Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorHideFried
    • CommentTimeSep 28th 2013
    The guys that walk in with the ad? The customer that just asks tons of questions then leaves? Or how about the guy that wants to just price match everything?  

Just curious as to who bothers you the most.
  1. Other Topics You Might Like
    So what questions annoy you the most about the customer?
    Do you ever get customers who brag about themselves?
    Suzukiman's Topic: Which Software Do you like most?
    What supervisor do you hate the most?
    How do you get the store manager attention as a customer
  2.  permalink
    I can't stand people who complain about Windows 8 and how there are no new Win 7 computers in the store, then complaining about having to pay for the windows 7 shell. I know windows 8 isn't perfect, but quit being lazy and deal with change. It only takes about a week to get used to if you aren't completely retarded.
    •  
      CommentAuthorr3j3ct
    HideFried: The guys that walk in with the ad? The customer that just asks tons of questions then leaves? Or how about the guy that wants to just price match everything?  

Just curious as to who bothers you the most.

If it's an Indian/Asian walking in with the ad, fuck em... you can't change their minds... but most other races you need a little convincing to make some $$ off them.  

The customers who come to learn and buy nothing are the worst. Learn their faces so that you know to stay away from them next time.  

Do the same with the guy who wants to price match everything (learn faces)... but most of the time for me they either want to match from places like eBay or it's a completely different product. Easy denial.  

I personally hate the ones who are absolutely computer illiterate who really need to buy a computer, but are hesitant every step because they think you are ripping them off and question everything. Of course, they are also the ones who never wanna buy PSC or software. They usually want the cheapest computer possible with nothing else. Pure thrift.
    •  
      CommentAuthorr3j3ct
    Also wanted to add, at my particular store we have customers who come in and preach their religious beliefs to random people... both other customers and employees.  

When I'm off the clock, I would tell them to go preach their bullshit fairy tales somewhere else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeSep 29th 2013
    r3j3ct: Also wanted to add, at my particular store we have customers who come in and preach their religious beliefs to random people... both other customers and employees.  

When I'm off the clock, I would tell them to go preach their bullshit fairy tales somewhere else.

Which store is that?
    •  
      CommentAuthorr3j3ct
    ObiWan:
    r3j3ct: Also wanted to add, at my particular store we have customers who come in and preach their religious beliefs to random people... both other customers and employees.  

Which store is that?

Some store in the southern part of the US of A... where most people are religious nuts
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    hmmmm....Webster?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAnakin
    • CommentTimeSep 30th 2013 edited
    r3j3ct:
    ObiWan:

Which store is that?

Some store in the southern part of the US of A... where most people are religious nuts

ObiWan: hmmmm....Webster?

Nice try ObiWan. r3j3ct really works in appliance sales at the store in Renton. :face-monkey:
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeSep 30th 2013
    So that means he lives in the part of the country where people are Godless hedonists, right? [as compared to his description of people in the southern US]
    •  
      CommentAuthorr3j3ct
    • CommentTimeOct 6th 2013
    Anakin:
    r3j3ct:
    ObiWan:

Which store is that?

Nice try ObiWan. r3j3ct really works in appliance sales at the store in Renton. :face-monkey:

Shit... what happened to keeping this a secret Anakin? :(
    •  
      CommentAuthorAnakin
    • CommentTimeOct 7th 2013
    r3j3ct:
    Anakin:
    r3j3ct:
    ObiWan:

Which store is that?

Shit... what happened to keeping this a secret Anakin? :(

You know what? I'm sorry r3j3ct. I have to root you out in order to bring balance to the forums. To everyone reading this, r3j3ct works at the Fry's store located in Manila.:face-monkey:
    •  
      CommentAuthorr3j3ct
    • CommentTimeOct 7th 2013
    That's more like it :)
  3.  permalink
    I fucking hate when people come in and want to hook up their computer to their old ass 1990 TV, and they want HD audio & video.
    Also, I hate the mother fuckers who think they can do anything with cables. This one guy said he wants to connect his PS3 to his phone so he can play games on it. I told him it wasn't possible and he cried about how he knows someone who did it. Also, I hate the Asians that only want the on sale "tony"(Sony) computers and the Indians/middle Eastern's who say "My friend, I buy laptop and you give me free anti-virus" *Most stereotypical indian voice you can imagine*- I tell them I cannot do that and then they hit me with the "But I pay cash, I buy laptop with cash you give me free anti-virus" I DON'T GIVE A FLYING FUCK IF YOU PAY CASH, CREDIT, ETC. Fuck outta' here!....Alright I'm done. For now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeOct 12th 2013
    Nice attitude there, Guest 26182. Think you could use the f-word a few more times? I'd imagine your attitude is picked up by any potential customers.
  4.  permalink
    I honestly don't care, Obi Wan. I'm part time and I make good enough money there so whatever. Obviously I'm not going to use that attitude while working. On a side note, fuck you, you fucking troll. You live on this fucking forum you no life bastard. You piece of shit kike ass mother fucker.
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeOct 13th 2013
    oh wow gee...my feelings are so hurt (not really though). Do you feel better now for writing that? I'd bet you wouldn't have the cajones to say that to anyone face to face.
    •  
      CommentAuthorflea
    ObiWan: oh wow gee...my feelings are so hurt (not really though). Do you feel better now for writing that? I'd bet you wouldn't have the cajones to say that to anyone face to face.

It depends on the person, you are a prime candidate.  

I have seen you troll these forums for years. While people have come and gone, your consistency is almost annoying. You are either independently wealthy and have nothing better to do, or have some unrelinquishable fetish with how the company treated you in the past and you alleviate yourself by coming here.  

Whatever floats your boat, buddy. I sincerely hope you have prepared yourself for the more difficult challenges we all face not too far down the line.Fry's is corrupt I am here to talk about it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorr3j3ct
    How about these types of customers?  

Customer: I need to connect my laptop to my TV  
    Me: What laptop?  
    Customer: IDK  
    Me: Model? Brand?  
    Me: Do you at least know what ports are on your laptop?  
    Customer: No  
    Me: Ummmmm ok... what TV are you connecting to?  
    Customer: IDK, it's an old TV  
    Me: Connectivity on TV??  
    Customer: IDK, whatever older TVs use I guess!  
    Me: I will eat your first born child...
    •  
      CommentAuthorAnakin
    • CommentTimeOct 14th 2013 edited
    r3j3ct: How about these types of customers?  

Customer: I need to connect my laptop to my TV  
    Me: What laptop?  
    Me: Model? Brand?  
    Me: Do you at least know what ports are on your laptop?  
    Customer: No  
    Me: Ummmmm ok... what TV are you connecting to?  
    Customer: IDK, it's an old TV  
    Me: Connectivity on TV??  
    Customer: IDK, whatever older TVs use I guess!  
    Me: I will eat your first born child...

Spot on, good sir, spot on.  

And holy crap, flea is back! I thought you would never post on that account again after talking crap about a certain courtesy associate.
  5.  permalink
    I cringe everytime I hear this.

"What kind of Windows do Macs run?"
    •  
      CommentAuthorr3j3ct
    • CommentTimeOct 15th 2013
    These are also my favorite types of customers (prepare for a geek conversation):  

Customer: I'm looking for a power supply to run my graphics card.  
    Me: What type of card?  
    Customer: High end, it's a GTX 780 and I have a 6 core i7 CPU with 32GB RAM.  
    Me: Nice, that's one hell of a X79 gaming PC. I recommend a solid PSU, a higher end Corsair or Antec will do very well for you.  
    Customer: I read that the 780 only needs 600W to run. This Coolmax 600W is pretty cheap, I think I'll pick that up.  
    Me: I DO NOT recommend you doing that. With such a high end system you're gonna NEED a high end PSU to run it. I recommend this Corsair 750W 80 plus gold rated one, it'll do the job very well and give you a bit of headroom.  
    Customer: Why would I pay $130 for that when I can pay $60 for something that will work?  
    Me: That Coolmax WON'T work, wattage is not about everything. You need 42 amps on your 12V rail just to run that GPU, and you have to consider all the other high end components in your computer. That Coolmax will put out 36 amps MAX, so that's a no go. The power supply is the LAST thing you want to skimp on especially when you have such a high end system. You get what you pay for.  
    Customer: I think you're just saying that to upsell me. *Grabs Coolmax PSU anyways and runs off*  
    Me: Suit yourself...  

A day or two later, that Coolmax PSU is back on the shelf with a "reduced price" sticker. :) I also had a sadistic hope that the power supply fried his entire $3000 system :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorGuest 644
    • CommentTimeOct 16th 2013
    Those shitty Coolmax power supplies cost $35. We really shouldn't even be carrying them. All they do is cause problems with our dirtbag cheap ass customers. Most customers are smart enough not to buy those pieces of shit but there's just enough idiots that will buy anything that's cheap enough regardless of the consequences. Like r3j3ct, I've spent years talking people out of buying that literal piece of shit. Serge, if you're reading this, change that garbage power supply to W status TODAY. It's a useless piece of shit and you know it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorr3j3ct
    • CommentTimeOct 16th 2013
    Guest: Those shitty Coolmax power supplies cost $35. We really shouldn't even be carrying them. All they do is cause problems with our dirtbag cheap ass customers. Most customers are smart enough not to buy those pieces of shit but there's just enough idiots that will buy anything that's cheap enough regardless of the consequences. Like r3j3ct, I've spent years talking people out of buying that literal piece of shit. Serge, if you're reading this, change that garbage power supply to W status TODAY. It's a useless piece of shit and you know it.

Fireworks for $35 on the 4th is always nice :)
  6.  permalink
    I completely agree with Flea. I pop on this website every now and then to see what's going on, and ObiWan is probably the only lame fuck that consistently posts annoying shit on here, and thinks he's the king of the forum.... I honestly want to know what else your life consist of. On another note, I'd be more than happy to private message you my info or whatever so we can meet at least half way so that I can show you my "cajones" and say whatever I want in your face.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDeezNuts
    • CommentTimeJun 25th 2015
    The people that need to connect two completely different machines together for "reasons"  

"Hey, I have this CRT Monitor from the 90's and I want to connect my iPhone to it with an HDMI cable, but in the process I also want to make it a split screen and run a Blu Ray on it from my fucking toaster"  

Fuck those people.  

Also, Indians and old Asian men.
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    @DeezNuts - I seriously doubt you've ever had a customer ask to do anything even close to that. JMHO, but your response shows what's wrong with the whole Fry's mentality. They only care about getting customers money - nothing else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDeezNuts
    @ObiWan - I actually have had a customer ask me about connecting their GS5 to their CRT monitor via MHL.  

The rest was there for exaggeration
  7.  permalink
    100% agreed with DeezNuts. Especially when these people are as arrogant as they are clueless.

Scenario 1
    Customer: I need a USB to HDMI.
    Me: Do you need to add an HDMI video out to a computer?
    Customer: No the HDMI on my TV stopped working so I need a USB to HDMI for my TV's usb port.
    Me: Uhh that doesn't work that way. (Sometimes this goes over well, sometimes they act like a complete ass despite the fact that I saved them the wasted time of buying and returning the item)

Scenario 2
    Customer: I need, a USB, to USB!!!! cable!!!
    Me: Which devices are you connecting?
    Customer: My printer to my computer.
    Me: Ok I have USB A to USB B cables over here.
    Customer: Huh?
    Me: You know, a "regular" USB to USB "square" cable.
    Customer: The last guy sold me that. It's the wrong one. Why does no one here know what they are talking about? My Printer has a regular USB plug in it.
    Me: The front USB port on your printer is for a flash drive. This square shaped usb is on the BACK of your printer. This is the correct cable. (Most of the time, they are happy after this. Most of the time...)

Scenario 3
    Customer: I need an HDMI to yellow red and white.
    Me: Ok we have these converter boxes over in the computer department. Which devices are you connecting?
    Customer: Isn't this the computer department? (Irrelevant)
    Me: Let me take you over there.
    Customer: I'm hooking up my Blu Ray player to my old TV.
    Me: Ok well the number 1 reason that these get returned is because of an issue with converting blu ray players to old TVs. There's this thing called HDCP....
    Customer: I don't care, I'll take this one thanks.
    Me: Ok but it's not going to work.
    Customer: My friend said it will work.
    Me: Ok, see you tomorrow. (The wording here isn't an exaggeration at all.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorGuest 3046
    • CommentTimeJul 1st 2015
    Let's see:

Customers that come in to only buy water/soda cause it's on promo code.
    You know you can get water pretty much any grocery store/Walmart for the same price (maybe like 8 cents more) EVERY day without a code.

Customers that do in store pickups for promo code items (which if you read the email that is sent with the promo code, it quite clearly says they are NOT supposed to be able to do so).
    They just come up to the registers and don't actually shop in the store, thus it make them spend less $.

Anybody that refuses to put their cart in a cart return.
    Not next to the return, not in a parking space, not up on the grass, and not in the middle of the exit area...

People that make a mess in the restroom, seriously if I did that at your house, you would kick me out.
    Also the same thing applies to the garbage cans outside the store.
    We are NOT the dump, empty your car out at home or at least in a large dumpster, not the trash cans outside the store.
    It's ridiculous how many used diapers show up in there...
  8.  permalink
    Fry's always gets the customer that is essentially, "I want to connect this random thing, into this random thing. Where's the adapter for it?" You can't bring reason to some of these people; if it fits it must work right?
  9.  permalink
    Obiwan your a stupid price of shit that needs to move on. Your posts go back years. Seriously, you don't know shit about anything going on at frys and you spend your life hating it. I but u wish u worked there still. Most people move on after a few months of quiting. Set yourself on fire for bitching for years. I hope Randy fry rapes you and you finally get your wish fulfilled of really being his bitch. I bet u spend more time thinking about him and he has never heard you you. Diaf you stupid fat fuck.
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeJul 6th 2015
    @Guest 64430 - do you feel better now after that rant? Would you like a hug?
    •  
      CommentAuthorGuest 9986
    • CommentTimeJul 29th 2015
    The ones who pricematch.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTheNewGuy
    Obi get ya bitchass off this frysforum. Go find yo self a woman lol if you can I doubt that:face-plain:
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    TheNewGuy: Obi get ya bitchass off this frysforum. Go find yo self a woman lol if you can I doubt that:face-plain:

Already have "a woman" douchbag. What are you going to do if I don't get my "bitchass off this frysforum"?
  10.  permalink
    Fry's employees are such worthless cunts. If you zit faced mother's-basement-living inbred rejects hate the customer, go find a job doing something else. This coming from an Indian/Asian who walks in with ads and price matches online.
    •  
      CommentAuthorr3j3ct
    • CommentTimeJul 31st 2015
    Guest: Fry's employees are such worthless cunts. If you zit faced mother's-basement-living inbred rejects hate the customer, go find a job doing something else. This coming from an Indian/Asian who walks in with ads and price matches online.

But if they went to find a job doing something else, nobody would be there to write you that price matched/promo code quote. Those poor Fry's employees......
    •  
      CommentAuthorCharlie
    • CommentTimeAug 15th 2015
    Guest: Fry's employees are such worthless cunts. If you zit faced mother's-basement-living inbred rejects hate the customer, go find a job doing something else. This coming from an Indian/Asian who walks in with ads and price matches online.

FrysLPGSavings.png
    •  
      CommentAuthorCharlie
    • CommentTimeAug 18th 2015
    You guys need to look for hidden opportunity. Take that Middle Easterner who wants a free antivirus if he pay cash. Tell him you can get him that if he buys a thee-year psc. Then go get him the McAfee that costs $0.01 after rebate.
  11.  permalink
    If we all do what everyone suggests, ObiWan won't have any updates on his favorite website he checks daily :(
  12.  permalink
    When women come up to me to price match I stare at their boobs and make them dirty and used. If a guy comes to me I like to smile, flirt and touch their hands alot. Usually they never come back to me. It's only backfired once, but we had a lovely evening of butt love!
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeAug 21st 2015
    Guest: If we all do what everyone suggests, ObiWan won't have any updates on his favorite website he checks daily :(

This isn't the only website I check daily (fwiw, it's not my favorite either)
  13.  permalink
    People who buy stuff that's like $10 and give you a freaking hundred dollar bill...

Idiots who buy a very large item (especially TVs) and ALWAYS seem to bring the smallest car possible.
    Did you just decide on the spur of the moment to buy a $2000 TV, and all you have to transport it is a really small car?
    Or perhaps you do have a large car, but everybody came along to the store, and if you put it in your car, where are they gonna sit?

People who decide to not buy something and just stick it wherever they feel like it.
    Big deal it's in the wrong section of the store, let's just put this $200 hard drive in a spot marked $9.99...
    •  
      CommentAuthorPunPun
    • CommentTimeNov 10th 2015
    Lol, you guys had so much problems when you worked.  
    Guess I was lucky.  
    The worst customer? the customer who yells about shit through the store about how upset they are with no explanation.  
    There was another one asking for a sale item that wasn't the item they had "but the ticket was there" it was a bunch of Extender antennae strewn about. Too tired to argue.  
    Both have happened at least...once?  
    So yeah, I never had a bad customer I couldn't handle. I had more customers pull the "this is this item thing", and if it was in the wrong place it was honored and I took care of it before anyone else could take advantage...and if it wasn't I sternly told the customer why they couldn't, apologizing profusely of course but that's already my MO.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAnakin
    • CommentTimeNov 10th 2015
    When I used to work at returns, I would often deal with customers who would bring in items that they obviously bought from another store, but would instead bring it to us for store credit. I once dealt with a kid trying to bring back a bunch of Skylanders toys, even though the Sears price stickers were on each and every one of them.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCharlie
    • CommentTimeNov 11th 2015
    Anakin: When I used to work at returns, I would often deal with customers who would bring in items that they obviously bought from another store, but would instead bring it to us for store credit. I once dealt with a kid trying to bring back a bunch of Skylanders toys, even though the Sears price stickers were on each and every one of them.

Lol! I had a friend do that back in high school, but it was with Costco items. He ended up building a new computers for cheap.