Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
  1.  permalink
    At Store #25 we recently had a customer service employee named Amber who was short in her cash drawer $200. Of Course, she was five day suspended. (fired)  
    But, everyone was shocked when we saw her a few days later in the computer department. The official explination was that she "could not be trusted on the cash registers and needed to be transfered to another department." Why wasn't this employee let go for this serious mistake? We have other employees (hard working and honest) that have been asking for transfer from early summer that have still not been honored. If there was a legitimate excuse to rehire her after her five day, then why not first transfer those who deserved it and asked first? There are still plenty of other jobs that can be done by a customer service employee that doesn't requre using the cash register. I feel that this issue upset alot of people.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeJan 14th 2008
    username2117:At Store #25 we recently had a customer service employee named Amber who was short in her cash drawer $200. Of Course, she was five day suspended. (fired)  
    But, everyone was shocked when we saw her a few days later in the computer department. The official explination was that she "could not be trusted on the cash registers and needed to be transfered to another department." Why wasn't this employee let go for this serious mistake? We have other employees (hard working and honest) that have been asking for transfer from early summer that have still not been honored. If there was a legitimate excuse to rehire her after her five day, then why not first transfer those who deserved it and asked first? There are still plenty of other jobs that can be done by a customer service employee that doesn't requre using the cash register. I feel that this issue upset alot of people.

Do her parents own the store? Are they in the mob? Does she have a nice ass?  
    All of these factors may contribute to this 'unexplainable' situation.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeJan 14th 2008
    Never underestimate a nice ass.
  2.  permalink
    The whole story is that she was in fact the victim of a "master" quick change artist. While it does help that the managers love her because she works her butt off (unlike the majority of lazy-ass cashiers at San Marcos), the real reason she was rehired was the careful review of the video LP had of the incident. This was a person who had hit the store multiple times, and it was determined that it was in fact not her fault the money was taken. The transfer was something that was already in process before the money was lost.  

And, in case you think it's purely favoritism by the managers, the whole situation was reviewed and approved by Home Office. The fact that she was "untrustworthy on the register" is merely the company policy when that much money is lost, regardless of the reason.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeJan 15th 2008 edited
    Sasquatch:Never underestimate a nice ass.

hehe thats right.  

InvoluntaryRebellion:While it does help that the managers love her because she works her butt off

shake it!
    •  
      CommentAuthorNaifeh
    • CommentTimeJan 15th 2008 edited
    username2117-  
    Can't think of any reason you haven't been transferred? Obviously her case was expedited, but maybe you should check with your DM again, now that the holiday season has passed and things have calmed down. Have you even tried talking with her about it?
    •  
      CommentAuthorPunkzilla
    • CommentTimeJan 15th 2008
    Amber isn't drop dead gorgeous or anything, but she isn't bad looking. Never hurts to have another female in the Computer Department either. We only have like 3 females in computers.I shit trains, Now what?
  3.  permalink
    you know, after working at that store for so damn long, im not supprised that happened rofl.... gg computers... we are the best....punkzilla is mah bitch. what now..
  4.  permalink
    And it doesn't hurt the fact that she is living with *cough cough* banging one of the managers in Components. It's a joke, a lot of the people working together in departments are BEST FRIENDS, i'm talking only hang out with each other and bottomline let's be honest.....their nerds. Atleast 3/4 of the entire store is geeks or people that game online for example. So if your not within the click your on the outside looking in.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeMar 12th 2008
    Turbo.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSevenup
    • CommentTimeMar 13th 2008
    NewcastleKEG:And it doesn't hurt the fact that she is living with *cough cough* banging one of the managers in Components. It's a joke, a lot of the people working together in departments are BEST FRIENDS, i'm talking only hang out with each other and bottomline let's be honest.....their nerds. Atleast 3/4 of the entire store is geeks or people that game online for example. So if your not within the click your on the outside looking in.

Clique**  

and I wish 3/4ths of the store were geeks, 3/4ths of the people at the store dont even own a computer.  

And yes many people are buddy buddy at fry's which makes it harder for some to get promoted.
  5.  permalink
    DarkCreep:
    NewcastleKEG:And it doesn't hurt the fact that she is living with *cough cough* banging one of the managers in Components. It's a joke, a lot of the people working together in departments are BEST FRIENDS, i'm talking only hang out with each other and bottomline let's be honest.....their nerds. Atleast 3/4 of the entire store is geeks or people that game online for example. So if your not within the click your on the outside looking in.

Clique**  

and I wish 3/4ths of the store were geeks, 3/4ths of the people at the store dont even own a computer.  

And yes many people are buddy buddy at fry's which makes it harder for some to get promoted.

Which location do you work at? At the San Marcos components EVERYONE owns a computer and I think all but maybe a couple (me included) don't game online. Not counting the chicks or some of the cashiers mostly everyone games in some way I'd say
    •  
      CommentAuthorSevenup
    @Newcastle: I was being sarcastic dipshit.
  6.  permalink
    DarkCreep:@Newcastle: I was being sarcastic dipshit.

oh okay chill. I think I just fell into the worst department possible for my personality. I went into Components which is 99% male and I easily have the oldest computer in the department. One of only maybe 3,4 guys that dont game online (I dont game at all right now). I had more knowledge on the Zone Blitz than how to set up a network. So my personality didn't jell well with the guys in the department. Looking back and I kinda knew that going in - I would have done better in another department.
    •  
      CommentAuthorm_tux

You think perhaps you should learn the game by now? If that is the way it goes, then maybe you should be buddy-buddy instead of hiding in the corner.I'm crushing your head... You flathead!
  7.  permalink
    m_tux:

You think perhaps you should learn the game by now? If that is the way it goes, then maybe you should be buddy-buddy instead of hiding in the corner.

I've become friends with atleast 5 of the guys, we talk on the phone and even hang out. And i've even done the whole "let's go to the local bar every thursday after work".
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeMar 15th 2008
    NewcastleKEG:
    DarkCreep:@Newcastle: I was being sarcastic dipshit.

oh okay chill. I think I just fell into the worst department possible for my personality. I went into Components which is 99% male and I easily have the oldest computer in the department. One of only maybe 3,4 guys that dont game online (I dont game at all right now). I had more knowledge on the Zone Blitz than how to set up a network. So my personality didn't jell well with the guys in the department. Looking back and I kinda knew that going in - I would have done better in another department.

Ok, online gaming does not equate to nerdliness, my friend. Everyone plays WOW but does everyone know what FFRP means (and no it does not mean Final Fanstasy Roleplay- if you thought that you arent half a nerd.) Nerdliness comes from years .. .of... Nerd stuff. Not some silly game.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthoromfgninjas
    • CommentTimeMar 16th 2008
    username2117:At Store #25 we recently had a customer service employee named Amber who was short in her cash drawer $200. Of Course, she was five day suspended. (fired)  
    But, everyone was shocked when we saw her a few days later in the computer department.

How is this a promotion?  

From where I'm standing that's a lateral move since both positions pay the same. Furthermore LP reviewed tapes, as did home office, and it was determined that her shortage was due to a scamming customer, not inability.  

Of course you knew that already, right?
    •  
      CommentAuthoromfgninjas
    • CommentTimeMar 16th 2008
    NewcastleKEG:And it doesn't hurt the fact that she is living with *cough cough* banging one of the managers in Components.

Sorry, but I just read this.  

You do realize that there's only one MANAGER of each department right? She is not living with , nor is she banging, the very FEMALE components manger. That would be a Supervisor that tried to date her, and nothing came of it in the end.  

your on the outside looking in.

You + Are = You're
  8.  permalink
    What does it matter? She was $200 short. That was a HUGE mistake. I don't understand how you could possably get scammed, the customer hands you the money, you give them their change. Once the customer leaves, then you put the money they gave you in your drawer so theirs no dispute on how much they gave you. This is BASIC cashier money handling practice. I could guarentee one thing, if that customer came to my register, it woulden't happen to me.  

And yes, this is a promotion. Do you not realize that everyone in customer service hates their job? There is a 7 month wait to transfer out and somehow this person gets her transfer rushed? From day one of my job I've been asking for a transfer, there are people in computers who were hired AFTER me that are already in sales making paychecks three times as big.
    •  
      CommentAuthoromfgninjas
    • CommentTimeMar 18th 2008 edited
    username2117:What does it matter? She was $200 short. That was a HUGE mistake. I don't understand how you could possably get scammed, the customer hands you the money, you give them their change. Once the customer leaves, then you put the money they gave you in your drawer so theirs no dispute on how much they gave you. This is BASIC cashier money handling practice. I could guarentee one thing, if that customer came to my register, it woulden't happen to me.

The point is her register was short because she was scammed, not because she was neglectful. We don't fire people because of what customers do, we fire people for not doing their jobs.  

She was trying to do her job, and she still does a good job, that's why she remains with the company. I would go as far as to say you not understanding that logic is a prime example of why you shouldn't move up in your company.  

And yes, this is a promotion. Do you not realize that everyone in customer service hates their job? There is a 7 month wait to transfer out and somehow this person gets her transfer rushed?

There is no such transfer period and I could list you dozens of employees who transfered out withing the first few weeks of being a cashier.  

Besides, you applied for that job. I never wanted to be a cashier so I specifically applied for a floor position and that's what I got. Sorry, but this is your own fault.  

From day one of my job I've been asking for a transfer, there are people in computers who were hired AFTER me that are already in sales making paychecks three times as big.

Asking for a transfer and deserving one are two different things.  

She was a hard worker who didn't cherry pick, and as such she deserved a second chance. The guys who we've promoted to sales are hard workers who deserved that promotion. Are you sure you're actually deserve to leave Customer Service?
    •  
      CommentAuthoromfgninjas
    NewcastleKEG:Which location do you work at? At the San Marcos components EVERYONE owns a computer and I think all but maybe a couple (me included) don't game online. Not counting the chicks or some of the cashiers mostly everyone games in some way I'd say

This is like complaining because you applied at a butcher shop when you're a vegetarian.  

Why did you get a job at a store that you know nothing about? Further more, why are you bitching about it? It's obviously your own fault that you worked somewhere that didn't cater to your interests.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeMar 18th 2008
    Truth.
    •  
      CommentAuthorusername2117

She was trying to do her job, and she still does a good blowjob, that's why she remains with the company.

Fixed
    •  
      CommentAuthoromfgninjas
    • CommentTimeMar 18th 2008
    It's really sad if you think that's in anyway the reason she's still with us.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSevenup
    • CommentTimeMar 20th 2008
    m_tux:

You think perhaps you should learn the game by now? If that is the way it goes, then maybe you should be buddy-buddy instead of hiding in the corner.

I learned the game and I kissed my fair share of ass.
  9.  permalink
    omfgninjas:
    NewcastleKEG:And it doesn't hurt the fact that she is living with *cough cough* banging one of the managers in Components.

Sorry, but I just read this.  

You do realize that there's only one MANAGER of each department right? She is not living with , nor is she banging, the very FEMALE components manger. That would be a Supervisor that tried to date her, and nothing came of it in the end.  

your on the outside looking in.

You + Are = You're

Oh okay so it's just coincidence that she broke things off with her BF of a year plus and then is seen 24/7 with this supervisor from Components? Then when she was "fired" who do you think came to her rescue? Oh and now they live with each other all of a sudden? I've gone out and drank with these people and Gerald from Computer refered to her as "Wifey" to this supervisor and he didn't correct him.  

Believe me they are banging. Honestly to me, a gothic chick and a 30 something year old Supervisor that is gonna be a Fry's liver - is fine by me. I've gone out and drank with them. If you honeslty don't think they have had sex in the past and or are now then you are a fool.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeMar 22nd 2008
    Pics, son.
    •  
      CommentAuthorPunkzilla
    • CommentTimeMar 22nd 2008
    Man, drama is stupid.:face-plain:I shit trains, Now what?
    •  
      CommentAuthorNaifeh
    • CommentTimeMar 23rd 2008 edited
    I am not too concerned about all this drama, as neither of these cowards have been man enough to EVER confront me on either of these issues. Neither Matt NOR Martin have any room to speak because A. they are both wrong on all accounts, and B. they were both fired, and with good reason. Yes, this is the gothic cashier that was fired/is banging the components manager. She says I am great in bed.  
    Morons.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeMar 23rd 2008
    I want to see a gothic cashier.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorPunkzilla
    • CommentTimeMar 23rd 2008 edited
    Wait, what? Lesbians!? I demand pics!  
    Scissor me timbers.I shit trains, Now what?
    •  
      CommentAuthoromfgninjas
    • CommentTimeMar 26th 2008 edited
    NewcastleKEG:  

Oh okay so it's just coincidence that she broke things off with her BF of a year plus and then is seen 24/7 with this supervisor from Components? Then when she was "fired" who do you think came to her rescue? Oh and now they live with each other all of a sudden? I've gone out and drank with these people and Gerald from Computer refered to her as "Wifey" to this supervisor and he didn't correct him.

Bad news, I've known him for about 8 years and he's a really close friend, so this right here:  

NewcastleKEG:Believe me they are banging. Honestly to me, a gothic chick and a 30 something year old Supervisor that is gonna be a Fry's liver - is fine by me. I've gone out and drank with them. If you honeslty don't think they have had sex in the past and or are now then you are a fool.

Isn't going to suddenly change facts.  

She doesn't live with him. They aren't dating. I know because I'm involved, unlike you. So shut up, you're just talking stupid.
  10.  permalink
    HAHA this is exactly the kind of childish drama run in that store. But honestly what do you expect when the Manager in the Department is barely legal enough to drink. It really is a circus over there. I remember on one occasion I text messaged her (the Manager) about a conflict with my schedule, I had the day off and it was thursday ,when the schedule is sent up. I had seen probably half the deparmtent text message her before. (I got her number from a fellow co worker) So she gave me the day off like I requested THEN days later I am confronted by a fellow co worker asking had I tried to "hit her up" on her phone. NO JOKE. Did not come up to me about it OR mention it when we talked about the schedule change the following day. Instead the manager of the entire department had the nerve to bring it up to a group of other co workers. I didn't even find out til days later. I was going to confront her about it but was advised to "just let it go if I wanted to keep my job". How professional is that? A lot of other stuff goes on that I'm not gonna bring out in public over the internet, but that one incident forever left a bad taste in my mouth. Could the fact that her boyfriend worked in the next Department over and was formerly in this same Department before I started working at the location play a role in all this?  

Getting fired over a sick call is oh so legit of a reason to get canned. Fact remained I was still the newest guy in the Department and the person ultimately making the decision had a hard on to fire me for a long time coming. Like being told numerous times that 'he doesn't like you', including by "gothic chick" (didn''t even work in our department) doesn't make it obvious enough. I went out and had drinks with them so it's not like I didn't try to smooth things over. I'm just laughing at these Fry's lifers stuck in their little Fry's Electronics lives. Only hanging out with, dating and building your entire life around an Electronic store. The kind of drama and stories I came across while at a House Party with them was ridiculous. High school all over again. There is no doubt in my mind that if that Department was better run, compared to the rest of the store I would still be working there. People on TWO probations at the same time, salesman showing up to work drunk, salesman leaving work early whenever they want. So i'm watching this go on and I get canned for a sick call.....  
    Punkzilla:Man, drama is stupid.:face-plain:
  11.  permalink
    AyaHu:I want to see a gothic cashier.

What part about gothic did you not read? Pale white girl with black hair.....
    •  
      CommentAuthoromfgninjas
    • CommentTimeMar 30th 2008
    What's funny is you think even one thing you wrote in that big two paragraph nonsense is true.  

Everyone in the store texts their managers. No one cares that you texted her, except you apparently. Has it ever occurred to you that all of this crazy stuff you're writing about happened only in your head? That it's a big deal to you but no one else? Because that's how it is.  

Also, going out for drinks doesn't make up for being bad at your job.
  12.  permalink
    who did she suck ofi love it when they call me big papa
  13.  permalink
    Damn, she should just file her mouth into her income taxes.  

It probably put in alot of work this year.  

If anyone has her number, kick it down them digits please.
    •  
      CommentAuthorPunkzilla
    • CommentTimeApr 15th 2008
    This thread is still alive?  
    Crap, I just bumped it. :face-plain:I shit trains, Now what?