard another Cashier say. "Commission Hunting" are you fucking serious? Wow. Just scan the quote and do the damn transaction. If you have a problem with it than say something to the DM and if the Customer has a problem with it than just ring him up and direct him to the Store Manager so he can complain.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCaladonRae
    • CommentTimeMay 2nd 2013
    SDCherryPicker:
    CaladonRae:
    r3j3ct:
    CaladonRae:

That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard another Cashier say. "Commission Hunting" are you fucking serious? Wow. Just scan the quote and do the damn transaction. If you have a problem with it than say something to the DM and if the Customer has a problem with it than just ring him up and direct him to the Store Manager so he can complain.

Thank you for proving my point. I am not the one who came up with the term 'commission hunting', so you can stop being a dick.
    •  
      CommentAuthorskullywag
    • CommentTimeMay 2nd 2013
    Gotta say....laying it on a little thick with the poor cashier shtick.  

Although I rarely shop at Frys now (only when I HAVE to have a part TODAY)...I learned years ago to never write a check at Frys because of their 1970's policies and their half wit cashiers. Example:  
    Cashier: Do you have phone number?  
    Me: It's on the check.  
    Cashier: Drivers license number?  
    Me: It's on the check.  
    Cashier: I need a second phone number  
    Me: I only have one  
    Cashier : I have to have a second phone number  
    Me: 555-1212  
    Cashier: OK I'll be right back  
    Cashier (10 mins later) Oh, I'm sorry I have to get approval  
    Cashier (5 mins later) Do you have a phone number?  
    Me: How many times do I have to tell you to read the check?  

FINALLY I'm allowed to leave the god forsaken store I made the mistake of writing a $29 check in.  

Credit cards? not much better. This store that sells state of the art computers does not have the scratch for a card reader for the customers. I'm not fond of handing my credit card (with security code on back) to a stranger.  
    I can go to the kwiki mart a block away, swipe my card for $100 worth of gas, and be through with the transaction in 30 seconds. I can write a check there, and be out in 3 mins.  
    I can see how Frys checkout process might not bring out the best in people. But that's the job you chose.
  3.  permalink
    I'm not sure which is more ridiculous: Fry's paranoid and retarded check acceptance policies, or old grampa Skullywag paying with a paper check like it's 1955.
  4.  permalink
    Sales people you don't deserve a commission when I hunt down the parts I need, information I need, and tools, and I only have to come to you because you've got it locked up.
    No you can't get commission on everything else in my cart, you didn't help me find it, get it , select it.
    And no I don't want the extended warranty on this $25 router.
    And for gods sakes, update your Check Cashing system, our company has ran thousands through your system, it shouldn't take that friggin long to process the check. You're an electronics super store, update your equipment to something from this century.
    •  
      CommentAuthorr3j3ct
    • CommentTimeMay 7th 2013
    Guest: Sales people you don't deserve a commission when I hunt down the parts I need, information I need, and tools, and I only have to come to you because you've got it locked up.  
    No you can't get commission on everything else in my cart, you didn't help me find it, get it , select it.  
    And no I don't want the extended warranty on this $25 router.  
    And for gods sakes, update your Check Cashing system, our company has ran thousands through your system, it shouldn't take that friggin long to process the check. You're an electronics super store, update your equipment to something from this century.

....... and that's the reason people like you are douchebags. OK, so we didn't help you find the items... good deal. We offer you the extended warranties because #1 It puts food on our tables, and #2 It is a job REQUIREMENT from us, so we are supposed to offer it to you. So what if we ring up everything else in your cart? All it does is give you a quote that covers ALL of your items so you can checkout much more efficiently. If we didn't ring you up a quote, you'd have to do the same fucking thing at the cashiers, grab every single item out and have them scan it. Either way, you spend roughly the same amount of time in the store. First option helps all of us, which makes all of us happy. Second option proves you are a douchebag and do not care about other people's well beings.  

Also, ripping on Fry's for being ancient with our check system is completely understandable. I laugh at our old systems every single day I work there. But your company is apparently ancient as well if you're still using checks :face-smile:
    •  
      CommentAuthorGuest 7781
    • CommentTimeMay 8th 2013
    You do realize that even if "everything" is on the quote, it is still a requirement for front check out to go through every item?

So like the guy said, stop trying to get commission off items you did not help find.
    •  
      CommentAuthorr3j3ct
    • CommentTimeMay 8th 2013
    Guest: You do realize that even if "everything" is on the quote, it is still a requirement for front check out to go through every item?  

So like the guy said, stop trying to get commission off items you did not help find.

I do not, genius. All I'm saying is don't get irritated with us because we're "commission hunting" when we're actually doing our jobs, like offering you that little PSC on that router (which btw is a great deal considering how cheap it is for routers and the fact that it's an INSTANT EXCHANGE service contract). So we ask you to ring up everything else in your cart... SO WHAT? Ask yourself, does it hurt you at all? Are you REALLY in that much of a rush that you can't spare the couple extra seconds for us to do that for you?  

Like I said, douchebags. I'm glad I haven't had to deal with anybody like you yet. How would you like it if I came to your place of work and someway or another denied your pay?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAnakin
    • CommentTimeMay 9th 2013 edited
    r3j3ct:
    Guest: You do realize that even if "everything" is on the quote, it is still a requirement for front check out to go through every item?  

I do not, genius. All I'm saying is don't get irritated with us because we're "commission hunting" when we're actually doing our jobs, like offering you that little PSC on that router (which btw is a great deal considering how cheap it is for routers and the fact that it's an INSTANT EXCHANGE service contract). So we ask you to ring up everything else in your cart... SO WHAT? Ask yourself, does it hurt you at all? Are you REALLY in that much of a rush that you can't spare the couple extra seconds for us to do that for you?  

Like I said, douchebags. I'm glad I haven't had to deal with anybody like you yet. How would you like it if I came to your place of work and someway or another denied your pay?

Of course, another method that Fry's can go through is to completely overhaul their pay system, eliminating all commissions. They'll still pay merchandisers $8/hr but sales associates would get roughly $10. The beauty of it is that the new pay-rate would make all the lying "shark" salesmen to VQ, leaving in more openings. For college students, $10/hr is perfect for them. Not to mention, they're more younger, more informative, and more energetic. Less older aggressive salesmen, more younger, fresher ones. Not to mention, with the way a lot of salesmen at my store are averaging hourly, it would also save the company more money.  

In a sense, everyone would win this way. Fry's would still have a long way to go though. :face-monkey:
    •  
      CommentAuthorr3j3ct
    • CommentTimeMay 9th 2013
    Merchandisers are at $8/hour, yes... pretty underpaid. Most sales associates average a bit over $10. I average $15-20 depending on my luck and how active I feel... so I'd prefer the commission system personally over flat rate hourly, because they won't likely pay you as much hourly than what I make in commission.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAnakin
    • CommentTimeMay 10th 2013 edited
    r3j3ct: Merchandisers are at $8/hour, yes... pretty underpaid. Most sales associates average a bit over $10. I average $15-20 depending on my luck and how active I feel... so I'd prefer the commission system personally over flat rate hourly, because they won't likely pay you as much hourly than what I make in commission.

The fixed hourly rate isn't for everyone. But it will promote better customer service by weeding out the money-hungry sharks out on the floor. A certain Fry's store I usually go to has a special team of Mohameds that will literally rob you of your money if you don't know what you're looking for.  

Or at the very least, Fry's should bring the pay back to $8/hr plus commission, while cutting salesmen who aren't consistently meeting goals. Currently, management will simply write you up for as many times as you don't make your goals, while only firing you if you remain in the draw for so long.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAnakin
    • CommentTimeMay 12th 2013 edited
    [Comment was removed by user]
  5.  permalink
    I've only had a salesman try to "commission hunt" me once in two decades of shopping at Frys. I had already selected a few PS3 games and was wandering the aisle looking for one more for a gift. Salesguy comes up and asks me the usual "can I help you" and almost immediately follows up with whether he could write up a quote for what was already in my basket. It was pretty embarrassing. Here's a grown adult who possibly has no more productive way to earn a living than to take commission on a sale he didn't make. After that, I didn't visit Frys for a whole month. The thought of enabling that kind of leeching was just saddening.
  6.  permalink
    If this is the kind of bullshit I have to put up with at Fry's, I'll take my business elsewhere...
  7.  permalink
    Times are hard. This is how we (the salesmen and women) make a living. Some of us have families to support. If we don't write quotes, we don't get paid. If no one has written a quote for your items, why not let the associate who politely asks, write a quote for the items?

If the associate doesn't get the commission, the money goes back to Fry's anyway and the associate loses out then gets written up or possibly suspended for poor sales numbers.

This job can be difficult. Some customers just don't understand and some don't give a rat's ass how commissioned sales work. This job (selling and making commission) is like begging for a living and most of us hate having to do it. Some of us though have learned to deal with all the hurdles thrown at us by management AND customers and put up a polite and helpful persona everyday so the customer(s) feel comfortable shopping at Fry's. They do after all pay our salaries.
  8.  permalink
    I ve been working at Fry's for 3 years, and Im the top sales person in my department. Computers Department. I wont say which store. There are customers that come in, for example, to the battery back up aisle, and refuse to let you help them. Fact: It is my job to know more than you, so I more than likely can expedite the process of finding what you are looking for. But some people rather be douchebags and refuse to let you help them.

As far as the commission hunting thing...I used to hunt down every single thing i saw without a quote. Most of the time, customer did not let me write it up, and when they did, it really wasnt worth it. So I decided to stop doing that, because its basically begging and its fairly embarrassing. However, if you have an item in your hand that pays 30 bucks, you better be damn sure im gonna attach a quote it, not matter what i takes. So, I didnt help you with it. Only reason why its because I didnt see you. Had I seen you approach the product, I would have immediately helped you, because Im the kind of sales person who does cherry pick. I help every single customer, whether they are standing in the gaming computer aisle, or the pencils aisle. It makes me money, it allows you to keep track of your invoice by phone number therefore making it 10 times easier to return if needed, it expedites the process at the register and you help a man trying to feed his family put food on his table. What does it cost? Less than 60 seconds. I dont know about other people, but that's how quickly I can write a quote in the POS.

And third, Im not a money hungry shark. Im a human being that happens to work as a sales person, and as such it is my responsibility to make sure I sell you the products that suits you the best. Here is the fact of the matter: Because I am entirely commission based, I gotta make sure I sell you the brands I know are the most reliable. How do I determine that? Personal knowledge, research, and the item's return rate within the store. If I sell you something you dont need, you dont like, you dont want, something that gets returned a lot, or that I pushed you too hard to get, there is more than 50% chance the item will get returned. Despite the fact Im the top salesperson, I have one of the lowest return rates. I hardly get my sales returned because I truly know my product, and i know how to properly QUALIFY the customer for said product. I very often have returned customers who are very happy because I sold them something that truly was what they wanted/needed.

And to the cashier that opened this thread, you make a lot of sense, except for one thing: the not scanning the quote thing. So if the customer asks you NOT the scan the quote, fine, Im not gonna complain to you, its not your fault. But if you dont scan the quote for any other reason, then you are at fault. There is a saying in my country (im from mexico) "dont take away that which you cannot give" All cashiers should live by that code when scanning quotes. If you cannot give the salesperson the money that they are gonna make by having the quote scanned, then scan the quote. You dont get to take away money that you are not gonna pay back.
    •  
      CommentAuthorr3j3ct
    • CommentTimeAug 18th 2013
    Guest: I ve been working at Fry's for 3 years, and Im the top sales person in my department. Computers Department. I wont say which store. There are customers that come in, for example, to the battery back up aisle, and refuse to let you help them. Fact: It is my job to know more than you, so I more than likely can expedite the process of finding what you are looking for. But some people rather be douchebags and refuse to let you help them.  

As far as the commission hunting thing...I used to hunt down every single thing i saw without a quote. Most of the time, customer did not let me write it up, and when they did, it really wasnt worth it. So I decided to stop doing that, because its basically begging and its fairly embarrassing. However, if you have an item in your hand that pays 30 bucks, you better be damn sure im gonna attach a quote it, not matter what i takes. So, I didnt help you with it. Only reason why its because I didnt see you. Had I seen you approach the product, I would have immediately helped you, because Im the kind of sales person who does cherry pick. I help every single customer, whether they are standing in the gaming computer aisle, or the pencils aisle. It makes me money, it allows you to keep track of your invoice by phone number therefore making it 10 times easier to return if needed, it expedites the process at the register and you help a man trying to feed his family put food on his table. What does it cost? Less than 60 seconds. I dont know about other people, but that's how quickly I can write a quote in the POS.  

And third, Im not a money hungry shark. Im a human being that happens to work as a sales person, and as such it is my responsibility to make sure I sell you the products that suits you the best. Here is the fact of the matter: Because I am entirely commission based, I gotta make sure I sell you the brands I know are the most reliable. How do I determine that? Personal knowledge, research, and the item's return rate within the store. If I sell you something you dont need, you dont like, you dont want, something that gets returned a lot, or that I pushed you too hard to get, there is more than 50% chance the item will get returned. Despite the fact Im the top salesperson, I have one of the lowest return rates. I hardly get my sales returned because I truly know my product, and i know how to properly QUALIFY the customer for said product. I very often have returned customers who are very happy because I sold them something that truly was what they wanted/needed.  

And to the cashier that opened this thread, you make a lot of sense, except for one thing: the not scanning the quote thing. So if the customer asks you NOT the scan the quote, fine, Im not gonna complain to you, its not your fault. But if you dont scan the quote for any other reason, then you are at fault. There is a saying in my country (im from mexico) "dont take away that which you cannot give" All cashiers should live by that code when scanning quotes. If you cannot give the salesperson the money that they are gonna make by having the quote scanned, then scan the quote. You dont get to take away money that you are not gonna pay back.

Finally, a salesperson who knows what he's talking about.
  9.  permalink
    Is the Forum Truly anonymous? Or can they track your ip address some way some how? Do you need to make an account?
  10.  permalink
    No, nothing like that goes on. The way people get caught posting here is giving too much information that makes it obvious who is posting. You can post whatever you wan't just make sure you don't reveal anything that could pinpoint you.
    •  
      CommentAuthorr3j3ct
    • CommentTimeAug 20th 2013
    Guest: Is the Forum Truly anonymous? Or can they track your ip address some way some how? Do you need to make an account?

The only person who can track your IP is the person who owns and admins this forum, and also the provider of the forum (which is obviously not Fry's). As far as Fry's corporate, they are just as powerless on this forum as the rest of us. Have you noticed how many random names there are? Anyone can be someone... I may even be your boss, who knows!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAnakin
    • CommentTimeAug 20th 2013
    r3j3ct:
    Guest: Is the Forum Truly anonymous? Or can they track your ip address some way some how? Do you need to make an account?

The only person who can track your IP is the person who owns and admins this forum, and also the provider of the forum (which is obviously not Fry's). As far as Fry's corporate, they are just as powerless on this forum as the rest of us. Have you noticed how many random names there are? Anyone can be someone... I may even be your boss, who knows!

Exactly! Am I really Anakin? Or am I really Jar Jar Binks? And what about Obi-Wan? Is that really him in the forum, or is it really just Randy Fry being a troll to us all?
  11.  permalink
    Biggest trolls here are the employees like the "fishies" posting here. "Food on the table", "families to support", "Times are hard".....BOO-HOO! Justifying the sleazy, daily tactics salespeople at Frys use is is pathetic.
    GET A REAL JOB. You know, a days LABOR for a days pay? Frys only attracts slackers for employees....those who are comfortable standing around with their hands in their pockets, until someone happens to walk by they can either lie to, or try to sell some gawd-awful policy they neither need nor want. GET A REAL JOB. You see the folks with REAL jobs have the money you scramble and fight to get a crumb of. But then again, with a REAL job....you would probably to tired to post here day and night? LOL
    •  
      CommentAuthorAnakin
    • CommentTimeAug 21st 2013 edited
    Guest: Biggest trolls here are the employees like the "fishies" posting here. "Food on the table", "families to support", "Times are hard".....BOO-HOO! Justifying the sleazy, daily tactics salespeople at Frys use is is pathetic.  
    GET A REAL JOB. You know, a days LABOR for a days pay? Frys only attracts slackers for employees....those who are comfortable standing around with their hands in their pockets, until someone happens to walk by they can either lie to, or try to sell some gawd-awful policy they neither need nor want. GET A REAL JOB. You see the folks with REAL jobs have the money you scramble and fight to get a crumb of. But then again, with a REAL job....you would probably to tired to post here day and night? LOL

Don't worry guys. I force-choked this guy via internet connection. You won't be seeing anymore punctuation and grammar mistakes from this guy anymore. You're welcome.
    •  
      CommentAuthornfl
    • CommentTimeAug 22nd 2013
    Guest: Biggest trolls here are the employees like the "fishies" posting here. "Food on the table", "families to support", "Times are hard".....BOO-HOO! Justifying the sleazy, daily tactics salespeople at Frys use is is pathetic.  

Calling other people a troll == troll. Wait, does that imply that I am also a troll?
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeAug 22nd 2013
    Thank you my failed Padawan learner. FWIW, I've met Randy Fry. I have NO respect or regard for him.
    •  
      CommentAuthorr3j3ct
    • CommentTimeAug 22nd 2013 edited

I think the biggest trolls here are the people who talk shit under "guest" accounts... :/ BTW a "real job" probably also requires proper grammar... so I guess you're one of those who works behind a cash register? Make sure to count the money correctly or you might get written up or even fired! :face-smile:
    •  
      CommentAuthort0rrent
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd 2013
    ObiWan: Thank you my failed Padawan learner. FWIW, I've met Randy Fry. I have NO respect or regard for him.

The guy was a dick, always trying to intimidate the management every time there was a visit. I just hope they stay in business long enough for the class action lawsuit goes through.
    •  
      CommentAuthorGuest 644
    • CommentTimeAug 25th 2013
    Nobody cares about cashiers. This crybaby OP can go to hell.
  12.  permalink
    I'm usually nice to the cashiers. they can call back to your dept and save a sale if there is a problem, and they can make sure your quote gets scanned correctly. Be an asshole to the cashiers and they might throw away your quote and make sure you get screwed on the commission. I've seen it happen.
    •  
      CommentAuthorGuest 644
    • CommentTimeAug 27th 2013
    Salespeople can't get fired simply for being mean to cashiers. Cashiers can get fired for purposely not using quotes.
    •  
      CommentAuthorr3j3ct
    • CommentTimeAug 27th 2013
    There are more variables that can get a cashier fired than a salesman. The only salesman ever to be fired from my store lied to a customer and talked shit about a product in front of his supervisor. The customer disagreed, got angry, and complained.
    •  
      CommentAuthornfl
    • CommentTimeAug 28th 2013
    Yeah, lying (and getting caught) seems like the only way sales people are fired around there. I knew one guy who was fired for telling a customer that he should purchase the service contract, the reason being that LG was going out of business and their TV wouldn't come with any warranty.
  13.  permalink
    First of all what techie goes to fry's and pays with a check. Tell him there's something called a check card these days that has less fraud and issues like this at frys.

"Of course, another method that Fry's can go through is to completely overhaul their pay system, eliminating all commissions. They'll still pay merchandisers $8/hr but sales associates would get roughly $10. The beauty of it is that the new pay-rate would make all the lying "shark" salesmen to VQ, leaving in more openings. For college students, $10/hr is perfect for them. Not to mention, they're more younger, more informative, and more energetic. Less older aggressive salesmen, more younger, fresher ones. Not to mention, with the way a lot of salesmen at my store are averaging hourly, it would also save the company more money."

What do you think this is Best Buy

@guest 22418

Wow nail on the head, well said coming from a former A/V sup
    •  
      CommentAuthorAnakin
    • CommentTimeOct 10th 2013
    Guest:"Of course, another method that Fry's can go through is to completely overhaul their pay system, eliminating all commissions. They'll still pay merchandisers $8/hr but sales associates would get roughly $10. The beauty of it is that the new pay-rate would make all the lying "shark" salesmen to VQ, leaving in more openings. For college students, $10/hr is perfect for them. Not to mention, they're more younger, more informative, and more energetic. Less older aggressive salesmen, more younger, fresher ones. Not to mention, with the way a lot of salesmen at my store are averaging hourly, it would also save the company more money."  

What do you think this is Best Buy

Of course not. From what I understand, Best Buy pays their salesmen minimum wage. Well, the min. is $8/hr. in California anyways.
  14.  permalink
    @ Anakin

Thats they way Best Buy originally worked they were commissioned sales people then the owners and the company decided to go straight hourly. (way back when like 20 years ago)

BBY employees make more than minimum wage they have a higher starting wage and bonuses. Not to mention a corporate office that is run by intelligent owners and managers. My friend works for the company and is very happy with the way they treat their employees, I was never happy working as a Fry's employee. Thats the difference between a private company like Fry's and a public company like Best Buy. Best Buy has an image to retain for their stockholders and the public unlike Fry's.

BTW why is Fry's so secretive, having worked as a sup and having interviewed for a buyer position at home office I don't see whats so secretive with the company. What the fact that vendor spiffs and kickbacks are only given to the company and not the employee? The fact that some buyers barely can speak English even write proper English?
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeOct 11th 2013
    @Guest 45841 Fry's is a privately held corporation, which means that they do not have to make their financial statements public. When I was part of the risk management team that handled their insurance, they refused to release any financial information for insurance underwriting purposes.