Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
  1.  permalink
    So the other day I bought a 39" Seiki LED refurbished tv, I haven't opened it yet or anything. I was wondering if there were restocking fees for returning TV's. I have concluded that there are not. But #5 on fry's returns/exchange policy has me a bit unsure. "Product that is returned incomplete, damaged, or has been used -- if accepted -- will require a deduction. This deduction is final. Subsequent return of missing items will not reverse the deduction."  

I'd like to try out the tv to make sure there are no issues with it, dead pixels etc and see if it's suitable as my PC monitor and good for gaming. However if I'm going to run into a host of problems such as not being able to return it or being charged a restocking fee.. I'd almost rather just return it and buy a TV from costco or something. BTW I paid 239.00 + tax and some stupid disposal fee so it was $265. If I do keep it, I would probably get a squaretrade warranty.  

Let me know, thanks.
  2. Other Topics You Might Like
    A few questions about store returns
    So what questions annoy you the most about the customer?
    Question about online preorders
    I have a question about Frys.
    Question about returning a used HDD
  3.  permalink
    There's no restocking fee for returning tv's.
    •  
      CommentAuthorr3j3ct
    • CommentTimeJun 28th 2013
    If product is defective you can exchange it... no restocking fee if it was DOA or defective out of box.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAnakin
    First of all, you bought not only an off-brand TV, but a refurbished one too. Why do you hate your eyes, ears, and wallet so much?  

As a general rule, if you're going to buy anything at all, don't buy a piece of crap. That includes your ticking time bomb of a TV, Cobys, HPs, anything that's refurbished, and anything with a returned, used price sticker on it. Yes, Fry's sells a ton of useless, sometimes defective crap, but they also sell higher-end merchandise as well. Unfortunately, Fry's tends to attract less-than-desirable customers, often looking for the "best deals" in the store, ignoring the better-quality products that are actually worth buying. Unless they price-match, of course.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBest Buy
    First, there is no restock fee for TV's as a general rule. I have seen MIC's access restock fees when customers attempt to return merchandise that is missing items or packaging. Just make sure you bring everything back that you received when you purchased the TV.  

Second, why would you buy such a useless piece of junk for a TV? You just bought the TV equivalent of an off-brand version of a Smart Car that gets 12 miles per gallon of gas and has a maximum speed of 32 miles per hour. That TV is absolutely useless. I wouldn't use it if someone gave it to me for free.
  4.  permalink
    Haha okay, with all you guys input, I'll just return it without opening it. I only bought it because it was cheap and I figured I could try it out with no harm done. I too am weary of Seiki though etc. If I buy a tv, I'll likely go with a visio from costco. At least it will have a good warranty.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAnakin
    • CommentTimeJun 29th 2013
    Guest: If I buy a tv, I'll likely go with a Vizio* from costco. At least it will have a good warranty.

Costco's return policy is amazing. Many years ago, my parents had me return a used Sonicare toothbrush set that was purchased at least a year back. And you know what? They took it back, no issues. Well, aside from their returns supervisor telling me, "....Really now?":face-monkey: