Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorr3j3ct
    • CommentTimeAug 9th 2013
    Who else pockets those free game coupons they give out for graphics card purchases? Our whole department literally does it. I have just about all the latest titles in my games collection from those coupons, and it didn't cost me a cent.  

There is always SOMETHING good about Fry's... :face-angel:
  1. Other Topics You Might Like
    Some people use Fry's as a free 15 or 30-day equipment "rental" place
    I AM FREE.
    Fry's Games
    The Fry's Electronics Board Game!
    someone explain John Gamet to me please
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeAug 9th 2013
    So...you're essentially stealing from the customers, right?
    •  
      CommentAuthorFrenchyFry
    • CommentTimeAug 9th 2013 edited
    The Manufactures will cut the program, and then investigate who took advantage of the " Free " games. The same thing as when there were Mitsubishi points and employees cheated by falsifying claims.
  2.  permalink
    I love stealing from frys... scamming in returns department ftw
    •  
      CommentAuthorr3j3ct
    • CommentTimeAug 10th 2013
    Guest: I love stealing from frys... scamming in returns department ftw

Oh the joys of what you can do there. Too bad LP keeps a close look there because of recent mischievous returns at our store. But in the meantime they couldn't care less about someone pocketing free game coupons. I had a buddy come in and claimed he bought a graphics card "yesterday" and forgot to get the free game coupon. My supervisor handed him one immediately. Really, they don't care about this stuff :face-smile:
  3.  permalink
    The lp is worthless at my store... returns is a scam frys heaven
    •  
      CommentAuthorAnakin
    • CommentTimeAug 10th 2013
    r3j3ct: Who else pockets those free game coupons they give out for graphics card purchases? Our whole department literally does it. I have just about all the latest titles in my games collection from those coupons, and it didn't cost me a cent.  

And then out of nowhere, management will start cracking down on free game coupons because they came randomly came across a Fry's forum post about getting free games via said coupons.
    •  
      CommentAuthorr3j3ct
    • CommentTimeAug 11th 2013
    Anakin:
    r3j3ct: Who else pockets those free game coupons they give out for graphics card purchases? Our whole department literally does it. I have just about all the latest titles in my games collection from those coupons, and it didn't cost me a cent.  

And then out of nowhere, management will start cracking down on free game coupons because they came randomly came across a Fry's forum post about getting free games via said coupons.

They probably know already but don't care. Even if they did... what are they gonna do? Fire our whole department? Cuz everybody in our department does it LOL
    •  
      CommentAuthorAnakin
    • CommentTimeAug 11th 2013 edited
    ObiWan: So...you're essentially stealing from the customers, right?

Not if there are boxes full of them. When I was in sales(not anymore, thank God), I would see piles of Assassin Creed III game coupons at the DSC podium. And from what I understand, the game coupons only qualify for certain models, and I'm pretty sure not every Fry's customer can afford a GTX 770.  

Let's be honest though. There are customers who would take advantage of the deal by buying the qualifying video card, getting the free game coupon, and then going back to the returns line to return said video card, ultimately getting a free game. Now who's really stealing from who?  

And yes, I know that returns associates should be aware of this kind of offer and would keep this kind of thing from happening, but let's be realistic here. Returns associates only get paid $8/hr. And with the MIC gone most of the time, no one will really notice, let alone care. It would've been a different story when Returns associates were still making $12.50+/hr., being given more incentive to care, but that's not the case anymore.
    •  
      CommentAuthorr3j3ct
    • CommentTimeAug 11th 2013
    The cashiers are in charge of returns now, and they make minimum wage. They don't give a shit lol.  

We have tons of open box graphic cards on the shelves for that very reason... free game coupons. So you're right about customers stealing those too.  

Hell I bought a GTX 780 shortly after it was released and returned it a week later after benchmarking the shit outta it. Kept the game coupon as well of course. Nobody is paid enough to care nowadays. The only things we care about now is selling expensive stuff and service plans to clueless customers so we can get paid :face-plain:
    •  
      CommentAuthorAnakin
    • CommentTimeAug 12th 2013
    r3j3ct: The only things we care about now is selling expensive stuff and service plans to clueless customers so we can get paid :face-plain:

See this upper management? See what you do to your salesmen, especially to customers? Bring back hourly pay for sales.
    •  
      CommentAuthorr3j3ct
    • CommentTimeAug 13th 2013
    Bringing back hourly pay would cut the commissions even more, as if they aren't already cutting them down like crazy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAnakin
    • CommentTimeAug 14th 2013
    r3j3ct: Bringing back hourly pay would cut the commissions even more, as if they aren't already cutting them down like crazy.

That may be true, but as it is, there's always at least a few salesmen from each department that makes 1k+ per week, while everyone else is stuck at barely minimum wage. Bringing back hourly pay by cutting commissions and by enforcing quotas more can also weed out the salesmen who have to resort to lying to customers to make money, since they won't be making $700+ a week so easily anymore.
    •  
      CommentAuthorr3j3ct
    • CommentTimeAug 14th 2013
    Anakin:
    r3j3ct: Bringing back hourly pay would cut the commissions even more, as if they aren't already cutting them down like crazy.

That may be true, but as it is, there's always at least a few salesmen from each department that makes 1k+ per week, while everyone else is stuck at barely minimum wage. Bringing back hourly pay by cutting commissions and by enforcing quotas more can also weed out the salesmen who have to resort to lying to customers to make money, since they won't be making $700+ a week so easily anymore.

Meh, you could always resort to taking the free game coupons and selling them :face-devil-grin:
  4.  permalink
    Wow the douche bag not only brags about stealing from his employer, but qualifies it by saying everyone else does it too. Real smart tardo.
    If you had half an ounce of brains, you'd realize you can download the full version of ANY game from a warez forum, and not risk your job doing so.

I can hear it now-
    Mama reject: Why are you home so early?
    reject: Those bad men fired me for stealing.
    Mama reject: Stealing? My boy? *smack* *whack* *smack* Go to your room!
    reject: My moms a bitch.....but at least I can play Arkham Asylum in there...Weeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorr3j3ct
    • CommentTimeSep 1st 2013
    Guest: Wow the douche bag not only brags about stealing from his employer, but qualifies it by saying everyone else does it too. Real smart tardo.  
    If you had half an ounce of brains, you'd realize you can download the full version of ANY game from a warez forum, and not risk your job doing so.  

I can hear it now-  
    Mama reject: Why are you home so early?  
    reject: Those bad men fired me for stealing.  
    Mama reject: Stealing? My boy? *smack* *whack* *smack* Go to your room!  
    reject: My moms a bitch.....but at least I can play Arkham Asylum in there...Weeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!

I'm still employed, I'm still one of the top salesman in my department, I moved out of my Mom's basement the day I turned 20, I have more than an ounce of brain to realize that you're more likely to get caught downloading games illegally online than it is to snapshot a free game coupon from work.  

You mad bro?
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeSep 2nd 2013
    Guest: you'd realize you can download the full version of ANY game from a warez forum,

You DO realize that downloading a game via a warez forum (or via a torrent, etc.) is also considered theft, don't you?