Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
  1.  permalink
    Luis the admin is the only one I know of, but I think that's mainly because he used his real name to post. Current employees, do you get nervous about posting here? I never did when I worked there. Home Office is too busy rearranging deck chairs to do anything about this place.
  2.  permalink
    I don't work at Fry's anymore but I posted here while employed at Fry's.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAnakin
    • CommentTimeMay 30th 2013
    You'd have to be retarded to get fired for posting on any job-related forum. That's why I have such an awesome alias here. :face-monkey: For all you know I could be the ASM in the Renton store.
    •  
      CommentAuthorr3j3ct
    • CommentTimeMay 30th 2013
    I am still employed by Fry's. I post on here regularly. I don't see myself losing my job over it :face-devil-grin:
    •  
      CommentAuthorGuest 5448
    • CommentTimeMay 31st 2013
    I've been "caught" for having a frysforum account but I did not get in trouble for it; my manager just recommended caution when writing about the company. Although the retail stores are public and well known, the corporation is private and many of the information is considered confidential.
  3.  permalink
    Didn't get fired for posting here. You shouldn't get fired for posting here as long as you don't mention names nor any information that's suppose to stay within Fry's.
  4.  permalink
    If you get fired for this, there's a strong possibility of a lawsuit, even though Fry's is an at-will employer. (Not saying you'll win or anything, but you can annoy the hell out of their legal team) Repercussions for posting here would be illegal, but they can sure as fuck make your life a bit worse there.
  5.  permalink
    I just laughed at them when they asked me about it. They couldn't do shit.
    •  
      CommentAuthorGuest 7604
    • CommentTimeJul 5th 2013
    Need help or advise, been with #28 almost 9 years, just got a 5 day! Feel I'm being "singled out". Was told it either going to be "him" or "you"... Guest 28
    •  
      CommentAuthorBest Buy
    • CommentTimeJul 6th 2013
    Guest: Need help or advise, been with #28 almost 9 years, just got a 5 day! Feel I'm being "singled out". Was told it either going to be "him" or "you"... Guest 28

I feel like advising (notice the difference between advise and advice?) you out since you've been so helpful and have given us such a plethora of information regarding your situation.  

If you've done anything wrong that can be proven, you're finished. On the bright side, Shawn does have a history of issuing 5 days that people ended up surviving. So that is in your favor.
    •  
      CommentAuthorGuest 7604
    • CommentTimeJul 13th 2013
    Sorry for so little info,am afraid of retaliation... Still am... I've seen supervisors written up for worse... They've gotten a slap on the wrist, a warning, maybe a one day. Month of June has been hell, with all the cutbacks on the front-lines. Sups and CSA's
    are under the gun. Having a pre-closer & closer doesn't cut it... I worked 8 days straight, with the last 2 days getting ready for MOPAR... Anyway, what's done is done... Soto & Shawn were not to be found. I've got my little Unemployment booklet... But thanks for the response!
  6.  permalink
    I'm originally Guest 7604. My last day was July 8th, 2013. These last couple of months have been hell. Jumped right in, doing the job search... Kept my head held high! "I'm going to survive this..." Got through several 1st
    interviews. No takers. My friends @ #28 tell me that it's a good thing that I'm not there. Fewer cashiers, can't call on the merchandisers, dept. mgrs. are ringing up, sups are being trained to do "audit" duties along with
    everything else. I have researched the Ca. Labor Laws & printed out all forms. Fry's screwed me out of OT from past Black Fridays, missed breaks, paid time off (Yes, according to the Labor Code, Personal Paid Days are the
    same as PTO's. Although the handbook says no.) I feel I need legal advice, no takers there either. The last atty. said that being a supervisor, was different. Rights are not the same. Never mind that I was also bullied, yelled at
    and admonished by my dept. mgr in front coworkers & customers. The last slap in the face was to find out that the cashier that I allegedly gave incorrect change to, is now a supervisor. I'm still looking for the right lawyer.
    Does anyone out there know one??
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeSep 25th 2013
    @Guest 58258 - if you have verifiable documentation on not being paid for OT/breaks/PTO, contact both the EEOC and the law firm handling the Fry's class action lawsuit.
  7.  permalink
    I worked at Frys for almost 7.5 years. I quit near the end of last year. I posted on here several times, but always as a guest. Knowing how they "handle" things if they found out a Supervisor was posting, they probably would have canned me. I quit because of the horrible treatment, the bullshit of making supervisor's sell, and having no time to maintain my advocacy in the manner I had kept it before we had to sell.
  8.  permalink
    Chris_Tomkinson: Luis the admin is the only one I know of, but I think that's mainly because he used his real name to post. Current employees, do you get nervous about posting here? I never did when I worked there. Home Office is too busy rearranging deck chairs to do anything about this place.

Yes, Poor Luis. He was a little too open about his personal info, and it ended up costing him. On the upside, We at this site do NOT share your sign up info with anyone and never will. Your safe here ameego's.
  9.  permalink
    Thanks ObiWan for the advice! This is guest 7604/58258. I've decided to join this merry group! I found the law firm handling the Fry's class action lawsuit. 1st called their toll-free #, very basic info from a nice young lady. She said nothing for me to do. Still pending and investigating. "Fry's associates will be informed..." Went to their web-site, gave them info re: my situation, brief facts. I only wanted a bit of advice, maybe added to their class action case. I received a response, "we regretfully cannot take your case at this time..." I wasn't asking to open a new case. Just thought, maybe, this piece of info might grab their attention. I went over Luis Macias' 5 day suspension counseling notice, granted, it was from 2008. It prompted me to go over mine. My "notice" looked different. Counseling notices were revised on 05/28/2013. Just under the Dept. Mgr. and the S.M. or A.S.M. signatures, is the following statement... NOTE: Signature of Director of Enterprise Risk Management and Benefits Services is required prior to issuing any suspension greater than 3 days. My DM made me copies of my counseling notice and rebuttal page, scanned/sent them to home office, telling me that the matter was still "under investigation", while giving me instructions when to report back, etc. My 5 day suspension was NOT signed by anyone in home office! When I reported back, the A.S.M. regretfully (he and I go way back), gave me a last paycheck (?) and EDD booklet. I have sat on 5 day suspensions (given to female associates) and know the procedure. I wasn't given any other signed paperwork from H.O. or asked to sign anything else (Voluntary Quit)! I wasn't informed of H.O.'s findings or decision. Many long-time associates have made that walk to the mgr.'s office before I was "let go" in July. I'm wondering how many 5 day write-ups were signed by H.O. prior to issuance?? STILL looking for legal advice, any takers?