Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTony Green
    • CommentTimeFeb 10th 2008
    Effective week four of this quarter, we will be getting a new pay rate. Actually it's the old one.  

$6.50 plus commission. All draw will be forgiven. Allegedly commissions will go up on "certain" items, about 50-100%. can anyone live on $240 gross per week?  

I don't know about your store, but here (Atlanta) the traffic has been non-existent due to bad economy, sub-prime rate, falling Dow, war, our idiot President, bad service at Fry's. Take your pick.  

How soon before the exodus happens and Fry's employees start resembling Best Buy and Brandsmart.  

The end is near for Fry's.
    •  
      CommentAuthorPunkzilla
    6.50 can't be right. So below minimum wage?I shit trains, Now what?
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    • CommentTimeFeb 10th 2008 edited
    The minimum wage varies from state to state. The Federal minimum wage is actually $5.85. It looks like draw is killing Randy Fry's paycheck.  

Brandsmart is some kind of Fry's on the East Coast?i am a worm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Thats bullshit! I pine for your state! Our minimum wage here is 6.75 finally, but thats still not a whole lot. Sure, you CAN get an apartment in the ghetto where people are stabbed outside your door and everyone does crack, but thats not living, its not even surviving!  
    Id form a protest and go on strike.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrady
    • CommentTimeFeb 11th 2008
    Here at the Anahiem store it's $8.00 one of the highest minimum wages in the nation. I think Fry's management needs to get a paycheck cut its not fair that their employees do all the slave duties I mean work while the reep the benfits. I defenitely think Fry's is going to go into some financial problems... I would say about 60-70% of our employees are in draw here. The commissions are at in all time low since I worked here 3 years now. I guess buying those Islands for Randy Fry means cutting the hell out of his employees. People wonder why we give such bad service? I'd say it reflects the way the employees get treated its a viscious cycle.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrady
    Oh and another thing... our DM is firing 5 people supposebly because bad performance... I think its jus to scare people into selling more etc but what can you do there is only so much you can do to a bad economy. If they try to fire me fuck them I won't sign shit I'll just go get unemployment.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrady
    • CommentTimeFeb 11th 2008 edited
    so the people that owe $5000 in draw won't have to pay it back? Nice a car loan forgiven.
    •  
      CommentAuthorPunkzilla
    Forgot about out of state minimum wages. Yeah it's $8.00 in California.I shit trains, Now what?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMacIas
    I just want the products to pay more that would make me really happy :) Pretty Please.aka Luis - FrysForum Administration Group
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Punkzilla:Forgot about out of state minimum wages. Yeah it's $8.00 in California.

Wow that went up fast! When I lived there it was only 6.75!Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorPunkzilla
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2008
    AyaHu:
    Punkzilla:Forgot about out of state minimum wages. Yeah it's $8.00 in California.

Wow that went up fast! When I lived there it was only 6.75!

Yeah, when I started it was, then it bumped up to $7.50, then in less than a year I think, went up to $8.00I shit trains, Now what?
    •  
      CommentAuthorman
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2008
    Back to the good old days. I can't wait
    •  
      CommentAuthorTony Green
    • CommentTimeFeb 15th 2008
    I was wrong on the $6.50 per hour. It's back to minimum wage, which is $5.85. When I asked if commissions were going to go up, I was told, "NO!" I know some of you think this is a good thing. Just think about that when you spend three hours closing and you are making less than the average McDonald's worker. When you are pulling a TV on the top shelve of your back stockroom and you teeter on the edge of the man-on-board, remember that all Randy Fry thinks your life is worth is the minimum that the government allows you to be paid.  

The Exodus will begin in two weeks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeFeb 15th 2008
    "The Exodus will begin in two weeks."  

Que?
    •  
      CommentAuthorTony Green
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th 2008
    Que?  

Coz few sales people are going to stick around making minimum wage with no customers in the store and get no commissions.
  1.  permalink
    They fired a guy in the San Diego store's telcom department who had been with frys for 11 years.
  2.  permalink
    i was in the telecom department too at store 15 and got fired my friend said that only one guy still there!!!! thats so messed up!!!!:face-plain:
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th 2008
    They are on a firing spree. Basically everyone who owes Randy Fry some money.i am a worm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorm_tux
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th 2008
    The draw was bad from the get go.. it was only a loan they would give you. You werent making that much! you were just borrowing money.. and paying it back when you made more than your hourly wage. so now you have that monkey off your back and now just go out and try to make sales. it's the only way you're going to make money. If you want to make more, get a new job or transfer to computers. ;) I don't see many people draw there. occassionally yes. but not always. But I always thought the other depts are screwed up for commission except video when you can make a decent buck on tv's.. but maybe it's a store to store thing. But i do try helping out other dept's salespeople as well. I mean if a customer is buying something that I dont get paid for and am close to the other dept, i'll just have them write up the item..I'm crushing your head... You flathead!