Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthoradmin
    • CommentTimeMay 20th 2007 edited
    I would like to remind everyone that ALL information on this site is private and confidential and never released to ANYONE else not even the U.S. Goverment since the machine this site runs on is an another country where U.S. law does not apply.  

This site is not operated by, sponsored by, endorsed by, or affiliated with Fry's Electronics in any way. The official Fry's Electronics site is www.frys.com.  

Here's information regarding Section 230  
    Here's information regarding Fair use of Copyrights  
    Here's information regarding Fair use of Trademarks  
    Here's information regarding Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA)  
    Here's information regarding Privacy Rights  

Parts of the law I care about:  

Section 230 Protections: What is this "Section 230" thing anyway?  
    Section 230 refers to Section 230 of Title 47 of the United States Code (47 USC § 230). It was passed as part of the much-maligned Communication Decency Act of 1996. Many aspects of the CDA were unconstitutional restrictions of freedom of speech (and, with EFF's help, struck down by the Supreme Court), but this section survived and has been a valuable defense for Internet intermediaries ever since.  

Section 230 Protections: What protection does Section 230 provide?  
    Section 230 says that "No provider or user of an interactive computer service shall be treated as the publisher or speaker of any information provided by another information content provider." This federal law preempts any state laws to the contrary: "[n]o cause of action may be brought and no liability may be imposed under any State or local law that is inconsistent with this section." The courts have repeatedly rejected attempts to limit the reach of Section 230 to "traditional" Internet service providers, instead treating many diverse entities as "interactive computer service providers."  

Trademarks Protections: Can I use their name and logo?  
    While trademark law prevents you from using someone else's trademark to sell your competing products (you can't make and sell your own "Rolex" watches or name your blog "Newsweek"), it doesn't stop you from using the trademark to refer to the trademark owner or its products (offering repair services for Rolex watches or criticizing Newsweek's editorial decisions). That kind of use, known as "nominative fair use," is permitted if using the trademark is necessary to identify the products, services, or company you're talking about, and you don't use the mark to suggest the company endorses you. In general, this means you can use the company name in your review so people know which company or product you're complaining about. You can even use the trademark in a domain name (like walmartsucks.com), so long as it's clear that you're not claiming to be or speak for the company.  

Best way to get a hold of me is to send me a Private Message on the site, I will respond within 24 hours.  
    The account below is monitored but no responses will be given to any email recieved.  

admin@frysforum.comContact Me: admin@frysforum.com [FrysForum Administration Group]
    •  
      CommentAuthorcydal
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2008
    Hi, thanks for this usefull information. I received an aplication in regards to the lawsuit. However I have lost the papers, and would like to know how I can obtain those forms in order to qualify for the compensation of unpaid hours. Thanks for your help.  
    ~Cydal
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    • CommentTimeJul 29th 2008
    I am surprised someone even responded to this thread.i am a worm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeJul 29th 2008
    First.
  1.  permalink
    good info. i've actually started a bog about my own company and have avoided using the company name until i have everything locked down. i should consider moving the web server offshore too.:face-monkey:
    •  
      CommentAuthorflea
    • CommentTimeAug 19th 2008
    :face-crying:Fry's is corrupt I am here to talk about it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorflea
    • CommentTimeAug 19th 2008
    praise allahhFry's is corrupt I am here to talk about it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjputter40
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2009
    Apparently, there are lots of people looking for a place to complain about Fry (the store). Everyone, including me, thought this site was affiliated with Fry the s---t electronics store - but in a good way. :-) I mean, at least in the sense that this (un)affiliated site provides an outlet for the expression of pain this store clearly has caused so many people. I can't believe that Fry (the store) is still in business judging from all the comments I see here. They outrageously violate every rule regarding retail - from product to customer service and on and on and on. I, myself, am a victim of Fry's (the store) larceny.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2009
    "In the United States, larceny is a common law crime involving theft. Under the common law, larceny is the trespassory taking (caption) and carrying away (asportation, removal) of the tangible personal property of another with the intent to deprive him or her of its possession permanently."  

The thought of Randy Fry climbing into your window to try and get his hands on your xbox 360 is hilarious.
  2.  permalink
    So who stole from who?
    •  
      CommentAuthoremulous
    • CommentTimeMay 30th 2009 edited
    drop a link yo  

Curelost Website links ....yahoo killahttp://curelost.com
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeMay 30th 2009
    Randy Fry steals your Christmas presents if you're a naughty boy or girl.
  3.  permalink
    jputter40: Apparently, there are lots of people looking for a place to complain about Fry (the store). Everyone, including me, thought this site was affiliated with Fry the s---t electronics store - but in a good way. :-) I mean, at least in the sense that this (un)affiliated site provides an outlet for the expression of pain this store clearly has caused so many people. I can't believe that Fry (the store) is still in business judging from all the comments I see here. They outrageously violate every rule regarding retail - from product to customer service and on and on and on. I, myself, am a victim of Fry's (the store) larceny.

That's because there are people who have good experiences at Fry's. That is why Fry's is still in business.Why is there an S in Lisp?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeJun 16th 2009
    jputter40:They outrageously violate every rule regarding retail - from product to customer service and on and on and on. I, myself, am a victim of Fry's (the store) larceny.

Still makes me chuckle.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeJul 1st 2009
    I'm baaaack :face-devil-grin:Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeJul 2nd 2009
    Hey zuk, long time no see.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeJul 4th 2009
    Suzukiman: I'm baaaack :face-devil-grin:

I totally thought you died.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    He misplaced his internet.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    yep actually had to set up my system at homeLooking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeJul 5th 2009
    What do you run?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    one system is a windows machine the other 3 are centos 5.3Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    i still have to wire up my room with a 30 amp breaker for all the monitors and computers to run at the same time.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
  4.  permalink
    I forgot how i got to this site, but all this talk of frys, makes me want to go check there site for "Frys Top Picks"
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeJul 19th 2009 edited
    Suzukiman: one system is a windows machine the other 3 are centos 5.3

why centos? for ease of use use ubuntu.  

Heres what I have  

At work:  
    Work laptop with windows vista (I do windows application development).  
    My ubuntu desktop computer is ubuntu 9.04 ( i do embedded firmware development )  
    I maintain a subversion and build server (source control management with auto compile images on every svn commit)  
    Another server for flashing routers. (Can flash 240 routers at the same time in less than 5 minutes, fully automated just plug and play, runs ubuntu 9.04 on an ssd drive)  
    Another server connected to 4 HD 1080p lcd screens running ubuntu 8.04 lts (displays the status of 240 routers getting flashed at once on 4 screens. It also does automated testing. i wrote the entire software suite)  
    Another server for personally compiling my own firmware, compiles take forever. ubuntu 8.04 lts  
    An external server running running ubuntu 8.04 for performance testing as well as firmware over the air (fota) and link aggregation (lagg), and compiling firmware (owrt)  

At home:  
    My media center computer is windows xp so i can play netflix.  
    My main home desktop is ubuntu 9.04.  
    I have a mac mini first gen PowerPC running Debian Squeeze. (ubuntu = debian fork)  
    A toshiba running ubuntu 8.04 LTS.  
    An HP mini running ubuntu 9.04.  

I have ubuntu on everything including the windows machines under vmware.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeJul 19th 2009
    yes but ubuntu isnt as mainstream as redhat and cent os is basically redhat. Remember most companies use redhat simply because it has a bit more recognition than any other distros it also seems to have better support than others but ive only been in or worked at 7 different companies all of which used redhat or cent os to list a few lockheed martin ibm nanoisi eag the company down the hall from nanoisi the company my brother worked at and the company hosting the web page for the current company I work for as the webmaster.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    also having a windows box handling a vm linux box is kindof like building a pyramid upside downLooking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    Anyone have a hackintosh?
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeJul 19th 2009 edited
    Suzukiman: yes but ubuntu isnt as mainstream as redhat and cent os is basically redhat. Remember most companies use redhat simply because it has a bit more recognition than any other distros it also seems to have better support than others but ive only been in or worked at 7 different companies all of which used redhat or cent os to list a few lockheed martin ibm nanoisi eag the company down the hall from nanoisi the company my brother worked at and the company hosting the web page for the current company I work for as the webmaster.

All the big corporate companies runs RHEL and to cut costs CentOS.  

But there is more debian-based installs than redhat-based installs. 65% for debian-based, 20% for redhat-based, 15% goes to the other linux distros.  

In order of server deployments it goes ubuntu, debian, centos, fedora, rhel.  

Fry's runs on FC2. It's retarded to install RHEL without support contracts but then there's CentOS the next best thing cause you can find online support, free updates and no licensing. The number one revenue generating linux os is RHEL. $1200/yr per server, 15k/yr per mainframe. RedHat sales guys are that good.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    i dont know about that for true server deployments but for personal computers (also home office type servers) i think that is accurate. for most corporate servers I think it goes something more like centos fedora rhel ubuntu suse debian. The reason for suse is i heard it has decent firewall support but i could be wrong. frys also had an old version of rhel 3 or something running on a few that I saw.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
  5.  permalink
    Sasquatch: Anyone have a hackintosh?

I run a quad core hackintosh as my main desktop PC, with a Macbook as my laptop.  
    Vista on a separate partition on the desktop and running on my HTPC. Windows Home Server on my 3TB server in the garage.http://www.frysblackfriday.com
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeJul 28th 2009
    Nice, except for WHS. Boooo.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeJul 29th 2009
    Sasquatch: Nice, except for WHS. Boooo.

WHS is a fisher price toy: My First NAS... Server.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeSep 1st 2009
    I gots some advices for ya right here, baby.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeSep 1st 2009
    webhosting: We planning to start worldwide e-commerce project and searching for reliable web hosting system, which have multi-location servers (like Host1Plus)  
    Of course we need good support. From you we need advices about hosting services for ecommerce?

You guys sound like a bunch of spammers. You own this site. $1.95 a month for hosting must be crap.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd 2009
    Hahaha, check out their Maxi plan. For heavy flow.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeSep 5th 2009
    Sasquatch: Hahaha, check out their Maxi plan. For heavy flow.

Web hosting isn't actually a bad idea. You can easily cram 4k to 10k customers on one box. $4 x 10k customers = $40k a month
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeSep 6th 2009
    Until one of your clients get dugg to front page, heh.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeSep 7th 2009
    Sasquatch: Until one of your clients get dugg to front page, heh.

you know most shared hosted sites that get dugg get suspended for excessive resources.  

From those how to survive a getting dugg... you can prevent this excessive use by heavy caching or temporarily using a static page for the dugg content.
  6.  permalink
    6072798 Mac Mini 2.26GHz
    I was dying to get one of this mac mini. I waited long time to have this on sale. But frys.com and frys store tricked me and treated me like a fool. The they mac mini was on sale I went online select a store and item was available on one store near my area. I went to checkout for store pick up option and everything went through. Next morning I got email saying item not available in store. Order not ready for pickup. I called frys.com and asked he (CSR) asked me to call the store. I did and somebody put me on hold till it hangup. Next thing I went online did the whole process again since item was available on selected store. After a minute I got email saying same thing again. So I headed to the fry's store 18 mile away from my house and the store had three mac mini on the front counter and csr said already booked for somebody who is not coming anyway. What a trick. I asked one guy on computer section where is 499 mac mini he stared at me and said where is 499 mac mini where did you see it. For instant I thought I was making myself fool. What a trick from Fry's. Anyways good job guys fooling around with people. What a false advertisement even store clerk doesn't know that. And CSR wasn't ready to sell me one. Of course not it's selling on 599 @ apple.com so they are definitely not there to lose any money!!! But it's all good I came back home and bought one from Amazon.com for 555 which was almost the same price they were offering after tax and accessories. Now on I won't shop on fry's in my entire life and would not recommend anyone being attracted to fake price sales from frys.com. Just some thoughts.......
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeMar 3rd 2010
    Why wouldn't you just go to Best Buy (who would price match) or an Apple Store? Why even think of Fried for buying something like this?
    •  
      CommentAuthorjosephy
    • CommentTimeNov 22nd 2010
    :face-devil-grin:A newbie say a big hello to everyone here~~

7.  permalink
    Don't forget to report Fry's to the IRS. As an ex-employee of 2 years, I have seen many fraudulent acts of lude business conduct from money laundering to mistreatment of employees' wages & commission. The company is profiting $500,000 each year from lost wages & untrackable money loss from customers & employees in one store. I have showed evidence of such wrong miscalculations of GP (Gross Profit) to Upper Management who threw away the paperwork & made up excuses why the numbers are showing up wrong in the POS system. Also, the cashiers would intentionally not use the Sales quote from customers hence the Sales Rep. losing his/her commission & the net gross profit ends up going to the company's pocket. The company has violated constitutional rights by intentionally creating scenerios to fire employees to avoid paying unemployment insurance claims. The company's unlawful business conduct must be reported in order for the company owners be arrested for criminal charges. Millions of money are not being reported & the owners of the company are expanding their Corporation by buying lands, real estates, & other companies. The Fry's brothers are not the only shareholders to the company, but other grocery store owners (Ralph's, Safeway, etc.) who are investing on Fry's Electronics. I have reported Fry's Electronics to the IRS & to the State's Attorney General. We need more people to report all the misconduct and criminal acts that goes on at Fry's Electronics. Too many Corporations are getting away with millions of money while the hard-working employees are being screwed over.
  8.  permalink
    plz share ur experience of repairing of digital equipments?
    •  
      CommentAuthorglitzy
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2014
    Guest: Don't forget to report Fry's to the IRS. As an ex-employee of 2 years, I have seen many fraudulent acts of lude business conduct from money laundering to mistreatment of employees' wages & commission. The company is profiting $500,000 each year from lost wages & untrackable money loss from customers & employees in one store. I have showed evidence of such wrong miscalculations of GP (Gross Profit) to Upper Management who threw away the paperwork & made up excuses why the numbers are showing up wrong in the POS system. Also, the cashiers would intentionally not use the Sales quote from customers hence the Sales Rep. losing his/her commission & the net gross profit ends up going to the company's pocket. The company has violated constitutional rights by intentionally creating scenerios to fire employees to avoid paying unemployment insurance claims. The company's unlawful business conduct must be reported in order for the company owners be arrested for criminal charges. Millions of money are not being reported & the owners of the company are expanding their Corporation by buying lands, real estates, & other companies. The Fry's brothers are not the only shareholders to the company, but other grocery store owners (Ralph's, Safeway, etc.) who are investing on Fry's Electronics. I have reported Fry's Electronics to the IRS & to the State's Attorney General. We need more people to report all the misconduct and criminal acts that goes on at Fry's Electronics. Too many Corporations are getting away with millions of money while the hard-working employees are being screwed over.

did you get anywhere with the Attorny General
  9.  permalink
    Guest 24553 59 minutes ago.

Can you delete all post by me please. I'm afraid my job might be at jeopardy can't find contact info.
  10.  permalink
    Too late, we found you! Nothing can ever be deleted, except your future. Expect to be fired and blacklisted shortly.
    •  
      CommentAuthorALEX
    • CommentTimeOct 28th 2016
    I got caught shoplifting at Fry's and when I left the store I got shot into a car and busted my eyes open I'm going to need stitches is there a a lawsuit or no
Add your comments