Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFrenchyFry
    • CommentTimeSep 6th 2013 edited
    I always remembered Fry's doing deliveries in Unmarked White Box Trucks with NO signage whatsoever. They were always so Paranoid of getting robbed, carjacked, etc. Today I saw this Ad, advertising Free Local Delivery ( with exceptions ) showing a decked out Delivery Van with Fry's Spelled out all over.  

Have they finally changed the Delivery Fleet to reflect a Professional Image?

Fry\'s Delivery Truck.JPG
  1. Other Topics You Might Like
    Service Dept. acquiring Delivery Team
    What's with Fry's always being Out of Stock?
    Someone changed my title without permission
    What it's like without hourly pay
    how to report a dm for firing you without complete proof ?
    •  
      CommentAuthorr3j3ct
    • CommentTimeSep 6th 2013
    Our freight trucks come in unmarked... sometimes random trucks that seem like they were rented from other companies. They are indeed afraid of being robbed/carjacked. I mean... come on, they're carrying multi-hundred/thousand dollar products after all!
    •  
      CommentAuthorFrenchyFry
    • CommentTimeSep 7th 2013 edited
    Great Reason to get your Commission yanked.  
    " Your Customer's TV got Stolen while we were Trying to Deliver it! "
  2.  permalink
    In 2006 I started working at Fry's in Campbell, and we had the biggest POS van; Blue/Rusted 1994 Ford Minivan. None of the hydraulic's worked on the rear hatch, so you would be pulling shit out for delivery and it just be slamming shut. Customers would look at this thing, and be like WTF? What year are we living in? Fry's owns this thing?!

Everyone in Service took their turn beating the shit out of it while driving in attempt to kill it.

Fuck Fry's :)
  3.  permalink
    That truck does exist - it's at store 9, and I've seen a few more at home office that weren't wrapped. They're Mercedes Benz Sprinters.
  4.  permalink
    Damn, you beat me to it guest54577. To add onto what guest54577 said, these vans have been hanging around store 9 since May if 2012, possibily earlier. I was a little shocked when I first saw them, expecially the fact that they're Mercedes. Only reason I'm shocked that they're Mercedes, is that Fry's electronics treats their employees like crap and cry poor all the time, yet it's no problem to purchase a fleet of Mercedes vans with custom paint jobs. Just saying...
    •  
      CommentAuthorCrazyFox213
    • CommentTimeNov 10th 2013 edited
    Guest: In 2006 I started working at Fry's in Campbell, and we had the biggest POS van; Blue/Rusted 1994 Ford Minivan. None of the hydraulic's worked on the rear hatch, so you would be pulling shit out for delivery and it just be slamming shut. Customers would look at this thing, and be like WTF? What year are we living in? Fry's owns this thing?!  

Everyone in Service took their turn beating the shit out of it while driving in attempt to kill it.  

Fuck Fry's :)

I too have seen that rolling death trap in the past, but assumed they had upgraded by now. What a fucking cheap ass Fry's is for still allowing a rolling piece of shit like that to still be on the road, let alone representing the company.