Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorr3j3ct
    • CommentTimeMay 12th 2013 edited
    Gotta love having the mindset of a shark working for Fry's. Spotted customer in my department (Computers) today with a cart, and in that cart were 10 Netgear R6300 routers. No quote, nothing else. Guy was on the phone for a good 20 minutes, but I followed him around for about half an hour until he finally hung up (Assassins Creed style). Asked him for help. Found out he was just wandering around the department "looking around". Then I proceeded to socialize, manipulate, and ended up writing him a quote for those 10 routers. Chances of return? Very slim, he was buying them for his business... and he swore to Netgear like religion. Cool guy, got to know him, apparently he comes around a lot and buys a lot of expensive stuff. Those Netgear routers paid around $20 a piece... so you do the math. :face-devil-grin:  

Customers like him are rare nowadays. The last customer I had like that bought all of our GTX Titans off our shelves... all 6 of them.
  1. Other Topics You Might Like
    Possibly getting fired for being over on my till, what are my options?
    bEING A VENDOR
    Bad products being marketed by FRY's
    love my job
    With the economy down how secure do you think your job is at Fry's?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBest Buy
    • CommentTimeMay 12th 2013
    I used to love those customers. I used to have a guy that came in and would buy 10 of everything at a time. 10 hard drives, power supplies, video cards, etc. Always high end stuff like 1000w power supplies and the video cards used to pay back then. He was always good for at least $100 for 10 minutes of work. For some reason he liked me and hated most of the other salesmen.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAnakin
    • CommentTimeMay 12th 2013
    r3j3ct: Gotta love having the mindset of a shark working for Fry's. Spotted customer in my department (Computers) today with a cart, and in that cart were 10 Netgear R6300 routers. No quote, nothing else. Guy was on the phone for a good 20 minutes, but I followed him around for about half an hour until he finally hung up (Assassins Creed style). Asked him for help. Found out he was just wandering around the department "looking around". Then I proceeded to socialize, manipulate, and ended up writing him a quote for those 10 routers. Chances of return? Very slim, he was buying them for his business... and he swore to Netgear like religion. Cool guy, got to know him, apparently he comes around a lot and buys a lot of expensive stuff. Those Netgear routers paid around $20 a piece... so you do the math. :face-devil-grin:  

Customers like him are rare nowadays. The last customer I had like that bought all of our GTX Titans off our shelves... all 6 of them.

It sounds like you didn't get a PSC with those routers. I DO NOT TOLERATE FAILURE YOUNG APPRENTICE.
    •  
      CommentAuthorr3j3ct
    • CommentTimeMay 13th 2013
    Anakin:
    r3j3ct: Gotta love having the mindset of a shark working for Fry's. Spotted customer in my department (Computers) today with a cart, and in that cart were 10 Netgear R6300 routers. No quote, nothing else. Guy was on the phone for a good 20 minutes, but I followed him around for about half an hour until he finally hung up (Assassins Creed style). Asked him for help. Found out he was just wandering around the department "looking around". Then I proceeded to socialize, manipulate, and ended up writing him a quote for those 10 routers. Chances of return? Very slim, he was buying them for his business... and he swore to Netgear like religion. Cool guy, got to know him, apparently he comes around a lot and buys a lot of expensive stuff. Those Netgear routers paid around $20 a piece... so you do the math. :face-devil-grin:  

It sounds like you didn't get a PSC with those routers. I DO NOT TOLERATE FAILURE YOUNG APPRENTICE.

LOL well routers come from the components department, and I'm in Computers. We don't get credit off their PSC, unfortunately. Besides, that guy was an IT professional, so I'm sure he'll be fine without a PSC lol.
    •  
      CommentAuthorr3j3ct
    • CommentTimeMay 13th 2013
    My other amazing encounter was probably this one guy who came in and bought all 12 of our ASUS PB278Q monitors, along with a 2 year PSC for all of them. Had some pretty huge sales that same week as well, combination of luck and working hard. Made just a bit over $1k that week.
    •  
      CommentAuthorGuest 7781
    • CommentTimeMay 18th 2013
    I sit on my ass all day at a real job, just browsing the internet and on Facebook.

I make $80k/yr.

So sad shark.
    •  
      CommentAuthorr3j3ct
    • CommentTimeMay 18th 2013
    Guest: I sit on my ass all day at a real job, just browsing the internet and on Facebook.  

I make $80k/yr.  

So sad shark.

Please, brag moar... I wanna hear it and be moar jelly :face-monkey:
  2.  permalink
    Those things pay 16 a piece.
    •  
      CommentAuthorr3j3ct
    • CommentTimeMay 19th 2013
    Guest: Those things pay 16 a piece.

Sounds about right. We have 2K monitors that pay $30+ a piece too :face-smile:
  3.  permalink
    How does following the guy make you a shark?

A shark is someone who either intimidates the other salesmen or walks into their sales and steals them. All you did is what anyone who wants money would do.

What store had 6 titans?
    •  
      CommentAuthorr3j3ct
    • CommentTimeMay 19th 2013
    Guest: How does following the guy make you a shark?  

A shark is someone who either intimidates the other salesmen or walks into their sales and steals them. All you did is what anyone who wants money would do.  

What store had 6 titans?

I do actually steal sales, quite a bit recently too... sorry, if you walk away from your customer then I'm free to pickup where you left off :face-smile: As far as intimidation, I'm 6"4 280 pounds... but I'm generally a nice guy but if I get pissed off I can be quite intimidating :face-devil-grin:  

We only had 6 Titans after we got 3 more transferred in from another store. Customer requested it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsomeone
    • CommentTimeMay 21st 2013 edited
    r3j3ct:

What store had 6 titans?

I do actually steal sales, quite a bit recently too... sorry, if you walk away from your customer then I'm free to pickup where you left off :face-smile: As far as intimidation, I'm 6"4 280 pounds... but I'm generally a nice guy but if I get pissed off I can be quite intimidating :face-devil-grin:  

We only had 6 Titans after we got 3 more transferred in from another store. Customer requested it.

So much for being anonymous to Fry's here. I'm sure they can easily track you down and figure who you are, if they care anymore nowadays. But I think you are full of crapola.. First the customer wanted all 6 items off the shelf... now it's you only had 3, but you got 3 transfered because the customer wanted them? So what is it? Were there 6 on the shelf and the customer saw them and wanted them or did you have 3 but get 3 more transfered for him?Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!
    •  
      CommentAuthorr3j3ct
    • CommentTimeMay 21st 2013
    someone:
    r3j3ct:

What store had 6 titans?

So much for being anonymous to Fry's here. I'm sure they can easily track you down and figure who you are, if they care anymore nowadays. But I think you are full of crapola.. First the customer wanted all 6 items off the shelf... now it's you only had 3, but you got 3 transfered because the customer wanted them? So what is it? Were there 6 on the shelf and the customer saw them and wanted them or did you have 3 but get 3 more transfered for him?

Track me down? Have fun with that LOLOL!!  

He wanted 6, we only had 3... so he asked if it was possible to get more in. We found another store that was willing to transfer, so bam... customer came back when we got them in and I made the sale. Customer never returned it.  

Track me down now... please... I'd love to see that happen :face-smile:
  4.  permalink
    So you are saying that you pick up the scraps that the other salesmen leave behind?
    •  
      CommentAuthorsomeone
    • CommentTimeMay 22nd 2013
    r3j3ct:  
    Track me down? Have fun with that LOLOL!!  

He wanted 6, we only had 3... so he asked if it was possible to get more in. We found another store that was willing to transfer, so bam... customer came back when we got them in and I made the sale. Customer never returned it.  

No.. that is not even close to what you said originally. Here is what you said...  

r3j3ct  
    The last customer I had like that bought all of our GTX Titans off our shelves... all 6 of them.  

what you are saying now:  
    r3j3ct  
    He wanted 6, we only had 3... so he asked if it was possible to get more in.  

You didn't have six on the shelf, which is what you claim the customer bought at first. Now you have him Buying all of your GTX Titans...all 3 of them and then transferring 3 more in to buy a total of 6, which originally is what you claimed the customer to grab off the shelf.  

As far as tracking you down.. I'm sure it'll be pretty simple for Fry's to do so. All they need to do is see who has sold 6 GTX Titans, either in the full 6 quantity to a customer or two transactions of 3 each to the same customer. It's not that hard for them as they do have those records or should have them. It is a relatively easy database search as it's not a commonly sold item and possibly definitely in the quantity of which you claim to have sold. Good Luck with that.Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!
    •  
      CommentAuthorr3j3ct
    • CommentTimeMay 22nd 2013 edited
    Track me down and what? Fire me? For selling 6 Titans? LOL  

As far as my relations go with my supervisors and DM... I'm probably closer to them than anybody else in the department, maybe even store. It'll take more than just a little bit of "shit talking" and "shark behavior" to get me fired. I've done much worse and only received a verbal warning.  

I make too much $$ for the company for them to get rid of me that easily :face-angel:
    •  
      CommentAuthorr3j3ct
    • CommentTimeMay 22nd 2013
    Guest: So you are saying that you pick up the scraps that the other salesmen leave behind?

Nope, I just finish their job for them. Some of them really aren't that bright, sometimes they walk away from a big sale and other times don't know the product etc. I just step in and basically force them into co-selling with me :face-smile:
    •  
      CommentAuthorAnakin
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd 2013
    r3j3ct:
    Guest: So you are saying that you pick up the scraps that the other salesmen leave behind?

Nope, I just finish their job for them. Some of them really aren't that bright, sometimes they walk away from a big sale and other times don't know the product etc. I just step in and basically force them into co-selling with me :face-smile:

And that's why I am no longer in sales. Too many foreign sharks working the sales floor in my case. Speaking of which, there wouldn't happen to be a "Mohamed" anywhere in your real name, would it?
    •  
      CommentAuthorr3j3ct
    Anakin:
    r3j3ct:

And that's why I am no longer in sales. Too many foreign sharks working the sales floor in my case. Speaking of which, there wouldn't happen to be a "Mohamed" anywhere in your real name, would it?

Are you trying to find my true identity? :face-plain: Use your Jedi powers!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAnakin
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd 2013 edited
    r3j3ct:
    Anakin:
    r3j3ct:

Oh, trust me, I know exactly who you are. I just can't show off my powers due to a recent agreement with Disney. Right Obi-Wan?
    •  
      CommentAuthorr3j3ct
    Anakin:
    r3j3ct:
    Anakin:
    r3j3ct:

Oh, trust me, I know exactly who you are. I just can't show off my powers due to a recent agreement with Disney. Right Obi-Wan?

PM me who I am, and I'll PM you back telling you if you're right or not :face-smile:
    •  
      CommentAuthorGuest 7781
    • CommentTimeMay 25th 2013
    Sounds like someone is getting scared.
    •  
      CommentAuthorr3j3ct
    • CommentTimeMay 25th 2013
    Guest: Sounds like someone is getting scared.

Scared of?? Unless somebody posts my real name (first and last) on this forum... I really couldn't care less. Then again, I doubt anybody would ever find out. :face-monkey:
    •  
      CommentAuthorsomeone
    • CommentTimeMay 25th 2013 edited
    r3j3ct:

Scared of?? Unless somebody posts my real name (first and last) on this forum... I really couldn't care less. Then again, I doubt anybody would ever find out. :face-monkey:

Yes because you are full of crap and you never sold 6 GTX Titans to a single customer as that information alone would give Fry's easy information to look up who you are. It depends on whether they care anymore or not if their employees discuss matters on this site or anywhere online though. But well people on this forum finding out.. well that could happen if you did actually sell what you claim to have sold and the cashier who rung up the customer remembered who wrote the quote.Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!
    •  
      CommentAuthorr3j3ct
    • CommentTimeMay 26th 2013
    someone:
    r3j3ct:

Yes because you are full of crap and you never sold 6 GTX Titans to a single customer as that information alone would give Fry's easy information to look up who you are. It depends on whether they care anymore or not if their employees discuss matters on this site or anywhere online though. But well people on this forum finding out.. well that could happen if you did actually sell what you claim to have sold and the cashier who rung up the customer remembered who wrote the quote.

Like I said, until somebody posts my full name on this board or management at my store contacts me about my "shit talk" posts on here... I couldn't care less. Yes, I actually sent 6 Titans out the door, whether you wanna believe it or not. Why should I be concerned about Fry's finding me and taking disciplinary action? I made the store $$ by selling those Titans. I think they'd rather congratulate me than anything else for that sort of achievement. They obviously don't care anymore nowadays... we have a few associates who are literally late EVERY SINGLE DAY of the week, and have been like that for the past 2 months... and guess what, they still work there. I wanna say that Fry's is probably busy concentrating on getting themselves out of the shithole they're in right now to compete with online retailers rather than hunt down individuals who post "shit talk" on public forums don't you think?
    •  
      CommentAuthorGuest 6566
    • CommentTimeMay 28th 2013
    lol you aint no shark. you wouldn't last in AV department at all. computer sales are a bunch of pu$$ies that can't sell for shit. you stalked a customer around the store, watch out, your a shark alright
    •  
      CommentAuthorr3j3ct
    Guest: lol you aint no shark. you wouldn't last in AV department at all. computer sales are a bunch of pu$$ies that can't sell for shit. you stalked a customer around the store, watch out, your a shark alright

It's "YOU'RE a shark"... Let me guess, you skipped your English classes in high school?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAnakin
    r3j3ct:
    Guest: lol you aint no shark. you wouldn't last in AV department at all. computer sales are a bunch of pu$$ies that can't sell for shit. you stalked a customer around the store, watch out, your a shark alright

It's "YOU'RE a shark"... Let me guess, you skipped your English classes in high school?

You forgot to mention his use of "aint", his lack of capital lettering, and his use of profanity. My force choke is hungry for blood and failure, young apprentice.  

Anyways, Guest 6566 sounds like either a high school drop-out of a baby's daddy/mamma, or a Fry's cashier or merchandiser. Granted, I know a lot of good people that are cashiers and merchandisers, but people who act as stupid as Guest 6566 will never go far in a company even as bad as Fry's.