Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
  1.  permalink
    So I got hired at Frys Concord and took the drug test this past wednesday the 18th at 3:15pm and a woman named Heather said I'd be called Friday or saturday of my start date which should have been monday the 23rd but when I called she said wasn't on the list of new hires. I KNOW that I had to have passed the drug test because I don't do drugs, but shouldn't the results have been back by now? Wondering what's going on and how much longer I'll have to wait to start.
  2. Other Topics You Might Like
    Jared Got Drugtested Today
    This Is Justin Marabeas and Im gonna fuck Concord and asdf Up!
    Rumor: Employee Got Fired Then Rehired At San Diego Fry's
    Interviewed at Fry's three times, took drug test...
    Greatest Wigger of all time (this guy is beyond Eminem)!!!!
  3.  permalink
    This happened to me too when I first started. Sometimes they take a long time to send the results of the drug test to the store.

On a side note: You can still fail the drug test even if you don't take drugs. Certain foods such as bagels with poppy seeds and drinking too much water (dilution) can cause you to fail the test.
  4.  permalink
    Why apply to work at Fry's? That hostile and backward work environment is only suitable for the masochist. Working at Fry's will suck the humanity out of you.

The staff will only be nice to you during thr first week because it's the training week. A couple weeks and months later will let you see the true heideous color of working at Fry's. All Fry's employees are overworked and underpayed. The management is retarded. Customers are made stupid and lost because of the new store layout changes every damn month. Sales associate get screwed over by price matching bullshit and are forced to do the bitch work for higher up. Supervisors are stupid. Department managers like to pretend they're busy with something, likes to walk around the store and staying out of sight from employees and customers. Poor merchandisers are abused and overworked to their bones. Cashiers and loss prevention associates seem to have it easy, but the latter complain about how boring it gets standing by the exit all the time.

Everyone is cool except the sales associates, supervisors, and department managers.

I bid good luck to all the newcomers at Fry's.

P.S. Find retail job something else other than Fry's!
    •  
      CommentAuthorr3j3ct
    • CommentTimeSep 24th 2013
    Guest: Why apply to work at Fry's? That hostile and backward work environment is only suitable for the masochist. Working at Fry's will suck the humanity out of you.  

The staff will only be nice to you during thr first week because it's the training week. A couple weeks and months later will let you see the true heideous color of working at Fry's. All Fry's employees are overworked and underpayed. The management is retarded. Customers are made stupid and lost because of the new store layout changes every damn month. Sales associate get screwed over by price matching bullshit and are forced to do the bitch work for higher up. Supervisors are stupid. Department managers like to pretend they're busy with something, likes to walk around the store and staying out of sight from employees and customers. Poor merchandisers are abused and overworked to their bones. Cashiers and loss prevention associates seem to have it easy, but the latter complain about how boring it gets standing by the exit all the time.  

Everyone is cool except the sales associates, supervisors, and department managers.  

I bid good luck to all the newcomers at Fry's.  

P.S. Find retail job something else other than Fry's!

Fry's will turn you into a ruthless shark... but once you become that ruthless shark and make money, it's actually not too bad. The ones who fall behind either don't work at all or are too nice or not aggressive enough.  

Be warned though, once you quit Fry's and go to the real world you gotta get rid of the aggressive shark habit, unless you're going to another sales job.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFrenchyFry
    • CommentTimeSep 24th 2013
    " The ones who fall behind either don't work at all or are too nice or not aggressive enough." Reminds me of the Sharks swimming circles around a newborn Seal.
  5.  permalink
    That sums it up pretty well. Be nice to the cashiers though because they make sure you get credit for the sale if your quote is screwed up or needs to be rewritten. Be nasty to the cashiers and be prepared to have your quote "lost" or not scanned.