Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorflea
    • CommentTimeJan 15th 2008
    Were loosing alot of sales and customers do to a bad economy...I can't belive how slow its been.Fry's is corrupt I am here to talk about it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorcashier27
    • CommentTimeJan 15th 2008
    its been slow in store 27 too (las vegas)  

so annoying  
    i started doing the paperwork for moparLas Vegas, NV / Store # 27 / Dept. 12
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeJan 16th 2008
    flea:Were loosing alot of sales and customers do to a bad economy...I can't belive how slow its been.

No.  

"We're losing a lot of sales and customers due to a poor economy... I can't believe how slow it's been."  

The economy is not nearly bad enough to affect the amount of people that shop Fry's.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeJan 16th 2008
    We are in a recession people are trying to save money. Most of their cash is going to gas and their higher mortgage cost.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSevenup
    • CommentTimeJan 17th 2008
    @sasquatch: Its not making things horrible, its just harder then before. There are a good chunk of customers staying home then out shopping lately.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Sasquatch:
    flea:Were loosing alot of sales and customers do to a bad economy...I can't belive how slow its been.

No.  

"We're losing a lot of sales and customers due to a poor economy... I can't believe how slow it's been."  

The economy is not nearly bad enough to affect the amount of people that shop Fry's.

This is a true statement. Just because the housing market goes down doesnt mean our economy is in the shits. We put too much merit in that market in the first place. Housing is housing. Its always housing. Bank lenders have always been lying foxes trying to take our money. Its just a new way of doing it to those poor naive people who actually used a sliding rate mortgage. Phoenix metro still has well over 300k job listings, California definitely is not suffering.  
    Gas went up to 100$ a barrel.  
    This also occured in the 80s. At the time gas was so high vs household income that TODAY it would have to go up to 6 dollars a gallon to affect us the way it did when gas went up to 100 per barrel in the 80s. You see, we always have hard times. But 100 dollars per barrel is only 3 dollars a gallon and right now thats not too defective of our economy. Places like Michigan have always ALWAYS had shitty economies, places like Texas have always ALWAYS not had jobs, that is why people move here or to California. Thats how we got populated in the first place. Well, that and we had gold and silver... and copper... and.. a plethora of other valueable minerals and metals. But the mines needed mine workers! They paid then good money, better than any other form of labour at the time.  
    In other words, we arent really doing too bad. Not too bad at all. If its slow its because its slow season. Some years are always slower than others, some years are faster. Its just the way it is. :face-angel:Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorhoward
    I think its just the normal slow season.Howard Dean for America '08
    •  
      CommentAuthorm_tux
    • CommentTimeJan 22nd 2008
    howard:I think its just the normal slow season.

yup.. it should kick back up in mid-febI'm crushing your head... You flathead!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeJan 22nd 2008
    Nothing says I love you like a new hard drive.
    •  
      CommentAuthorflea
    • CommentTimeJan 25th 2008
    ITS FREAKIN SLOW AS FUNK!Fry's is corrupt I am here to talk about it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeJan 27th 2008
    It's just you who is slow
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeJan 27th 2008
    You are wise beyond your years, Yoda.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLiana Mei
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th 2008
    It's been slow at our store too...so much so that it's insane. The "cage monkey" and I were playing tic-tac-toe (my register was the one right in front of the cage), the manager walked by, looked at me, saw my name at the register, looked at the line, looked back at me, and walked off. My light was on and I was in front of the register, so my back was covered. This continued for nearly three hours. And we hardly had any workers so by all rights it should have been as busy as "H=E- double hockey sticks).
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th 2008
    Because of the bad economy Frys has let people go. I think this is the first time in history Fry's has ever fired anyone because of the economy.i am a worm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th 2008
    worm:Because of the bad economy Frys has let people go. I think this is the first time in history Fry's has ever fired anyone because of the economy.

Considering Fry's is only 10 or 11 years old tops.....  

Nonetheless, I hope everyone is smart enough to file unemployment on their ass.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorPunkzilla
    • CommentTimeFeb 19th 2008
    Fry's is actually older than that. It's more about 25 years old as a company.  
    Wikipedia is your friend.I shit trains, Now what?
  1.  permalink
    This is from 2008?  

The more things change, the more they stay the same...