Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
  1.  permalink
    I recently had an in-home installation done. The individual who came to do the install asked me for more cash. Starting at 100.00 and eventually bringing it down to 50, then 20 dollars. Being a senior and home alone I complied just to get the installation done. However, the incident has been bothering me ever since so I went to the Frys store and asked to speak with the manager. For 3 weeks I have been given the run around by employees who quite frankly I feel are blocking me from seeing the manager even though I have NOT told them why I want 5mins to speak with him. I am not looking for anything back I only want to relay ALL the details of the incident which I feel is unethical. I actually believe I could get an audience with the Pope before I see this store manager which is giving the impression that something more sinister is going on. :face-angel:
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2008
    What was his justification for the additional charge?
    •  
      CommentAuthorrisky
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2008
    This sounds a bit strange to me. If you can't get the store manager, call the home office at 408-487-4500 and asked to talk to customer relations. Be prepared to tell them what store your calling about and have your receipt handy just in case they need some information from it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeFeb 15th 2008
    Sounds like someone trying to make an extra cash off a senior, but if said senior is saavy enough to come on here....  
    ....Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorgreencard
    To Talk To the Store Manager on the Phone:  

1)Get the store phone number and location  
    http://shop2.outpost.com/regular.jsp?/ac/storelocator/index.jsp  

2)Replace the last 2 digits of the stores main line with "59" which is the direct line to the managers office.  
    Example: San Marcos Main Store #: (760) 566-1300  
    Managers Line: San Marcos: (760) 566-1359  

3)Tell the Store Manager everything you want to say to him! Tell him people won't let you talk to him and you suspect shadyness.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgreencard
    You can also call Fry's Corporate Office people here's the phone list:  
    http://frysforum.com/comments.php?DiscussionID=135&page=1
  2.  permalink
    Thank you all for the assistance...I did call Corporate and they will look into it. Yes I do know a little about computers and am a wee bit savvy (but no geek) when it comes to computers after spending 30 years at big Blue I did pick up a few pointers... Such as plugging it in which the "diagnostics check" supposedly revealed..yea right?? I could have done the installation myself but since I had a lot going on I decided to just have i done since I was getting a rebate. I would like to say that I have purchased at Frys before and found the personnel to be super helpful and courteous so I am sure this is an isolated incident. Any way..thank you all for pointing me in the right direction.:face-angel:
    •  
      CommentAuthorLiana Mei
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th 2008
    I'd put my $$ on the Pope, I've had to beg my assistant store manager (rarely ever saw the real guy) to speak to a customer after he started shouting at me at the top of his lungs.
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th 2008
    If you want the store manager to look at you you have to be sexy and hot.i am a worm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorm_tux
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th 2008
    egads.. that does sound a bit off.. only time they should require more money is if you ask them to do something else, like maybe add a third pc, but that's only $50.. what store was this anyways?I'm crushing your head... You flathead!