Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgreencard
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th 2008 edited
    Hussien Hussien  
    Hector Reyes  
    Alfonso de Alba  
    Felipe Aquino  
    David Lopez  
    Armando Lopez  
    Robert Kavanaugh  
    Jesus Soliz  
    Adam Porter  

If you know who got fired from you store due to "Fry's Corporate" post it here
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th 2008
    They all sound non-white except for the last guy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    I doubt it has to do with race.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorGamefreak88
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th 2008 edited
    They fired Adam Porter? Why?

Add these names to the list too.. all for being $100 short on their tills (which is bullshit)..

Lester G
    Simon V
    Robert V

All great employees.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    I really wouldnt post names of people on here, especially if they got 'fired' for being 100$ short. If a new employer actually does research on them it may look incriminating, bullshit or not. Not saying they do, but IF.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeFeb 19th 2008
    AyaHu smokes crack.
  1.  permalink
    theres more than that!!!!!
  2.  permalink
    Robert Urban  
    Christina Charles
    •  
      CommentAuthorflea
    Why not Ayahu these employees weren't at Fault it was Fry's mistake to make the dumbass Draw system. Its Fry's Fault not the employees.Fry's is corrupt I am here to talk about it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorxyvermax
    Another Employee who got fired Paul Macias
    •  
      CommentAuthorgreencard
    • CommentTimeFeb 20th 2008
    I don't think Paul Macias got fired I just saw him yesterday ... you got your sources wrong Xyvermax
    •  
      CommentAuthorgreencard
    I can't believe half the AT Department is gone... :( Christina and Hector were cool :(
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    flea:Why not Ayahu these employees weren't at Fault it was Fry's mistake to make the dumbass Draw system. Its Fry's Fault not the employees.

Well most people wont mark "Yes" on applications that say "Have you ever bene fired/terminated willingly or unwillingly?"  
    Pretty much no matter what you mark "No." And if your smart if you are being "fired" you say "Im not fired, I quit, fuck you!" in order to avoid it.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorflea
    I hope the people who got fired milk the frys unemploymentFry's is corrupt I am here to talk about it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    Wow, that's soo interesting, I didn't know Fry's offered unemployment stipends.
    •  
      CommentAuthorm_tux
    In theory, they do.. from my understanding they pay half and the state picks up the other half.. but also from my understanding, Frys also tries to weasle out of it by getting you to sign a voluntary quit or just mark you down as vacating the job to rob you from it. I think this goes along with the mysterious 5-dayI'm crushing your head... You flathead!
    •  
      CommentAuthorflea
    Hey M-tux go into the Frys Forum chat room:  
    http://frysforum.com/discussion/405/-join-in-on-our-live-chat-/#Item_2Fry's is corrupt I am here to talk about it.
  3.  permalink
    Add Bryan Clark to that list.
    •  
      CommentAuthorhoward
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st 2008 edited
    Aldrin Orena (computer accessories sales) from San Diego got fired last week for stealing 16gb and 32gb thumb drives. They have been watching this fool for a while. What a moron?!Howard Dean for America '08
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd 2008
    Sasquatch:Wow, that's soo interesting, I didn't know Fry's offered unemployment stipends.

Its our government who does. Here in AZ, I heard the law is 3 months fired for invalid reason, IE they cant prove you did anything wrong or laid you off. Frys must pay their half. Its awesome but you dont get your full salary, obviously. The laws vary from state to state.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd 2008
    /sarcasm
    •  
      CommentAuthorjamesd
    • CommentTimeJun 17th 2008 edited
    These employees were fired and or quit recently too  

Katie Barnhill  
    Jason Marshal  
    Jerry De La Rosa  
    Luis Macias  
    Dohn Lushnie (He Quit)  
    Evette Maduno (She Quit)
  4.  permalink
    what happen to katie?i love it when they call me big papa
    •  
      CommentAuthorLiana Mei
    • CommentTimeJun 19th 2008 edited
    Justin, not from San Diego, though.
  5.  permalink
    which justini love it when they call me big papa
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoldenarmz
    • CommentTimeJun 19th 2008 edited
    I Bet i have the worst termination in fry's history. I was let go for saying that the computer department manager's girl friend looked like she was pregnant. It wan't even to her face, she heard it from another employee. Here is a hint on who it was he was he was com. deparment manager before rey.  

Who ever started this forum, I needed to get that off my chest.  

/cheer :face-monkey:Changing lives. 2million and one, 2million and 2, 2million and three....
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeJun 19th 2008
    Tragic Comedy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrys_slave
    • CommentTimeJun 21st 2008
    add Jerry De La Rosa to the list  
    I wouldnt' be surprised if more people are fired here in San Diego they need to do a full cleaning.
    •  
      CommentAuthoradam
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2008
    in case you didnt know gnome=greg

greg=moderator

this post = will be deleted...over and over again, by greg.

(greg this is a bot btw if you haven't realized it yet...checks every 10 seconds to see if this post is here.)
    •  
      CommentAuthoradam
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2008
    in case you didnt know gnome=greg

greg=moderator

this post = will be deleted...over and over again, by greg.

(greg this is a bot btw if you haven't realized it yet...checks every 10 seconds to see if this post is here.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorchosen1
    • CommentTimeOct 29th 2009
    sean archer should get fired. he hides behind #s no of the he contributes to. he is the biggest jack ass in the company. he is the rudest sm and he throws stuff on the floor when he gets upset. which happens alot. calm down big man or your day will come to you
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeOct 29th 2009
    I had a conversation with my uncle (was the regional manager for egghead before it became newegg, was the manager for yosemite national park and is now the manager of an osh he has also done a few startups and smaller companies) and he said "Fry's doesn't know what they are doing, they are really dumb."Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
  6.  permalink
    AyaHu:  

In Arizona, the state pays the (miserable) unemployment but, every time a terminated employee applies for it, the employer's state contribution goes up. It does NOT go back down either. It stays up. That's why employers fight it tooth-and-nail.  

The only way they can fight it is to have the employee sign a voluntary separation agreement ("quit"), or, get fired "for cause". The latter rarely happens as it is extremely hard to prove (unless, like above, a stealing situation occurs) and, most importantly, it opens the employer to relatively simple law suits filed by ex-employees.  

If you want to be safe unemployment-wise, you should "get yourself fired". Underperformance works. Just don't "quit" for ANY reason.  

Also be careful of dates. Arizona has some tricky calculations as to how long you have to have been employed in the past year etc.  

It's a tricky system, but you CAN make it work in your favor.
  7.  permalink
    AyaHu:  

BTW Not sure what you mean by "I heard the law is 3 months fired for invalid reason" unless you are referencing the time you must be employed to get unemployment. However, in Arizona you do not have to be employed by Fry's for the entire time, just "employed" with no gaps. Depending on how long you have "been employed", your Fry's tenure can be pretty short and you get to collect, and Fry's tax rates go up.  

In Arizona, however, the maximum benefit is $250/week.  

BTW Here's another trick. If you qualify for unemployment in, say, California, and get fired by Fry's, if you move to Arizona, Arizona will collect your California benefits for you! Then they will pass then on to you in Arizona. Best part is "no questions asked". Arizona doesn't care. It's not Arizona money so it rolls your unemployment app through in a second.  

Great stuff.
  8.  permalink
    This guy Michael Oka from the Concord Frys store should really be fired. He was rude, no customer services skill. Not sure why Frys will hire such an asshole to work there.
  9.  permalink
    Frys is ridiculous. They delivered my new fridge today but it was dented so I refused to take it and have to return it to the tore. The movers had to move my original old fridge back to the kitchen, when they unhook the waterline they broke it. When they need to hook it back up for me, they need to use a replacement. They took the one that's supposed to come with my new fridge, they did not even ask me if I will purchase that waterline so they can put it back for me, they just ripe open the bag and fix it. Okay, you broke it you fix it for me. They made me pay for that waterline. Whatever, I am not going to argue over a few bucks. But this is not right. The manager return the whole thing and the whole process was long, I got a full refund on the invoice. After 2 hours when we finally got home, the manager dare to call me and say he will void the credit going back to my credit card, he will charge me for the waterline. WHAT?! I cannot believe a manager will upset the customer like this, over 8 bucks? They broke the waterline and made me paid for it? Not to talk about he was rude. Frys sucks!! Never ever again. If you are smart, shop elsewhere, it's not worth the hassle and headache just to get it a little cheaper than other store. Simply not worth it. don't shop at Frys. Horrible!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeDec 1st 2010
    Guest 20242 - I've watched as the Fry's movers have dropped fridge's from the lift gate, and laughed. And one wonders why many of us that visit this forum have a dim view of Fry's.  

Oh yeah, regarding your comment about no customer service skills, that seems to be true for most of the Fry's CA's, management, etc.
  10.  permalink
    Dropped fridges from the lift and laughed?? really ?? Maybe because they are laughing out of nervousness because if they damage the product they will be getting in trouble. NO store mangager is going to let them get away with that. No customer is going to buy or want a dented or damaged item. SO that is a complete loss for the store... hmmm I think someone needs to take a nap and try to forget the few "bad experiances" they have had. Plus they probably got fired for such bad customer service etc.
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeDec 1st 2010
    Actually, this happened twice (that I personally witnessed) at different Fry's stores. Fry's "material handling" is akin to a gorilla. Ever notice how badly dented and damaged the product boxes are?
  11.  permalink
    Quote: " Dropped fridges from the lift and laughed?? really ?? Maybe because they are laughing out of nervousness because if they damage the product they will be getting in trouble."

Or maybe they are just juveniles more interested in playing grab-ass than performing their job well (like a lot of Frys employees).
  12.  permalink
    Don't the people who do in home installations make a whole $10 an hour? I am not exactly surprised by this. They don't really hire "professional" people to do these. Seems like they just hire ex-cons willing to work cheap for delivery.
  13.  permalink
    any updates on any new terminations at Fry's?
  14.  permalink
    ME!!!!!