Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDuck
    • CommentTimeJun 13th 2013
    Okay so I'm just a college student with some questions about a situation that happened to me while I was still a minor. I went in a Fry's with some friends and they stole stuff. One of them handed me a flash drive they stole and I put it in my pocket. We walked out and got hand cuffed by loss prevention and were brought into the room. We told them and we signed those papers. They said that I am banned from the store. Is it for life? I've been wanting to go back to Fry's because it is very convenient for me to go there, but I don't remember the terms of what I signed. Yeah I'm an idiot and I've read some loss prevention thread somewhere on this site. I am just not sure about what I can do now. Am I allowed to go back into that store? Loss prevention said I can write a letter to someone to say that I messed up or something so I can go back.
  1. Other Topics You Might Like
    Need help from anyone with knowledge of loss prevention officers
    Sleeping with Loss Prevention
    Loss prevention
    Loss Prevention Would Take Things While You Are Writing it Up
    Paul Daniello of Fry's Loss Prevention is a criminal
  2.  permalink
    How long ago? They probably would never notice you. Besides, they'll let anyone in if they promise to buy a PSC.
    •  
      CommentAuthorr3j3ct
    Yep Duck, indeed you are an idiot... you're lucky it was just small cheap items. Don't be surprised if the loss prevention staff remembers your face. One of our LP officers at our store actually caught a guy from 7 years ago who stole stuff and got away with it, but this time around tried to steal some expensive hard drives and got "boxed in" at the front door and had no way to escape. Scumbag never saw it coming :face-smile:
    •  
      CommentAuthorAnakin
    How long ago was this? If you're just going in to shop, then don't be an idiot again. They probably don't notice you, but that depends on the store as far as daily customer traffic goes. If you must shop there anyways, wear a hat or something. And don't act so shady too. Go in like you never did anything to begin with. Just don't do anything stupid again.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAnakin
    Wait. Sorry guys. I'm acting out of character again. *cough* Take all the chromebook demos you can, then at the door when LP is there to stop you, wave your hand like Obi Wan did in Tatooine and say, "I am not the thief you're looking for.":face-devil-grin:
    •  
      CommentAuthorr3j3ct
    Anakin: Wait. Sorry guys. I'm acting out of character again. *cough* Take all the chromebook demos you can, then at the door when LP is there to stop you, wave your hand like Obi Wan did in Tatooine and say, "I am not the thief you're looking for.":face-devil-grin:

I'm acting out of character too. I meant to say that I hate thieves with a passion since I work and pay for everything I own with my hard earned money. If I had the chance to see "Duck" in person I'd probably kick his face in and then curb stomp him :face-devil-grin:
  3.  permalink
    With the high turnover Fry's has I doubt the same LP people work at that store. Also, shop on Amazon. I have a Fry's just miles away from my house and I have no reason to step foot in that shit hole.
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeJun 14th 2013
    Anakin: Wait. Sorry guys. I'm acting out of character again. *cough* Take all the chromebook demos you can, then at the door when LP is there to stop you, wave your hand like Obi Wan did in Tatooine and say, "I am not the thief you're looking for.":face-devil-grin:

Chromebooks are an evil Sith plague on the land
  4.  permalink
    Turn over and transfer rate for Loss Prevention Officers is very low at the store I work in.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCharlie
    • CommentTimeJun 21st 2013
    I had a friend who shoplifted and he signed a form that said he would agree to not go to Fry's for one year. You can try calling Fry's HQ and ask them if you're allowed to go back to the store:  

1-408-487-4666  

I don't think you're still banned, and there are much better ways to steal from Fry's. Just have friends outside texting you if they see any LP waiting for you at the door, or check if they close the bathrooms after you steal. If the bathrooms are suddenly "out of order," they're onto you.