Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorr3j3ct
    • CommentTimeSep 16th 2013
    In the computer department, we don't do tech support. We sell, and only get paid to sell.  

Had a customer today call the department for tech support.  

Told him to hold and transferred him to service... win win situation :)
  1. Other Topics You Might Like
    Fry's Salesmen are not Tech Support!
    Video for Supporting for $700 billion bailout
    Fry's Dropping Commission Only for Salespeople
    How are you former returns/receiving/coordinator people holding up in sales?
    Credit Card companies to charge extra fees for people who pay in full
  2.  permalink
    Service does not do (free) tech support either.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAnakin
    • CommentTimeSep 18th 2013 edited
    God I hate it when random people call us for free tech support, especially when the call center blind transfers them through. There are already customers who PAY us to work on their machines. I'm not about to prioritize a free consultation over a system build. If these idiots want free support, they can use Google. Otherwise, they can see us in-store and pay $17.50 for 15 minutes of consultation.:face-plain:
    •  
      CommentAuthorr3j3ct
    • CommentTimeSep 18th 2013
    Most of the time I just straight up tell them that we don't do tech support. Then hang up :D
    •  
      CommentAuthorGuest 644
    If a customer purchased something within a few days from me and calls and asks me some questions, I always take care of their questions. Theoretically if I spend a couple of minutes with them on the phone, they won't return the item and I won't get a hit. Also sometimes, their questions can lead to me selling them something and sometimes it's a dead end. That's when I pull the "no free tech support" card.

A lot of the time it's just random ass people that bought stuff at Fry's years earlier and think somehow that we are all walking around the store with PhDs and work for NASA. If I were some kind of Engineer, I wouldn't be working at Fry's. Hell sometimes they didn't even buy it at Fry's. Once they admit that, I have 100% cover to tell them that we can't help them.
    •  
      CommentAuthornfl
    Guest: If a customer purchased something within a few days from me and calls and asks me some questions, I always take care of their questions. Theoretically if I spend a couple of minutes with them on the phone, they won't return the item and I won't get a hit. Also sometimes, their questions can lead to me selling them something and sometimes it's a dead end. That's when I pull the "no free tech support" card.  

A lot of the time it's just random ass people that bought stuff at Fry's years earlier and think somehow that we are all walking around the store with PhDs and work for NASA. If I were some kind of Engineer, I wouldn't be working at Fry's. Hell sometimes they didn't even buy it at Fry's. Once they admit that, I have 100% cover to tell them that we can't help them.

I agree, that's about the same level of helpfulness I possesed when I worked there. A trick of mine was to ask what model TV/AV receiver they were having an issue with. If they responded with a "why does that matter?" I just assumed that they got it from somewhere else (because they realized that I would know it's a model that we didn't carry) and were wanting free tech support. If it was something that we carried and I wasn't busy I'd usual help them anyway.
  3.  permalink
    •  
      CommentAuthornfl
    • CommentTimeSep 20th 2013
    Guest: http://curelost.com/

Not this thing again. Who's behind that website anyway? Is it Emulous/Crushtron/Flea's?  

http://frysforum.com/discussion/1783/
  4.  permalink
    Always play dumb and redirect them to service. Your job title is computer sales, not tech support. If the customer is too dumb to Google the solution to their problem... fuck 'em.
    •  
      CommentAuthorr3j3ct
    • CommentTimeOct 9th 2013
    Chris_Tomkinson: Always play dumb and redirect them to service. Your job title is computer sales, not tech support. If the customer is too dumb to Google the solution to their problem... fuck 'em.

A salesman can offer some technical advice for an item you are purchasing through them as courtesy. Same reason why you don't go to a car dealership and annoy the car salesmen for car technical questions. Some people just don't fucking understand.