Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgreencard
    • CommentTimeFeb 19th 2008
    Both Audio/Video guys get paid commision on sale items, no other dept does this. Audio guys can make a killing selling audio equipment which can be marked up as much as 100%! The video guys are decieveing and they get paid twice especially if you buy a Mitsubishi TV they get "Mitsubishi Bucks" basiclly they get paid commision by Fry's and Mitsubishi for selling the same TV. Good TV salesmen can make up to $300-$400 on a tv including the warranty and the mounts for the tv and Mitsubishi TV. Plus Fry's TV's are over priced compared to some good places to buy them like Sams Club and Costco where there is no commision envolved and they are very help and where they have good return policys and extended warranties based on your membership not an additional cost. You should checkout some of the Audio/Videos paychecks the top guys make like $1000+ which currently is way more than computers which use to be the dept that made the most money.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNinjician
    • CommentTimeMar 20th 2008
    I know, isn't it awesome? Commission based sales, that is.  

TV's usually pay only 1%, with the services paying more. Mitsu Bucks aren't everything, and Audio items have a huge margin.  

Get over it.  

:face-devil-grin:
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Good for them.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSevenup
    I got payed $3.50 today on a combo on sale, also the Netgear routers that go on sale pay too!  
    @Greencard: I bet if you were in Audio/video you wouldnt be complaining.
  1.  permalink
    Yeah, you can make a killing in AV. But when that Mitsu and the 5 year come back? Holy hell, its ugly.  

ALSO: you know why we mark TVs and shit up? Because our salesmen know the product. You go to Costco and get a cheaper price because the dumbasses over there wont know the difference between 1080i and 1080p. I get this every now and then in Components.  

A few weeks ago a couple walked up and asked to look at a Garmin 670 GPS. I talked to them for about 10 minutes and the wife says "OK honey, lets get this one," and the husband agrees. I say "Alright then, come on over here (to the POS) and we'll get you a ticket for it." The husband interrupts and says "Oh, it's going to be on sale at Costco next week for $100 cheaper. We just wanted to use your expertise."  

I stuttered and said "Oh....oh, so you just wasted my time then? Ok, have a good day," and walked.  

I'm paid to sell for Fry's, not for Costco. (kind of a dick move, but screw those people)
    •  
      CommentAuthorm_tux
    particleman:  
    A few weeks ago a couple walked up and asked to look at a Garmin 670 GPS. I talked to them for about 10 minutes and the wife says "OK honey, lets get this one," and the husband agrees. I say "Alright then, come on over here (to the POS) and we'll get you a ticket for it." The husband interrupts and says "Oh, it's going to be on sale at Costco next week for $100 cheaper. We just wanted to use your expertise."  

You should have asked him where he worked so you could use his expertise and waste his time. I hate when customers do that. If they are up front with me, I'd actually be willing to help them. It's when they do crap like that.. bluh.. atleast you only spent 10 minutes onthem :).  

I get people looking at projectors and monitors all the time who just ask questions but never buy. Which maybe why we don't like selling them.. big waste of time and if they do buy it's like $2-$5 and maybe $2 more with a psc. I think a lot of people come in to just get our expertise. and then buy it online.I'm crushing your head... You flathead!
  2.  permalink
    greencard:Both Audio/Video guys get paid commision on sale items, no other dept does this. Audio guys can make a killing selling audio equipment which can be marked up as much as 100%! The video guys are decieveing and they get paid twice especially if you buy a Mitsubishi TV they get "Mitsubishi Bucks" basiclly they get paid commision by Fry's and Mitsubishi for selling the same TV. Good TV salesmen can make up to $300-$400 on a tv including the warranty and the mounts for the tv and Mitsubishi TV. Plus Fry's TV's are over priced compared to some good places to buy them like Sams Club and Costco where there is no commision envolved and they are very help and where they have good return policys and extended warranties based on your membership not an additional cost. You should checkout some of the Audio/Videos paychecks the top guys make like $1000+ which currently is way more than computers which use to be the dept that made the most money.

First of we have to bee top sells to even get to be in video. Where did you get your numbers man 300-400 on a sale!! Come on don't be retarded. Yes every once in a while you get a sale like that, but that's on several TVs and PSC's. When was the last time you took 2 and a half hours working with a customer, and working through your lunch. Mitsubishi does not pay that much any more and haven't in the last year and a half. You want to talk about use making a lot of money, lets see you sell a $1200 psc on a TV that cost $4500. Especially when every one and their mama thinks that they are a rip off. We get paid good because we know our S#%*^. The over priced statement is also dumb, have you not notice that most TVs at Costco are old models and on top of that they have the manufacture change model numbers just for them so they don't have to price match us. I'm guessing you don't even know about video psc's because they are the best in the industry. Best Buy charges about about $150 more on every psc and it is only 4 years vs 5 years. It does not even cover a loaner! When you can talk a customer into spending $4500 when they came in for a remote then you have the right to talk. :face-plain:
  3.  permalink
    I've known most of the AV salesmen to be really pushy so the customers get the five year with the TV that they don't really need or could get a better deal.
    •  
      CommentAuthorcanasian
    • CommentTimeDec 1st 2008
    Guys. This is somewhat true, but in our Department, Mitsubishis were paying 100-200 dollars a piece. This is NOT Fry's decision, it's Mitsubishi and their plan on heating up holiday sales. They do it EVERY Christmas and raise Mitsu bucks and commissions like crazy. A simple 46 inch paid an Audio guy 120 dollars without the service contract. Add service contract + Mitsu Bucks and that's HUMUNGOUS for a relatively small sale. One guy sold clearance Mitsubishi all day and made over 500 dollars and lost the store PLENTY of GP and was at the very bottom of the list with like -$1.5k GP loooool. Video sup wasn't too happy about that and let him know.  

Video CAN be overpaid with the right products based on manufacturer incentives. Audio, Cameras, and Car Stereo is not at all however.
    •  
      CommentAuthormeinside100
    • CommentTimeDec 2nd 2008 edited
    greencard: Both Audio/Video guys get paid commision on sale items, no other dept does this. Audio guys can make a killing selling audio equipment which can be marked up as much as 100%! The video guys are decieveing and they get paid twice especially if you buy a Mitsubishi TV they get "Mitsubishi Bucks" basiclly they get paid commision by Fry's and Mitsubishi for selling the same TV. Good TV salesmen can make up to $300-$400 on a tv including the warranty and the mounts for the tv and Mitsubishi TV. Plus Fry's TV's are over priced compared to some good places to buy them like Sams Club and Costco where there is no commision envolved and they are very help and where they have good return policys and extended warranties based on your membership not an additional cost. You should checkout some of the Audio/Videos paychecks the top guys make like $1000+ which currently is way more than computers which use to be the dept that made the most money.

They are WAY overpaid. I knew one guy that made 500 bucks on a sale every other day. Seriously he made in an hour what most software associates make in 1.5 to 2 weeks after taxes...software associates have the biggest grunt work at Frys (especially DVDs area) next to receiving dept (biggest grunts @ Frys's). Hell, telesales, a job that requires you to just be able to sit and talk to co-workers make about 10. Why does Fry's have such weird pay scales.
  4.  permalink
    particleman: Yeah, you can make a killing in AV. But when that Mitsu and the 5 year come back? Holy hell, its ugly.  

ALSO: you know why we mark TVs and shit up? Because our salesmen know the product. You go to Costco and get a cheaper price because the dumbasses over there wont know the difference between 1080i and 1080p. I get this every now and then in Components.  

I stuttered and said "Oh....oh, so you just wasted my time then? Ok, have a good day," and walked.  

I'm paid to sell for Fry's, not for Costco. (kind of a dick move, but screw those people)

Probably some damn yuppie couple.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeDec 2nd 2008
    i like my cubicle i can sit here and watch this site and laugh at what it would be like if i still worked at fried.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeDec 3rd 2008
    Suzukiman: i like my cubicle i can sit here and watch this site and laugh at what it would be like if i still worked at fried.

Cubicles are worse than retail work :< I am so glad to be free.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    nah it goes retail no cube then retail with cube then no retail no cube then no retail with cube then no retail with cube and lab then comes the office.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    I know, I went through those phases. I was at office, now I'm at entire house lolSuperhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    nice:face-smile:Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    I wish i was in a cubicle. Instead I'm enclosed with room with 2 other people.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeDec 4th 2008
    ive got myself a window cube with 3 monitors and a laptop and 2 desktops with a kvm sweeeeeetLooking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Oh good at least you have a window.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    yep and i keep all the blinds closed :face-smile:Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeDec 5th 2008
    No view?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeDec 5th 2008
    the "Nature" stares at me O.o' ........ it's scary .......Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
  5.  permalink
    last week i had an av salesman's quote for 9 tvs and 9 monster mounts which was 12k+ all for this lady who runs a community center. the same guy 2 hours later writes up a 4g quote on a 73 inch with 5 year mounts cables and all that good shit. This guy makes this constantly so im always glad to ring him up, he's top sales next to this lady who makes similar sales . im just wondering how much commission is that 12 k sale for him on his check.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeDec 17th 2008
    bmode13: last week i had an av salesman's quote for 9 tvs and 9 monster mounts which was 12k+ all for this lady who runs a community center. the same guy 2 hours later writes up a 4g quote on a 73 inch with 5 year mounts cables and all that good shit. This guy makes this constantly so im always glad to ring him up, he's top sales next to this lady who makes similar sales . im just wondering how much commission is that 12 k sale for him on his check.

A buttload. Or two.
  6.  permalink
    bmode13: last week i had an av salesman's quote for 9 tvs and 9 monster mounts which was 12k+ all for this lady who runs a community center. the same guy 2 hours later writes up a 4g quote on a 73 inch with 5 year mounts cables and all that good shit. This guy makes this constantly so im always glad to ring him up, he's top sales next to this lady who makes similar sales . im just wondering how much commission is that 12 k sale for him on his check.

Around 200-300 dollars.
  7.  permalink
    thas crazy lol but to take a hit on those items in returns must suck ass
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeDec 23rd 2008
    It happens.
    •  
      CommentAuthorGuest 7349
    • CommentTimeDec 28th 2008
    From the atrocious spelling I'm witnessing here, it's no wonder why the vast majority of you "haters" aren't working in the video department selling higher-end product like Mitsubishi...you obviously don't care about accuracy and efficiency; traits that are absolutely associated with those who make it and those who don't. Quit blaming your shitty lot in life on everyone else! All the time you spend sitting around doing nothing but bitching about those who are making it happen would be time better spent getting on the website of all the manufacturer's you represent and training yourself on the product so you can move up in your world. And while you're there, take a look at their incentive programs. Samsung, Sony and Hitachi all offer spiff programs...Mitsubishi is not the only one. There is absolutely no shame in participating in these programs. It doesn't make you a "shady" salesperson who doesn't have a customer's best interest in mind because a great company who builds great product is rewarding you for selling a great product. Great paychecks don't just happen... they are created by those who make things happen.I personally earned an additional 40K last year in combined spiffs from all these manufacturers. I'm located in a town with a population of only 100,000 people. We have Costco, Best Buy, Circuit City, Sears and Wal-Mart Supercenter here, and I still managed to make a six figure income between my commissions and spiffs. You're in charge of your own destiny and you have the tools and the opportunity to make your life whatever you want it to be. Stop bitching and start doing.
  8.  permalink
    Pictures of your pay stub or w2 or it didn't happen.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMr. Smith
    • CommentTimeJan 1st 2009
    Guest: From the atrocious spelling I'm witnessing here, it's no wonder why the vast majority of you "haters" aren't working in the video department selling higher-end product like Mitsubishi...you obviously don't care about accuracy and efficiency; traits that are absolutely associated with those who make it and those who don't. Quit blaming your shitty lot in life on everyone else! All the time you spend sitting around doing nothing but bitching about those who are making it happen would be time better spent getting on the website of all the manufacturer's you represent and training yourself on the product so you can move up in your world. And while you're there, take a look at their incentive programs. Samsung, Sony and Hitachi all offer spiff programs...Mitsubishi is not the only one. There is absolutely no shame in participating in these programs. It doesn't make you a "shady" salesperson who doesn't have a customer's best interest in mind because a great company who builds great product is rewarding you for selling a great product. Great paychecks don't just happen... they are created by those who make things happen.I personally earned an additional 40K last year in combined spiffs from all these manufacturers. I'm located in a town with a population of only 100,000 people. We have Costco, Best Buy, Circuit City, Sears and Wal-Mart Supercenter here, and I still managed to make a six figure income between my commissions and spiffs. You're in charge of your own destiny and you have the tools and the opportunity to make your life whatever you want it to be. Stop bitching and start doing.

The problem is that people like bitching, better than working. Its why there not making money.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeJan 2nd 2009
    There= they'reSuperhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorLurch
    • CommentTimeAug 10th 2009
    Guest: From the atrocious spelling I'm witnessing here, it's no wonder why the vast majority of you "haters" aren't working in the video department selling higher-end product like Mitsubishi...you obviously don't care about accuracy and efficiency; traits that are absolutely associated with those who make it and those who don't. Quit blaming your shitty lot in life on everyone else! All the time you spend sitting around doing nothing but bitching about those who are making it happen would be time better spent getting on the website of all the manufacturer's you represent and training yourself on the product so you can move up in your world. And while you're there, take a look at their incentive programs. Samsung, Sony and Hitachi all offer spiff programs...Mitsubishi is not the only one. There is absolutely no shame in participating in these programs. It doesn't make you a "shady" salesperson who doesn't have a customer's best interest in mind because a great company who builds great product is rewarding you for selling a great product. Great paychecks don't just happen... they are created by those who make things happen.I personally earned an additional 40K last year in combined spiffs from all these manufacturers. I'm located in a town with a population of only 100,000 people. We have Costco, Best Buy, Circuit City, Sears and Wal-Mart Supercenter here, and I still managed to make a six figure income between my commissions and spiffs. You're in charge of your own destiny and you have the tools and the opportunity to make your life whatever you want it to be. Stop bitching and start doing.

Square buisness!! You can make a great paycheck with Fry's, try transcending all your meager inner bullshit and have a little empathy for your customers as if their needs and wants were as important as your own and they will buy shit from you. Your paycheck will prove it!
  9.  permalink
    If you guys really want a great deal on audio or video equipment, then please contact your local HHGregg.

Expertise..... I do not think there has been a single time I've called the Frys store in Indianapolis and gotten a single individual who did not sound like they were completely ignorant.

"Yes, you have a $500 42 inch plasma in your ad, and I was just wondering what brand or model number that is....."
    "Uh, well I dunno, gimmie a second I'll grab and ad." 5-6 seconds "Well it doesn't show the model number on there, just a second I'll look it up" 10-15 seconds " Well I think its the LG."

"Ok, well do you know which model number it is? Perhaps the pq30?"

"Lemme ask someone, just a second." 15-20 seconds. . . . "Yeah man, Its the 30"

"Well......ok man thanks a lot" *hang up

Ah bless the ignorance. If it had only take me less than 8 minutes ( yes we have timers on the phone) to even get a person to answer.... life would've been awesome.

To prove a point though, we had a better tv (Panasonic) at the same price.... so our customer was pleased to know that it WAS NOT a Panny in your add :)

Keep up the great work guys