Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLiana Mei
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th 2008
    Do us cahsiers a favor and - RING UP SEPARATE QUOTES FOR DIFFERENT ITEMS! I AM SO SICK OF HAVING TO TRACK DOWN A CERTAIN SALES ASSOCIATE TO CHANGE A QUOTE BECAUSE A CUSTOMER CHANGED THEIR MIND AND DOESN'T WANT ONE OUT OF THE TEN ITEMS ON THE QUOTE PAPER!  

Okay, now I can breathe.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th 2008
    Shit happens, but you better keep being diligent about using our quotes. If we salesmen find out a quote hasn't been scanned, we raise hell tracking down the sale, and the associate that did not scan, and ensuring his supervisors get our attention.
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th 2008
    Don't mess with our quotes. We really digg up the fuck ups and tell the customer service managers. We have tons of tools at our disposal to find out who fucked up or who stole what sale.i am a worm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorm_tux
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th 2008 edited
    You do realize that you only need to call the dept in which the item comes and typically someone by the phone can do it for you. Do you know how hard it is to make a quote and then hunt it down at the printer while you have 6 other sales people making quotes at the same time? and do you really think customers want to walk around with 10 seperate sheets of paper? But all in all, you do not have to hunt down the sales person.. call the dept. they'll hunt them down, if not well they'll just remove the offending item.  

Now if it's a psc on a notebook.. make sure to hunt us down.. ;)I'm crushing your head... You flathead!
    •  
      CommentAuthorminolet
    • CommentTimeMar 21st 2008
    I have one better, a cashier unsold part of a sale and cost me $18. That is more aggrivating than a quote not used cause there is no means for request. As if the request ever goes through, all request rejected or approved are suppose to be returned to the department manager and then back to the associate if you don't receive them back rip your manager a new one and then stand around and wonder why audit leaves early because they don't have something to do.Where you are told illegally to work 20 hours or be fired.....and people believe it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoletadude
    • CommentTimeApr 17th 2013
    m_tux: You do realize that you only need to call the dept in which the item comes and typically someone by the phone can do it for you. Do you know how hard it is to make a quote and then hunt it down at the printer while you have 6 other sales people making quotes at the same time? and do you really think customers want to walk around with 10 seperate sheets of paper? But all in all, you do not have to hunt down the sales person.. call the dept. they'll hunt them down, if not well they'll just remove the offending item.  

Now if it's a psc on a notebook.. make sure to hunt us down.. ;)

Call the salesperson or supervisor in charge of the department and they'll change the quote for you. Just be sure you scan the quotes because if you fail to scan the quote, the salesperson has a case to get you an immediate 3-day suspension from the store manager. It happened to one of the customer service associates in one of the stores. If it's a PSC and you can't track down the item, call the supervisor in charge so that they can contact the salesperson.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgobo760
    You know, I wonder how many trees Fry's Electronics consumes each year? I know that at our store, which was one of the less busy stores in the company, we consumed 1 pallet of paper every week. 1 pallet of uncoated printing and office paper requires 24 trees to manufacture (according to this http://conservatree.org/learn/EnviroIssues/TreeStats.shtml) and fry's has 34 locations, so that's 816 trees per week, multiplied by 52 weeks in the year, makes 42,432 tress. Hmm... that seems like a lot.
    •  
      CommentAuthorr3j3ct
    Live with it you worthless cashier. I swear, cashiers are amongst the most retarded people in the company... at least in my store. As mentioned, customers don't like a separate sheet of paper for each item they purchased, isn't it much more convenient to have ONE quote and be able to ADD onto it as they walk around and decide to purchase more stuff? Also, if they change their minds, call back to the department and anybody can modify items. Do your job, or don't... cuz there are plenty of people out there who want your job, lazy bastard. :face-devil-grin:
    •  
      CommentAuthorGuest 9329
    No body in front check out has the power to change the quote, and all you people that says "do your job, and call the floor", then you do your fucking job and pick up the phone.

If you don't pick up the phone, I'm not ringing up the quote.

Come at me brah.
    •  
      CommentAuthorr3j3ct
    Guest: No body in front check out has the power to change the quote, and all you people that says "do your job, and call the floor", then you do your fucking job and pick up the phone.  

If you don't pick up the phone, I'm not ringing up the quote.  

Come at me brah.

Yes, I do my fucking job and pick up the phone... whereas you silly cashiers insist on everyone else making your job easier by doing inconvenient shit (one quote for each item... HAHA! SMH...) There's a reason why people like you are cashiers, cuz that's all you are capable of doing. You have no product knowledge, can't deal with people very well (if at all), and do stupid shit such as sending the customer to our department for will call items when it's CLEARLY right next to you in the WILL CALL area.  

Come at me brah.
  1.  permalink
    "Hey I'm calling because I need you to change something on a quote"
    "Awesome. Hey while I do, that I have a customer here looking for a laptop that I think a salesperson put in will-call. Can you make sure it's there?"
    "Yeah no problem. Oh it's not here"
    "Are you sure? It's a floor model sony netbook"
    "Yeah nothing sorry"

I take care of the customer's quote they asked for, netbook is the first fucking item in will-call and only item without a box. Are you fucking kidding me???
    •  
      CommentAuthorGuest 9329
    • CommentTimeApr 18th 2013
    It's funny how much shit you guys are talking about cashiers..

Keep in mind, in the end, WE scan your quotes. Don't piss us off, or we just won't scan the quote... as suggested previously "Do your job, or don't.."

Go ahead, go out of your way to figure out who we are, and get us 3 day.
    Or don't, and then get in draw, and then 5 day.

And some of us cashiers knows a lot more about the products than you guys give us credit for, especially younger people who don't have time to be a salesman, and rather go to school, who will ultimately make more than 10x the best salesman.

Most salesman are stuck are Fry's for life, prove me wrong :]
    •  
      CommentAuthorr3j3ct
    • CommentTimeApr 18th 2013
    Guest: It's funny how much shit you guys are talking about cashiers..  

Keep in mind, in the end, WE scan your quotes. Don't piss us off, or we just won't scan the quote... as suggested previously "Do your job, or don't.."  

Go ahead, go out of your way to figure out who we are, and get us 3 day.  
    Or don't, and then get in draw, and then 5 day.  

And some of us cashiers knows a lot more about the products than you guys give us credit for, especially younger people who don't have time to be a salesman, and rather go to school, who will ultimately make more than 10x the best salesman.  

Most salesman are stuck are Fry's for life, prove me wrong :]

That's cute... all I can say is, good luck getting me into the draw. I make a decent amount more than any cashiers, and I won't hesitate to fuck any of you over for your little "don't scan the quote" schemes. And FYI, I graduate this year with a BCS along with an IT networking associates degree. Then I get out of Fry's and come back shopping for all the big things you cashiers have to ring up everyday and drool over because you can't afford it. Saying you don't have time to be a salesman and rather go to school is just proving how incapable worthless pieces of shits you really are. I do both, full time school and part time sales. If you wanna keep talking shit, then by all means... COME AT ME BRAH.
  2.  permalink
    Brah???

heheheh......white boys.... pull your drawers up
    •  
      CommentAuthorr3j3ct
    • CommentTimeApr 19th 2013
    Guest: Brah???  

heheheh......white boys.... pull your drawers up

They just hang, I'm not fat enough for them to stay on properly :face-monkey:
    •  
      CommentAuthorGuest 9329
    That's cute... all I can say is, good luck getting me into the draw. I make a decent amount more than any cashiers, and I won't hesitate to fuck any of you over for your little "don't scan the quote" schemes. And FYI, I graduate this year with a BCS along with an IT networking associates degree. Then I get out of Fry's and come back shopping for all the big things you cashiers have to ring up everyday and drool over because you can't afford it. Saying you don't have time to be a salesman and rather go to school is just proving how incapable worthless pieces of shits you really are. I do both, full time school and part time sales. If you wanna keep talking shit, then by all means... COME AT ME BRAH.

Of course you make more than cashiers, we don't have the suck the customer's dick just to make our paycheck. Trust, I've seen salesman try to "fuck me over".. they can't do shit other than look like a little bitch. It's adorable really. And good job graduating with a BCS, good luck getting a job in this economy.. Ask all the other salesman, 1/3 of the salesman out there has a degree.. yet, they're still at Fry's. Salesman tends to be stuck in their position for life.

I would rather invest my time in school, other than investing my time in being a salesman, but if you really must know, I do not work for Fry's no more. I got an Electrical Engineering degree, and started with a salary of $65/year. It actually increased after 3 months. Funny thing is, you probably don't believe me.. however, just by posting that little tidbit, half of my old store probably already knows who I am :]

Future store manager over here, r3j3ct.
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    @guest 9329 - I'm surprised that you were allowed to graduate with english/grammar skills like that.
    •  
      CommentAuthorr3j3ct
    ObiWan: @guest 9329 - I'm surprised that you were allowed to graduate with english/grammar skills like that.

It's even more adorable when they try to talk shit about someone on a public forum who they obviously don't know shit about. I'll just leave it at that. I obviously caused a good amount of butthurt, that's all I needed :face-devil-grin:
  3.  permalink
    You da butthurt mastah brah !!!

No butt relief insight wif r3j3ct in the hissy!

woof! woof!
  4.  permalink
    Are you guys all new to the internet?  

http://i.imgur.com/tDJUyCS.jpg
  5.  permalink
    Why you trippin ploy-man?
    You need to recognize. You don't be disrespecting or droppin a dollah in the house of FRY!

You do, and Money r3j3ct will putt some hurtin on your butt !!

Peace out
    •  
      CommentAuthorMylo7
    • CommentTimeApr 21st 2013
    Guest: Why you trippin ploy-man?  
    You need to recognize. You don't be disrespecting or droppin a dollah in the house of FRY!  

You do, and Money r3j3ct will putt some hurtin on your butt !!  

Peace out

Calm down there Yolo Swaggins, or else your boss will tell you to put your phone away so you could make those big macs.
    •  
      CommentAuthorGuest 9329
    • CommentTimeApr 22nd 2013
    Watch out guys, r3j3ct is a Fry's e-thug.. he will fuck you over!

Funny thing is, despite being a "guest", I can guarantee half the store I used to work at already knows who I am.. r3j3ct's too shy to show who he is :[
    •  
      CommentAuthorr3j3ct
    • CommentTimeApr 22nd 2013
    Guest: Watch out guys, r3j3ct is a Fry's e-thug.. he will fuck you over!  

Funny thing is, despite being a "guest", I can guarantee half the store I used to work at already knows who I am.. r3j3ct's too shy to show who he is :[

Sorry I'm just not dumb enough to reveal my identity BEFORE I leave my job. Ya better watch out too, cuz I'll "fuck you over" selling you PSCs! :face-devil-grin:
  6.  permalink
    ObiWan: @guest 9329 - I'm surprised that you were allowed to graduate with english/grammar skills like that.
    ObiWan, you know the bar is low for Fry's. Fry's is like the training ground for used car dealerships and telemarketing firms (or, alternately, the fallback employer for those who couldn't cut it in the big leagues of used car sales and cold calling). It's actually harder to get hired at Wal-Mart.
    •  
      CommentAuthorGuest 4918
    • CommentTimeApr 24th 2013
    I once revealed my identity on these forums which wasn't too bad so long as I did not say anything stupid.

Someone angered me and being newly promoted to a position I decided it was best for me to discontinue posting openly. I have stepped down many times from management positions to study and work hard in school but I still do not want to risk my seniority and time I have earned at Fry's.

A lot of people really talk smack about the store and there are a lot of things that I do not like about Fry's. You can work for Fry's, but the experience isn't what Fry's makes it, it depends on what you make of it. Fry's is a large retail store with many learning opportunities and management experience. Doing several management positions and with what I believe to be outstanding performance at both work and school, I had a real competitive edge for a more prestigious job. They didn't look at my resume in disgust and said "Euw it's Fry's", they said "He did this, he did this, he did this, he did that, and achieved this, he achieved that" and I put on a good interview and got hired.
  7.  permalink
    "I stepped down many times" a quality all employers look for.

Methinks thou sprayeth a lot of perfume to cover the stench of your job performance.

I can smell B.S. a mile away....
    •  
      CommentAuthorCaladonRae
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2013
    Problem with that. If there's tons of quotes, the customer is NOT gonna want to buy anything. This is why we have PHONES. It takes less than 5-7 minutes to get things squared away. Quit bitching.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoletadude
    • CommentTimeMay 4th 2013
    Guest: That's cute... all I can say is, good luck getting me into the draw. I make a decent amount more than any cashiers, and I won't hesitate to fuck any of you over for your little "don't scan the quote" schemes. And FYI, I graduate this year with a BCS along with an IT networking associates degree. Then I get out of Fry's and come back shopping for all the big things you cashiers have to ring up everyday and drool over because you can't afford it. Saying you don't have time to be a salesman and rather go to school is just proving how incapable worthless pieces of shits you really are. I do both, full time school and part time sales. If you wanna keep talking shit, then by all means... COME AT ME BRAH.  

Of course you make more than cashiers, we don't have the suck the customer's dick just to make our paycheck. Trust, I've seen salesman try to "fuck me over".. they can't do shit other than look like a little bitch. It's adorable really. And good job graduating with a BCS, good luck getting a job in this economy.. Ask all the other salesman, 1/3 of the salesman out there has a degree.. yet, they're still at Fry's. Salesman tends to be stuck in their position for life.  

I would rather invest my time in school, other than investing my time in being a salesman, but if you really must know, I do not work for Fry's no more. I got an Electrical Engineering degree, and started with a salary of $65/year. It actually increased after 3 months. Funny thing is, you probably don't believe me.. however, just by posting that little tidbit, half of my old store probably already knows who I am :]  

Future store manager over here, r3j3ct.

Good for you.
  8.  permalink
    Tell your sup to remove it. They have access now. As well as any of your cashiers in returns.